04. Grotesquely Butchered
05. Chainsaw Cunt
06. Raped With A Crucifix
07. Molesting The Decayed
08. A Jar Full Of Vaginas
09. All Is Not Lost
10. Anal Seepage

Ah, Diminished's Chainsaw Cunt.

What a fantastic album. I can't remember the last time when I was so floored by the unquestionable genius of a band's instrumental interplay. It is as if all of the musicians were communicating with each other telepathically to deliver a uniformly spectacular performance that is consistently impressive across every single track on the album. There is absolutely no point in naming highlights here - it is truly all this good. Even more impressive is the fact that there is an enormous depth to the lyrics here - sophisticated philosophical notions have never been expressed this elegantly. That each song is composed in ways that deliberately augment the complex intellectual pathways expressed by the lyrics is just the ultimate testament to the tangible genius of this band and this release.

Pretentiousness is nevertheless completely avoided simply by the fact that this band is just obviously so gifted that music of such enormous artistic value comes naturally to them. Sometimes it is just as easy as being able to tell that someone is born with talent and this is true for every member of Diminished. Great geniuses often find it difficult to work together but this is not the case at all here since obviously everybody had an equal opportunity to add their heart and soul to Chainsaw Cunt.

OK, enough.

Obviously, Chainsaw Cunt is pure shit. Sloppy, stupid grind with a slaughtered pig for vocals. Every song sounds the same and they are all so boring that it's more fun to make stuff up than to describe them. Avoid.

Written on 15.06.2010 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 56 users
28.04.2012 - 03:40
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
So... Much... Sarcasm...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.04.2012 - 11:50
X-Ray Rod