07. Tearing Back The Flesh
08. Divine Rite
09. Inializing The Beginning

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 42 users
26.04.2012 - 02:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I wonder if these chainsaw cunts actually released something decent this time around. Will have to look into it when I make some spare time in my spare time.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.04.2012 - 05:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2012 at 02:47

I wonder if these chainsaw cunts actually released something decent this time around. Will have to look into it when I make some spare time in my spare time.

According to one person, that's a no.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.05.2012 - 04:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.04.2012 at 05:53
According to one person, that's a no.

Not that I thoroughly enjoyed their previous output, this album is definitely worse. The production is a bit more heavy and the riffs are more technical, but the jumpy songwriting makes for an annoying experience that feels more disjointed than anything. The -core styled screams detract from the overall brutality and the drumming seems rather simplistic even for slam standards. Sometimes they break into these random technically-driven melodic sections that feel completely out of place and then they jump back into their banal slam assault. A very sloppy album without much direction to be honest. No wonder that other guy gave it such a low rating. 4.5/10.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2012 - 08:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Oh no, not Diminished again...

Ah well, looking at the song titles, it seems that this time, at least not every song is about brutalising women. Though unless they have drastically improved musically from their first two efforts, I fear that may be the only positive thing about the album...
28.05.2012 - 16:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.05.2012 at 08:42
Though unless they have drastically improved musically from their first two efforts, I fear that may be the only positive thing about the album...

To be honest they've improved quite a bit in the technicality department, just not the songwriting department.
----
28.05.2012 - 16:55
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2012 at 16:44
To be honest they've improved quite a bit in the technicality department, just not the songwriting department.

Well, I've never been one to be swayed by technicality for it's own sake, so if the songwriting itself hasn't improved from the first two albums, I don't really have much of an incentive to check this one out...
12.06.2012 - 06:24
Rating: 8
dumbscreenname

I belive this album is very good. If you want the music to sound the same and traditional and don't want songs About "brutalizing" stay away from brutal death grind. If you like grinding brutal death metal then you'll enjoy this band.
12.06.2012 - 07:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by dumbscreenname on 12.06.2012 at 06:24
I belive this album is very good.

While I disagree with your opinion, at least you get bonus points for being the first person to intelligently defend the music. Most of the Diminished fans/band members we've dealt with here have been incredibly immature.
----
13.06.2012 - 09:45
dumbscreenname

Ya its not for everyone but you don't have to get upset with people because they disagree. I like that they mix the melodic with the slam it shows they have multiple sides and keeps them from sounding like Every dime a dozen band I feel they are on to something but just haven't perfected it. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but I noticed your favorite bands are nothing similar to them or the style they are in, so my question is why are you reviewing a style you dislike? I see you are staff and your opinion is valid, but its not like a foot ball analyst can give a fair opinion on figure skating even though they are both sports.
13.06.2012 - 09:48
dumbscreenname

Perhaps dislike is too strong a word. Seemingly have no intrest in, fits better.
13.06.2012 - 10:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.06.2012 at 07:05
While I disagree with your opinion, at least you get bonus points for being the first person to intelligently defend the music. Most of the Diminished fans/band members we've dealt with here have been incredibly immature.

I also disagree. And also disagree with saying if you like brutal grind/death you will automatically like Diminished. (Though I admit I haven't heard this album, though I have listened to the first two and I haven't liked them. There is far better brutal death/grind out there in my opinion.) But I agree with Troy that you are the first person on this site to defend the band and their music with a modicum of maturity. So kudos for that.
13.06.2012 - 12:45
dumbscreenname

I'm not saying this is one of the greatest bands out there I'm more defending that this album is better, than the last. You should listen to it before you comment thus another reason for my defense I could tell only Troy listened to it and every one else has not Troys comment is his opinion everyone else is slander and misleading to music fans until you listen to it. So listen then give your opinion. I'm not trying to make people like this band that's an individual choice but at least give a fair chance. Bands work hard and spend a lot of money.
14.06.2012 - 01:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by dumbscreenname on 13.06.2012 at 12:45
So listen then give your opinion. I'm not trying to make people like this band that's an individual choice but at least give a fair chance. Bands work hard and spend a lot of money.

There are too many bands in the world for everyone to bother listening to what they all sound like, so most of the time people can only assume based on prior material or someone else's opinion whether or not they'll find something about the music to enjoy. In this case, Angelic Storm knows about the band's previous release, she knows the quality of the music, and she knows my opinion holds some more value than someone who may not listen much to this kind of music and all that adds up to giving her the information she needs: that she doesn't need to waste her time.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend this album to anyone unless they're the kind of listener who actively seeks out underground brutal death metal, because this album offers absolutely nothing new or innovative to the genre, nor does it represent what the music is truly capable of at its best.
----
14.06.2012 - 07:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Troy explained the situation regarding me and this album perfectly. lol Thanks.

Generally speaking, I don't really allow others' opinions to influence whether or not I listen to an album. But in this instance, because I had already heard the previous Diminished albums, and Troy saying this one was more or less more of the same except that it's more technical, were good enough reasons for me not to go to the trouble of seeking the album out to listen to it. I had no intention of listening to it anyway before Troy gave me his opinion of it, so he didn't exactly put me off the idea listening to it. He simply reinforced the previous opinion that I already had, which was that it probably wasn't worth my time to check it out.

As Troy said, there's too many bands out there for me to waste my time listening to new material from a band which had already done nothing to impress me. Troy and I don't always see eye to eye opinion wise, but I do respect his opinions, and he does know a thing or two about this genre of metal. So that, coupled with me already being thoroughly unimpressed by the band's previous works was enough for me to remain uninterested in the new material from this band.
29.06.2012 - 06:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by dumbscreenname on 13.06.2012 at 09:45

I'm not trying to insult you or anything but I noticed your favorite bands are nothing similar to them or the style they are in, so my question is why are you reviewing a style you dislike? I see you are staff and your opinion is valid, but its not like a foot ball analyst can give a fair opinion on figure skating even though they are both sports.

Troy is actually quite into BDM and Grind stuff, it may not reflect in his profile too much but check out some of his latest reviews for bands like Putrid Pile, Abominable Putridity and Dying Fetus...

And LOL! you're pretending to be just a fan but you're actually the band's vocalist...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 3725 | This month: 7