Metal Storm logo
Mortal Sin - Disbanding

Australian thrash metal veterans Mortal Sin have announced that they will be breaking up for the fourth time in their history, following their most recent reformation in 2004. A statement from guitarist Ryan Huthnance reads as follows: "It's time the rumours were laid to rest. Yes, Mortal Sin is finished. Due to changing personal circumstances, as well as priorities, Luke and Nathan have both decided that their time with the band is at an end. This decision was not made lightly, and was not a result of the actions and words made by other parties who would lead you to believe it was."

"The truth is, without passion, conviction, and love for the music you play, being in a band means nothing. While Andy, Dave and myself could easily continue and find new band members, without the core songwriting unit from the last two albums, it wouldn't be Mortal Sin. We're extremely proud of our last album Psychology Of Death, and we've completed the longest and most intense tour of the band's career - the Thrashfest Classics tour. These two milestones are a fitting way to close the 25 year journey that was Mortal Sin."

"On behalf of Mortal Sin, I'd like to thank you - the fans - for staying loyal to a band that's had more ups and downs than any other in Australia. Without you, this journey would have ended long ago. For those who'd like to follow the future musical exploits of this final lineup, Dave's band Nekrofeist are about to release their new album, my band The Seer just released a new single, and Luke will continue playing with his cover bands. We sincerely apologise to those who hoped to see us on the road in the shows we had booked. Thank you, and goodbye."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mortal Sin
Posted: 01.05.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 42 users
01.05.2012 - 17:21
exomorphyx89

WTF! I grew up listening to this fuckin' band; "Face of Despair" was one of the very first metal albums I heard 23 years ago... I love all their stuff (even "Rebellious Youth"). I thought this was going to happen but not so soon... at least they finished their career with the almighty "Psychology of Death" Hope they reunite again in a few months. Great band!
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
01.05.2012 - 17:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Who wants to start a pool for when they'll re-form?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.05.2012 - 18:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
"Dead Man Walking" will surely be missed.
01.05.2012 - 21:18
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.05.2012 at 17:26

Who wants to start a pool for when they'll re-form?

I give it 8 months.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 2376 | This month: 5