Metal Storm logo
Be'lakor - Another New Song Online

Australian melodic death metallers Be'lakor have made another new track available for streaming from their upcoming third album Of Breath And Bone, to be released worldwide on June 1st via Kolony Records and Rockstar Records. "Absit Omen" can be streamed below. The band also announced on their Facebook page that pre-orders for the standard jewel case version of the album or the special edition digipack are now available at the band's official website and via Kolony Records. More album details here.

[Also thanks to DEATH666 for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Be'lakor
Posted: 06.05.2012 by Blizk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   Visited by: 221 users
06.05.2012 - 14:10
Timmeh
Dudeman
So keen, this next month and Ne Obliviscaris tomorrow.
06.05.2012 - 14:37
elseif

Pre-ordered
06.05.2012 - 15:37
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I will not listen to a single song untill the whole album is released! Who's with me?
----
rekt
06.05.2012 - 15:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 15:37

I will not listen to a single song untill the whole album is released! Who's with me?

I am with you. But then again I won't check out the final product either since their music (up to now f course) has been done to death boring melodeath.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.05.2012 - 15:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.05.2012 at 15:41

But then again I won't check out the final product either since their music (up to now f course) has been done to death boring melodeath.

Amen to that.
06.05.2012 - 15:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 15:49

But then again I won't check out the final product either since their music (up to now f course) has been done to death boring melodeath.

Amen to that.

I really don't get why people are swooning all over this band. And wtf? Their 2009 album has the number 1 position for album of the year on MS
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.05.2012 - 15:54
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

Hmmm Marcel, I disagree with you (surprise). I don't have a ton of melodeath in my collection but as for what I do have Be'Lakor are clearly the best.
----
rekt
06.05.2012 - 15:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.05.2012 at 15:51

I really don't get why people are swooning all over this band. And wtf? Their 2009 album has the number 1 position for album of the year on MS

If there's one thing I've learned about the average metalstormer it's that they go apeshit over generic melodeath.
06.05.2012 - 17:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Definitely checking this out tonight, can't wait for the entire thing to be released.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.05.2012 - 17:18
Thrashette

Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 15:54

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.05.2012 at 15:51

If there's one thing I've learned about the average metalstormer it's that they go apeshit over generic melodeath.

That seems to apply to the average metalhead at my school too
Such a shame that most melodeath doesn't really appeal to me...
06.05.2012 - 17:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 06.05.2012 at 17:18

If you go back a few years melodeath was actually worth listening to. These days I don't even bother checking stuff out.
06.05.2012 - 17:34
Thrashette

Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 17:20

Written by Thrashette on 06.05.2012 at 17:18

If you go back a few years melodeath was actually worth listening to. These days I don't even bother checking stuff out.

Oh, I will admit that a lot of it is very good. It's just not really my thing. If I want to hear something melodic, I'd sooner listen to some sort heavy, power, or gothic metal than melodeath...
06.05.2012 - 18:41
Arcticus

I am with you. But then again I won't check out the final product either since their music (up to now f course) has been done to death boring melodeath.

I think that you should be the one with the name 'Killjoy'
06.05.2012 - 20:23
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 17:20

Of course. ALL genre's become over-saturated. It's finding the needle in the haystack that makes it fun, and Be'Lakor was a needle at one point so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Even your vaunted drone/noise/experimental genre will get depleted by too many bands.
----
rekt
06.05.2012 - 20:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 20:23

Of course. ALL genre's become over-saturated. It's finding the needle in the haystack that makes it fun, and Be'Lakor was a needle at one point so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Even your vaunted drone/noise/experimental genre will get depleted by too many bands.

Just finding bands that play drone is hard enough, let alone finding good ones. I seriously doubt it'll ever get depleted.

Number of Metal Archives bands of each genre:

Drone: 262
Melodic Death Metal: 4,562 (and the vast majority of those probably terrible)

Finding good melodeath bands is a waste of time if you ask me.
06.05.2012 - 20:30
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 20:28

Just I seriously doubt it'll ever get depleted.

The same thing was said about post-rock/metal
Now look at it...
----
rekt
06.05.2012 - 20:31
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 20:28

That's why you stumble on them by accident. Be'lakor was like that when I discovered them.
06.05.2012 - 20:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 20:30

The same thing was said about post-rock/metal
Now look at it...

Post-rock being combined with metal is a dead end that's already reached the end of its life if you ask me. Waves and waves of boring atmospheric black metal is all we seem to get.
06.05.2012 - 20:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Risto on 06.05.2012 at 20:31

That's why you stumble on them by accident. Be'lakor was like that when I discovered them.

Barren Earth is the only example I can think of in recent times that applies to myself.
06.05.2012 - 21:54
AberrantBeing

Personally i love melodic death metal.. but most bands that claim that genre title lack the death metal aspect. i like this band quite a bit but its too bad they don't have large solo sections..

on a side note i am very pleased with the new Allegaeon album!!
07.05.2012 - 01:52
Paz

Not bad song. Be'lakor is one of the very few current "boring melodeath" bands which flies around my stick. Waiting for the whole album.

PS. "Someone likes cucumbers while another gardener's daughters" - the old Polish proverb.
07.05.2012 - 02:10
SMAX

This is going to be one of the best albums of the year guaranteed.
07.05.2012 - 03:47
marzepka87

Quote:

You hit the nail on the head brother... melodeath is a tough genre to get into(especially now), the only bands that I truly enjoy when it comes to melodeath are Gates of Ishtar, Dissection(mainly "Storm of the Light's Bane", "The Somberlain"), and Suidakra(their albums tend to have nice folk feel, and that's prolly why I like 'em)... other than that I've been listening to melodeath less and less.
07.05.2012 - 04:38
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.05.2012 at 20:33

Barren Earth is the only example I can think of in recent times that applies to myself.

Too bad Barren Earth is just rehash of the last 20 years of metal. *snooze*
07.05.2012 - 04:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.05.2012 at 04:38

Too bad Barren Earth is just rehash of the last 20 years of metal. *snooze*

Its influences go way further back than that. I'd like to hear these rehash bands that combine melodeath with progressive and psychedelic music of the 70s? They certainly don't sound like Opeth to me. And they aren't just straight up ripping off Amorphis like Insomnium et al. Now there's a truly redundant band that was stale before it even got off the ground.
07.05.2012 - 05:21
R'Vannith
ghedengi
I have to say, this is a nice track. With all the talk of this band being 'generic', melodeath isn't something known for its tendency to stray too far from its boundaries. When I look for what makes this standout above other examples of the genre that's definitely not what I seek first. This is much better than a vast majority of bands from this genre that you'll come across. Their renown is surely an indication of that, and not just some unwarranted love by die hard fans of an overdone form of metal.
Though I might be getting on my high horse because they're Australian. They are probably the best we have down here, and one of the most well known of Aussie bands to boot..
07.05.2012 - 11:09
Paz

Excuse me, but stop all this bullshit. Golden era of MDM is over as well as thrash, we have to deal with it and move on.

PS. "Life is too short to safely remove a USB device" - another Polish proverb.
07.05.2012 - 17:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I like it so far. They always manage to make a great and unique atmosphere. Really looking forward to it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
07.05.2012 - 20:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Paz on 07.05.2012 at 11:09

Excuse me, but stop all this bullshit. Golden era of MDM is over as well as thrash,

PS. "Life is too short to safely remove a USB device" - another Polish proverb.

Well, CoB certainly killed the MOB scene and honestly they didn't leave any stone upturned to nailed it. Thrash is over? What about Overkill, Slayer, Vektor,Warbringer,Havok, and bah bah many more. Now don't start over the 80's era discussion comparing with the recent Thrash scene because that makes the whole scene out boring and pointless.

"Life...USB...Device" is seriously for close minded drabs who gets defeated from losing their life at every small point of time. Live a minute like you never did Mr "stupid polish proverb".Have fun.
07.05.2012 - 20:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
CoB have nothign to do with melodic death metal at all. Once again, they play power metal with extreme vocals, nothing MDM about them
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 4733 | This month: 10