Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Premiere New Video

Swedish gothenburg outfit Arch Enemy have released their new video for the Khaos Legions album track "Under Black Flags We March", which has premiered at this location. The video was once again produced by the Swedish director Patric Ullaeus (In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, etc.) and is the first video to feature the new guitarist Nick Cordle (from the US band Arsis) who replaced Chris Amott earlier this year.

Michael Amott commented on the video: "It was a pleasure as always to work with our friend Patric Ullaeus on this video, which will be the fourth clip he's made for us and he really is a consummate professional - truly excellent stuff! He's captured a very suitable and cool vibe on this one too. The track itself, 'Under Black Flags We March', is a song that we've played at every Arch Enemy show since we released the Khaos Legions album last year, we love playing it as it's a change of pace in our frantic live set and it's going down really well with audiences worldwide too. We felt this pounding metal anthem deserved a visual companion, so here it is! A couple of things to listen out for: we had a our new guitarist Nick Cordle throw down a little lick on the song and had audio master Andy Sneap remix the song a little... So, a few minor tweaks here and there to make it something special for this visual/sonic assault! Under Black Flags We March!"

[Also thanks to DEATH666 for sending in this news!]

Source: archenemy.net
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 26.04.2012 by CHEF METAL HEAD

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 228 users
26.04.2012 - 14:57
SSM
Massacred
Ultra-boring; lyrics/concepts, riffs, melodies, vocals, etc.
They made it to Hollywood or something?

I should add: Where does Nick Cordle live? USA or Sweden? (anywhere in between?)
26.04.2012 - 15:44
Scuzzy McDouche

Written by SSM on 26.04.2012 at 14:57

I should add: Where does Nick Cordle live? USA or Sweden? (anywhere in between?)

Sadly, I must agree with you on this. WTF happened to Arch Enemy? They used to be awesome, now they are just......meh.
26.04.2012 - 16:42
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Best damn video they've ever done! Or... was that Nemesis... or Dead Eyes... or We Will Rise..? Ah, who cares. They're all so groundbreaking, unique and empowering. Patric U doesn't deserve to be dismembered piece by piece with rusty instruments and implements until the end of the "21st century", no, not at all
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
26.04.2012 - 16:51
sabotender

So......very......slow...... fills were good yet sparse.
----
Death is but the Beginning.
26.04.2012 - 17:08
Thrashette

Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 26.04.2012 at 15:44

Written by SSM on 26.04.2012 at 14:57

Sadly, I must agree with you on this. WTF happened to Arch Enemy? They used to be awesome, now they are just......meh.

True, I think the band's passed their prime... Or they just lack innovation and fans are getting bored.
On the bright side, at least they're still somewhat enjoyable to listen to.
26.04.2012 - 18:31
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Michael Amott is a godly guitarist- that melody 3min was amazing.

Every time i listen to this song i always think; wait havent i heard this before? The song is way to similar to their previous worxx.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.04.2012 - 18:35
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Syk on 26.04.2012 at 16:42

Best damn video they've ever done! Or... was that Nemesis... or Dead Eyes... or We Will Rise..? Ah, who cares. They're all so groundbreaking, unique and empowering. Patric U doesn't deserve to be dismembered piece by piece with rusty instruments and implements until the end of the "21st century", no, not at all

Groundbreaking? Unique? most of them are very similar and this video just simply showed them playing in a room... I can understand if you like it, but there is nothing groundbreaking about it.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.04.2012 - 18:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AngelofDeth on 26.04.2012 at 18:35
Groundbreaking? Unique? most of them are very similar and this video just simply showed them playing in a room... I can understand if you like it, but there is nothing groundbreaking about it.

Pretty sure sarcasm...

Anyway, this video isn't anything new and the music is even more watered down than usual. Dying band with nowhere to go.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.04.2012 - 20:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
One of the worst songs in the album, which are usually the ones used for singles and videos. Arch Enemy, why do you disappoint me so?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.04.2012 - 20:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The last album was weak, and this song was one of the weakest songs on it. Poor choice of song for the video... Arch Enemy really need to raise their game on their next album to really inspire my interest in them again. I know it's likely too much to ask for another "Burning Bridges" or "Wages Of Sin", but even an album on the level of "Doomsday Machine" would please me after their lacklustre last album...
26.04.2012 - 20:47
ANGEL REAPER

Hell even a another Anthems... or Rise... level album would be a huge step for them noways...i agree i was really disappointed with this effort...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
26.04.2012 - 23:37
theFIST

Wow, i didn"t expect it to be possible to make an already bad song like that even weaker, they managed it
2 albums later they"ll probably be on mainstream radio and won"t sound the slightest bit different
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
27.04.2012 - 02:07
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I haven't heard Khaos yet, and honestly I don't plan to so soon. If the songs that were released on the net so far are the basis of the album, I'll pass. Each minute of this song reminds me of something else that they have created, and not the good stuff...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
27.04.2012 - 04:56
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2012 at 18:47

Pretty sure sarcasm...

Anyway, this video isn't anything new and the music is even more watered down than usual. Dying band with nowhere to go.

haha that went right over my head, Ive just gotten so used to hyper-fanboys it didnt even sound so farfetched..

I agree the band is fading, but it seems as if once you get to a certain level of popularity, it doesnt matter what you put out, people will eat it up.. so i dont see them dying, although if they continue i wish they would die.. not as people, just the band.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
27.04.2012 - 07:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I added this album to my CD collection, now i am regretting it. handful of songs cheer me up in "Khaos Legion".

Well, Amott is the only guy who is holding the strings of AE and rely only on him won't change the dimensions of what AE is getting a hated responses.
27.04.2012 - 08:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AngelofDeth on 27.04.2012 at 04:56
...i dont see them dying, although if they continue i wish they would die.. not as people, just the band.

I just meant their sound. Surely they'll still be able to survive with the fanbase they have but musically they'll likely become the Swedish version of Lamb of God. Sterile and directionless but still releasing new material and making money.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.04.2012 - 09:10
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Gossow is looking mighty Dee Snidery these days

http://www.last.fm/music/Dee+Snider/+images/423027
27.04.2012 - 21:28
TheLostChord

What a bunch of lame masturbatory crap.

Hits total: 3796 | This month: 3