06. Purification By Fire
07. Death Walking Terror
08. Barbaric Bludgeonings
09. The Discipline Of Revenge
10. Brain Removal Device
11. Maniacal
12. Submerged In Boiling Flesh
13. Infinite Misery

Disc II [Hammer Smashed Laiterie - limited edition DVD: Live In Strasbourg 2004]
01. Opening
02. Shredded Humans
03. Puncture Wound Massacre
04. Fucked With A Knife
05. Stripped, Raped And Strangled
06. Decency Defied
07. Vomit The Soul
08. Unleashing The Bloodthirsty
09. Pounded Into Dust
10. The Cryptic Stench
11. They Deserve To Die
12. Dormant Bodies Bursting
13. Gallery Of Suicide
14. Pit Of Zombies
15. The Wretched Spawn
16. Devoured By Vermin
17. A Skull Full Of Maggots
18. Hammer Smashed Face

Before I write anything about this album I have to explain some things; I used to be a huge CC fanatic, "Tomb Of The Mutilated" and "The Bleeding" were both albums that I used to play daily and all. Then Corpsegrinder arrived and I said "fuck this is boring", I never found myself digging neither Fisher's voice, nor the material that CC released after "Vile" as for me they were just recycling their riffs and their music.

"Kill" arrived this year; my enthusiasm for hearing this album was totally bland, at the time I thought "meh, I prefer being kicked in the nuts than hearing a CC album again". But for peripheral circumstances I found myself hearing "Kill" and actually liking it, it was odd indeed, so I gave the album a shot and my thoughts about this band changed a little bit.

This album it's not as good as "The Bleeding" at all, it doesn't even get near to their early works. "Kill" it's just a useful item for the metal-heads to say "ok, we're listening", now it's time for CC to exploit what they accomplished and give us an outstanding return in the future. I could write a huge review about the music and about the songs played in this album, but it would be useless as even the guys who hear Slipknot and Nightwish know how this band sounds believe me.

So I'll just say that "Kill" is a fairly good album, I'll still be waiting for the "The Bleeding" follow-up though, at least this one it's the nearest attempt at being as great as they used to be. Don't be so picky now, give this album a try and enjoy what these guys made for us, maybe this is not what everyone expected, but it's surely better than "The Wretched Spawn" and all those sucky post-barnes discs they released.

Best Tracks: "The Time to Kill is Now", "Barbaric Bludgeonings", "Infinite Misery"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 06.11.2006

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 63   Visited by: 312 users
22.11.2006 - 17:54
Baz Anderson

i know you have your own musical tastes, but the thing that annoys me about you is that you cannot seem to appreciate and respect that we like this band, and that we think they are talented musicians

why did you feel the need to come into here and call this band 'retarded' and 'talentless' and everything else - when it is clear a lot of people like them and that you would annoy and provoke those people..

if you did come in here with the intention of trying to find out why people like the band - i think it is clear by your persistant insulting to the band, that you are probably never going to compromise and understand why we do like them
so please just appreciate that a lot of people do like them (that also like other styles of music) and leave it at that
22.11.2006 - 19:19
Basso
Account deleted
@ Heartbreaker:
"""And why the heck would another DM fan try to be cool infront of another DM fan"

I'm not really a "death metal" fan. I'm a music fan. I like some death metal bands. I like suomi bands. i like some pop bands. i like roch bands. I like orchestral music. I like my cat. I like my girlfriends.
You get my point? Not a death metal fan... unless it's actually good. ""

Well I also like orrchestral music
I also happen to like my cats
I like some death metal bands,
I hate soumi bands
I hate pop
I dont like most rock bands, few exceptions.

Yeah, so what? is basicly what you are thinking when reading my silly list. Ofcourse you dont care what the heck I like.

It is the same for me, I could care less what you like mate, but do I go to your artists and rant like crazy about how they suck? How totally worthless their musichanship is because they dont write lyrics I like, or how their melodies are totally uninspired in my ears?

Answer if you didnt already knew : NO

Why? Because even if I dont like thoose bands or whatever, I still respect them. And respect is something you very much so lack mate.

Open your mind man its you that need to wake up and realize that music exist in other forms than thoose you happen to like.

By the way: You dont have to like every single band within a genre to call yourself a fan of the genre, there is always good / bad / avrage bands and so on in all genres.

Have a good day.
23.11.2006 - 07:09
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
"i know you have your own musical tastes, but the thing that annoys me about you is that you cannot seem to appreciate and respect that we like this band, and that we think they are talented musicians "

Actually stirring up trouble here wasn't really my intent.
Granted, I did do a good bit of CC bashing on here... but my original comment was just to bring up the point that it's confusing to me that a band that lacks virtually any good music at all is so well known and popular. It truly does baffle me. Moreso than any other band. Sure i hate most rap and most pop music... but i can see how some people with certain tastes might actually like it.
But CC... still confuses the hell out of me. There have got to be at least 500 bands out there making the exact same music (there, i called it music, happy?)... i question what on earth made a record company want to pick up these guys.
"Oh man... they've got songs about licking the worm infested asshole of a zombie before raping her rotting cunt and squirting bloody semen into her moldy mouth... f***ing genius's!" <Maybe it went something like that?

@ Basso... the point of my list was to do exactly what it did... make you not care. That's the point. The point is that I like a lot of things... liking a band like Norther doens't make me a DM, as you suggested. That's all.
23.11.2006 - 08:15
Herzebeth

Quote:
If you think they're "poseurs" (i think you meant poser* Einstein)

YOU ARE FUN-Y .... don't go writing "I think you meant funny* Copernicus" this time.

and songs about rotting cunts and bloody semen are way cool...you anti-necrophilia poseur...
----
24.11.2006 - 05:28
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
if by way cool you mean meaningless, uninspired crap that anybody 8 or older could also write... then yes... yes it is. I prefer bands that write songs b/c they are naturally talented at doing so and writing lyrics... not bands that do what any other person could do. If you think for a second that the average person couldn't write lyrics as good as CC's, think again
24.11.2006 - 06:00
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah...ok...we get it, you don't like them. Cool. It's getting old dude.
25.11.2006 - 11:39
Rating: 3
lordz
IzZo
I cant believe you guys are still arguing with a dude that calls him self Mr.Heartbreaker.... he wont listen to CC so what... another non Deathmetal head not listening to Death metal... just ignore him!!!

and @Mr.Heartbreaker.... go to a pop form ... start an "I hate CC" thread... I bet you'll find alot of people that would agree with you there
26.11.2006 - 06:38
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
Written by lordz on 25.11.2006 at 11:39

I cant believe you guys are still arguing with a dude that calls him self Mr.Heartbreaker.... he wont listen to CC so what... another non Deathmetal head not listening to Death metal... just ignore him!!!

and @Mr.Heartbreaker.... go to a pop form ... start an "I hate CC" thread... I bet you'll find alot of people that would agree with you there

so i am a pop fan now b/c I don't listen to shit, eh?
well i guess there are bands i listen to that could be considered partly pop... but perhaps not the kind you're thinking of.
There ARE good kinds of pop, you know.
But some of it sucks.
Same goes for any genre.
For instance... there IS good death metal... but Cannibal Corpse? Their tunes are about as lame as their band name. A band named Mr Heartbreaker would be cooler. And that's pretty pathetic. Almost as pathetic as what you probably call music, sweetcakes

and herz... listen I realize that you live on a computer and all whenever you're not banging your head to useless noise... but please, spare me the e-nerd terms...
26.11.2006 - 06:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I typed a long post making fun of you, but deleted it because I realized your post did it for me.
16.12.2006 - 07:03
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I love this album. I believe this album is their best to date. It is a great leap forward from their previous works.

@Mr Heartbreaker: Please spare your senseless band-bashing. If you have nothing nice to say about the band, don't say anything at all.
22.01.2007 - 19:22
aborted10
Account deleted
i have al cd's of cannibal corpse i love cannibal corpse this album is coel but tomp of the multimaded is the best:banger2:
31.01.2007 - 12:28
Rating: 8
lenesu

Mr Heartbreaker - yes that is music. that is the underground of extreme metal. Brutal death is like mainstream music. It's not for those that trully believe in what they do. All this "brutality" ideals are fake. Noone believes in cannibalism, satanism or whatever. Those who do are retarded. I once saw a concert of suffocation where their leader said "this is a show about killing people" and as I suppose noone of them isnt even close to knowing what is killing. But I dond blame them for that.Brutal death is just the music put put on load volume and to kick the shit out of you. And we have to thank CC for delivering that.
Of course if you are more into music, you will listen to bands that are really artists. band that put all their souls in their music.
31.01.2007 - 13:07
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
good review, "Necrosadistic warning" is also a great one.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
31.01.2007 - 17:37
Herzebeth

Written by lenesu on 31.01.2007 at 12:28

Of course if you are more into music, you will listen to bands that are really artists. band that put all their souls in their music.

I still think Cannibal Corpse (and most of their fellow death metallers) are REAL ARTISTS, and that they put their souls in their music...that's just meI guess
----
01.02.2007 - 12:33
lenesu

Written by Herzebeth on 31.01.2007 at 17:37

I still think Cannibal Corpse (and most of their fellow death metallers) are REAL ARTISTS, and that they put their souls in their music...that's just meI guess

You are right in your way. You cant say that CC is a comercial band, that it playes for money. They have their own vision of metal and it's the fans right to share it or not.
I'm talking about cultural experiences that music can give you as an art. About strong ideal that will guide you in life.
01.02.2007 - 20:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
04.02.2007 - 17:11
Slaytanic Jess
Account deleted
shitty review, wretched spawn is much better than kill
05.02.2007 - 02:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 04.02.2007 at 17:11

The Wretched Spawn is one of the worst albums I've heard in my life.
14.04.2007 - 08:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Agreed....well the part about 'The Wretched Spawn' being better. altogether not a terrible review.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.04.2007 - 05:52
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 14.04.2007 at 08:41

Agreed....well the part about 'The Wretched Spawn' being better. altogether not a terrible review.

The album deserves a better review and im sure u should've heard Kill with a different perspective, just because you hate Corpsegrinder's vocals doesnt mean u should have made a notion for everything they'll ever release, I absolutely love his vocals and i think he's probably the best vocalist around now and their music in my opinion has also matured and song writing's improved majorly ( Make Them Suffer \\m// )
15.04.2007 - 07:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 15.04.2007 at 05:52

The album deserves a better review and im sure u should've heard Kill with a different perspective, just because you hate Corpsegrinder's vocals doesnt mean u should have made a notion for everything they'll ever release, I absolutely love his vocals and i think he's probably the best vocalist around now and their music in my opinion has also matured and song writing's improved majorly ( Make Them Suffer \\m// )

I never said I didnt like Corpsegrinder...I like him better than Barnes, and he was the vocalist on Wretched spawn
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.10.2007 - 20:26
SheWarlock
Account deleted
That album renews my power with "Make Them Suffer"
It's just bad ass
07.12.2007 - 19:54
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
An average death metal album, recognizable Cannibal Corpse.
Still nothing revolutionary . . .
08.01.2008 - 07:18
Nyxgrinder

Written by Guest on 07.12.2007 at 19:54

Still nothing revolutionary . .

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Cannibal Corpse is a band who isn't trendy or trying to get emo fans, if they would have wanted to be revolutionary they should have made St kill, Load kill, or re kill ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
if you recall 'em is cause the yhave STYLE kid:banger:
08.01.2008 - 15:00
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by Nyxgrinder on 08.01.2008 at 07:18

Written by Guest on 07.12.2007 at 19:54

Still nothing revolutionary . .

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Cannibal Corpse is a band who isn't trendy or trying to get emo fans, if they would have wanted to be revolutionary they should have made St kill, Load kill, or re kill ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
if you recall 'em is cause the yhave STYLE kid:banger:

Yes, they got style alright and their credibilty is sky high. I don't mean to insult here any fans or the band itself, but I think atleast today their music isn't "nothing special", thanks to all clones of CC. I haven't never got into the brand of death metal that Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation and other bands started in the beginning of the 90's, atleast yet. Only few of this brand's current members have some original elements and don't get repetitive.
13.09.2008 - 03:21
Insects Of Death
Account deleted

im not the biggest CC fan but kill is to me there best album i love almost all the tracks expecially make them suffer.
12.11.2008 - 12:31
Rating: 7
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

yeah i cant find anything redeeming about it. even when i consider it's a Cannibal Corpse album.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.11.2008 - 07:40
fleshclad
Account deleted
KILL is a terrible album. and i'm a huge CC fan.

if mr. heartbreaker is judging CC by KILL, then i can understand largely why he is mystified to their popularity. altho it sounds like much of Mr. Heartbreaker's feelings are mixed up into the irrelevence of lyrical content. go read some books if you're looking for literary content. don't expect it from MUSICIANS.
heartbreaker, if there is any hope for you to recognize CC's talent listen to the song Centuries Of Torment.
i suspect you would hate them no matter how talented they are because you like a shitty band like Norther (CoB has some good parts/songs at least), and are too caught up in lyrics (meanwhile your favorite bands probably have laughable lyrics, as i know for a fact CoB does)

i should point out that there are PLENTY of things that are hugely popular and largely talentless. since some people here don't seem to know that.

pretty much every CC album has had a song or 3 that is too simple and repetitious, but that's almost every song on KILL. probably their worsst album. Vile being the 2nd worst album, but at least VILE had 2 or 3 decent songs on it.

Wretched Spawn and almost every other album totally destroys KILL,

anyone who is not a CC fan, but thinks KILL is a listenable improvement just shows that they couldn't appreciate the CC's musical artistry, and want SIMPLETON music
01.02.2009 - 16:45
cez123
Account deleted
I have to say that i like more the old CC with barnes and corpse grinder had to do a lot to take over barnes work . and i must say he didn't do a great job neither a bad one , mediocre. And Kill is a letdown but i'm optimistic that in the future they will make an album not with just a few good songs but a whole album
18.04.2009 - 15:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Great review, said everything.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 13620 | This month: 22