Metal Storm logo
Epica - Release New Video

"Storm The Sorrow", the brand new video from Dutch symphonic metallers Epica is now available for viewing below. The song is taken from the band's new album Requiem For The Indifferent, which is out via Nuclear Blast. The video clip was directed by Remko Tielemans.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 24.04.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 198 users
24.04.2012 - 23:14
Dargor
I actually like this one. Way better than every other videos they did in the past.
24.04.2012 - 23:30
Stabby
Account deleted
Best part was random pictures of the sinister-looking bird. I'm a bit of a dummy today, what kind of bird is that?
25.04.2012 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dargor on 24.04.2012 at 23:14

I actually like this one. Way better than every other videos they did in the past.

I never beeen Epica fan but song is good good, seems this album can be best I remeber some month ago they have new song it was awesome to
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.04.2012 - 00:42
Ernis
็‹ผ็พ
The video has a good conception. There's perhaps only one thing they could've done better... Simone could've been more similar to Shakira from the video "La Tortura"...
25.04.2012 - 02:12
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Ernis on 25.04.2012 at 00:42

Simone could've been more similar to Shakira from the video "La Tortura"...

Then they would be twice as bashed as they already are by the people that claim that the band relies on SImone's looks to succeed.
25.04.2012 - 02:30
Nattens
Written by Unhealer on 25.04.2012 at 02:12

Written by Ernis on 25.04.2012 at 00:42

Simone could've been more similar to Shakira from the video "La Tortura"...

Then they would be twice as bashed as they already are by the people that claim that the band relies on SImone's looks to succeed.

That's because they do. That and she's not a very good live singer. If she wasn't in the band as their ornament they'd be far less successful than now. Meanwhile a band such as, say, Therion who were not only doing this long before any other band but the best as they continue to do aren't anywhere near as successful in the United States, yet they do incredibly well elsewhere. Christofer Johnsson easily wipes the floor with this mediocre band like they do every other symphonic/operatic Metal band who pretty much look and sound the same.
25.04.2012 - 02:37
Void Eater
Account deleted
No nudes no care.
25.04.2012 - 02:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Nattens on 25.04.2012 at 02:30

That's because they do.

Still, they don't rely on her image. I agree her beauty got them into the mainstream, but they wouldn't have gone too far without some good music to back up. If they kick out Simone (lately I kinda hope they do unless she takes some singing lessons...), I'd still listen to them and go to their shows because I like the music and I admire Mark a lot.

To sum up, if they hadn't Simone they would have half of the fanbase they have now but I believe they would still be great.
And the Therion comparison was pointless, they may share the symphonic scene but they are not similar.
25.04.2012 - 03:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
Wow... This video is actually quite impressive! Definitely their best one so far.

As for Simone, she's pretty but I'd also be glad if she took some singing lessons. Saw Epica live recently and her voice just wasn't the same any more. :/

P.S.: Epica and Therion have absolutely nothing to do with each other, imo. However, I do see where Nattens is coming from.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.04.2012 - 03:35
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Simone is beautiful...
Best video theyve done, mostly cuz it was just of Simone the whole time. And I actually liked some of the artsy stuff too, the crow/raven and Mark looking like a NA Warrior. good stuff! too bad the rest of the album isnt so good...
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.04.2012 - 07:38
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

That's because they do. That and she's not a very good live singer. If she wasn't in the band as their ornament they'd be far less successful than now. Meanwhile a band such as, say, Therion who were not only doing this long before any other band but the best as they continue to do aren't anywhere near as successful in the United States, yet they do incredibly well elsewhere. Christofer Johnsson easily wipes the floor with this mediocre band like they do every other symphonic/operatic Metal band who pretty much look and sound the same.

...if you ever took the time to listen to Epica's non-single songs you would realize they are actually very talented musicians.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.04.2012 - 08:29
Void Eater
Account deleted
Will there every be a news post about Epica without a debate about whether or not their only popular due to Simone's ability to give boners to even the most senile old men?
25.04.2012 - 10:11
Oliver S.
I like the work! Its a really good song and the production is best!
25.04.2012 - 13:23
FeskarN
One of their best videos. Mark looks like he belongs in Game of Thrones and Simone looks more beautiful than ever :O
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
25.04.2012 - 19:07
Nattens
Written by AngelofDeth on 25.04.2012 at 07:38

...if you ever took the time to listen to Epica's non-single songs you would realize they are actually very talented musicians.

I have and they simply don't impress me. I only took interest in them at one time because two former members of God Dethroned joined them. Their music is mediocre at best and I have heard much, much better in all my years of listening to Metal. Also with the exception of Therion I don't like symphonic/operatic bands, especially the generic clone to clone female-fronted bands, and there's always a new one popping up almost every week. It's contrived, boring, and outmoded. And Markass Jansen is an overrated bitchmade pretty boy who I have seen in person get his ass handed to him for his treatment toward female fans and non-fans alike.

In fact, one of the last times he was here in NYC he grabbed some woman's ass, she busted his face open with one punch, and then her boyfriend came over, kicked him a few good times right in the face and his sides, and told him to be a gentlemen for future reference. See, it's not just Ms. Simons lack of vocal ability, diva attitude, and obvious use of an ornament which gets them the criticism and alienation they invoke, but they're also worse off with that loser pulling antics like that. Not a very good way to leave a lasting impression on fans and potential fans.

I only hope it's soon caught on video and posted on YouTube just so people can see the real side of that joker. He actually compared himself to guitar gods such as Chuck Schuldiner, Jeff Loomis, Dimebag Darrell, Alex Skolnick, and others which got one hell of a laugh out of me as I'm sure it did plenty of others! Oh please, that egomaniacal prick only wishes he could be that good! So, you see, it's not only their mediocrity that leaves much to be desired but their behavior which is why I find them to be less than remotely impressive.
25.04.2012 - 21:43
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Nattens on 25.04.2012 at 19:07

it's not only their mediocrity that leaves much to be desired but their behavior which is why I find them to be less than remotely impressive.

Wow, that's weird. But the real story behind that could have been somewhat different that what meets the eye, but I'm not going to defend him as I don't really care.
And when did he compare himself to those guitar players?

Anyway, behavior doesn't affect the way I see him. Nobody knows how most of the musicians responsible for your favorite music really are.
I still admire this guy.
25.04.2012 - 22:13
Nattens
The story behind it is no story at all; it's fact and it's happened more than once in other cities/states by the way. Yeah, the way a musician conducts themselves, especially toward fans and non-fans, DOES in fact put them in a bad light from which they can't escape. One day though he's going to fuck up so bad by doing that he might end up dead. Hey, anything is possible in this day and age!

He made those absurd comparisons last year and upon reading them like I said, I couldn't contain my laughter at all! Without his ginger trophy "singer" he'd be stuck playing venues and festivals over in Europe. Who the fuck does he think he is anyway? He's just some mediocre pretty boy with a deathwish is all. Nothing admirable about him whatsoever. No.
25.04.2012 - 22:22
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Nattens on 25.04.2012 at 22:13

The story behind it is no story at all; it's fact and it's happened more than once in other cities/states by the way.

I see you dedicated almost half of your comments on MS to mention this history. I think I'll choose not to believe it.
Not that I care anyway. I don't even believe he is a "pretty boy", I always wondered how the fuck did he get Simone and now he is with that opera singer Laura who is just as hot
25.04.2012 - 22:24
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Unhealer on 25.04.2012 at 21:43
I still admire this guy.

I separate the man from the music. Simple as that.

(Not this man in particular since I don't listen to Epica, but you get my point.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.04.2012 - 22:29
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.04.2012 at 22:24

I separate the man from the music. Simple as that.

Yeah, I also think like that, I tried to point it out above.
Otherwise I would have to despise Metallica just for Lars being in the band, just to mention one example.
25.04.2012 - 22:30
Nattens
Written by Unhealer on 25.04.2012 at 22:22

Written by Nattens on 25.04.2012 at 22:13

The story behind it is no story at all; it's fact and it's happened more than once in other cities/states by the way.

I see you dedicated almost half of your comments on MS to mention this history. I think I'll choose not to believe it.
Not that I care anyway. I don't even believe he is a "pretty boy", I always wondered how the fuck did he get Simone and now he is with that opera singer Laura who is just as hot

Choose not to believe it; fact is it happened here on three different occasions and many other cities/states in and outside the U.S. I distinctly remember when he got knocked on his ass by the one guy, instead of screaming at him he just asked, "Hey, what the fuck is your problem, asshole? Can't you just act like a gentleman instead of some shameless pig?"

Then we watched him quietly board his tourbus without a word to say. Yeah, really admirable, that tosser!

Oh, and try and telling those (mostly underage) girls and women who he rudely put his hands on who in turn thumped him themselves and/or had their boyfriend or husband knock him about for it to, uh, separate him from his "work." I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you otherwise.
25.04.2012 - 23:04
Ernis
็‹ผ็พ
Written by Unhealer on 25.04.2012 at 02:45

Still, they don't rely on her image. I agree her beauty got them into the mainstream, but they wouldn't have gone too far without some good music to back up.

Sure they don't... in fact... sometimes they dress her up to be as unsexy as possible. Like in that new video.

However, I do agree that Simone isn't the best singer out there. She has the charm, for sure. My eyes were nailed on her when I saw her on stage because she surely is above-average and very attractive.

When it comes to the music in general, the orchestration and choirs are more important than Simone's voice. I can't say I ever listened to Epica because of Simone's voice but because of the orchestral and choral side of the music. They do have pretty good compositions.
If they could get Melissa Ferlaak to sing for them, it would be a dream come true. Melissa is one of those wonderful operatic singers who started her career as a vocalist of a band similar to Therion (in fact, Lori Lewis replaced her in that band) but after leaving it she's been wandering from one mediocre group to another. Same thing with Tarja after she left Nightwish.

Epica would be a vocally strong band with either Tarja or Melissa. In the latter case they couldn't possibly lose any fanbase either because Melissa is smokin' hot...
25.04.2012 - 23:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Ernis on 25.04.2012 at 23:04
Melissa Ferlaak

Kinda reminds me of Angela Gossow, only without the penis.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.04.2012 - 05:39
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Ernis on 25.04.2012 at 23:04

If they could get Melissa Ferlaak to sing for them, it would be a dream come true.

That would be awesome indeed.

Aesma Daeva > All other symphonic-gothic-whatever bands.
26.04.2012 - 23:05
So excited!!!!!!! and love the song and video just awesome, opposite to what some people think i love all the Epica videos, especially the live shot ones early on they where awesome.

I am in love with Simone and her voice xxxxxx love you, sorry to hear about the departed of Yves Huts, was very awesome part of Epica....

hope you awesome people can join me and the chat room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://awesomemetalbands.com/

Awesome Metal Bands
26.04.2012 - 23:06
Ernis , you are so wrong Simone is a fantastic singer

Awesome Metal Bands
26.04.2012 - 23:20
@@@@Nattens, their music is symphonic and its awesome , if you have nothing better to say then stfu, I am a huge fan off all types of metal from symphonic to death but love Epica.. from their first albums till now just awesome. Their music is symphonic because they use keyboards and violins etc. its very beautiful and metal does not just mean death metal which most people assume because they are ignorant. Beautiful melodies and lyrically genius, stunning vocals from Simone and awesome instrumentals from all of Epica.

Epica is my favorite because of uniqueness, classical elements being symphonic Simone is an awesome singer and I hate people that are FUCKING rude about Epica. don't comment if your going to be rude....

Awesome Metal Bands
26.04.2012 - 23:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by AwesomeMetalBand on 26.04.2012 at 23:20
don't comment if your going to be rude....

Thanks for joining the site to tell others what to do while simultaneously spamming the thread to promote your chat room.

People are allowed to voice their opinions here. This isn't North Korea.
----
26.04.2012 - 23:41
Not spamming im a huge Epica fan, sorry if you consider that spamming
26.04.2012 - 23:44
Apologies if anyone was offended by my comment but "void eater" made me super angry , sure the mods can remove it if they wish....

Hits total: 4415 | This month: 13