Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride

Original post

Posted by Detric, 18.05.2006 - 22:35
What do you guys think of these guys? I had a hard time getting into them, but I finally gave them a chance, and I thought they were pretty good. So I went out and bought Turn Loose The Swans and Like Gods Of The Sun, both amazing doom albums, one of the best ive ever heard. Which album(s) should I buy next? And are there any albums I should just avoid? Thanks alot.
07.10.2008 - 10:38
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Sick Girl on 06.10.2008 at 23:32

Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 10:35

Written by Sick Girl on 06.10.2008 at 02:09

Written by Guest on 04.10.2008 at 20:46

Written by Sick Girl on 29.09.2008 at 23:49

OMG. I love "For My Fallen Angel" like no other. Amazing lyrics, pretty but heartbreaking music...Mmmm

The lyrics of For My Fallen Angel (and Black God as well) are actually poems, by who sadly i don't remember, a Brazilian guy in here (Sleep In Sorrow) told me that once.

I figured since the the words are read instead of sang. I remember this much. And I don't know if it's exactly correct.

As I draw up my breath and silver fills my eyes
I'd kiss her still, for she will never rise
On my [something] body, lays her dieing hand
Through the meadows of heaven [something]

On my *weak* body, lays her *dying* hand
Through *those* meadows of heaven *where we ran*

be careful Mighty Aaron is dangrously in love with Cheeks in heaven or hell lol
did u ever read interviews about him? take a look and see whats his favorite thing to do!!!

haha is it going to entertain me and make me giggle?

Havung sex is his Favorite thing to do with Doom metal maybe ROFL. we had to discuss this at *having sex while listening to metal* thread but anyway!
10.10.2008 - 18:12
Sick Girl

Written by Guest on 07.10.2008 at 10:38

Written by Sick Girl on 06.10.2008 at 23:32

Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 10:35

Written by Sick Girl on 06.10.2008 at 02:09

Written by Guest on 04.10.2008 at 20:46

Written by Sick Girl on 29.09.2008 at 23:49

OMG. I love "For My Fallen Angel" like no other. Amazing lyrics, pretty but heartbreaking music...Mmmm

The lyrics of For My Fallen Angel (and Black God as well) are actually poems, by who sadly i don't remember, a Brazilian guy in here (Sleep In Sorrow) told me that once.

I figured since the the words are read instead of sang. I remember this much. And I don't know if it's exactly correct.

On my [something] body, lays her dieing hand
Through the meadows of heaven [something]

On my *weak* body, lays her *dying* hand
Through *those* meadows of heaven *where we ran*

be careful Mighty Aaron is dangrously in love with Cheeks in heaven or hell lol
did u ever read interviews about him? take a look and see whats his favorite thing to do!!!

haha is it going to entertain me and make me giggle?

Havung sex is his Favorite thing to do with Doom metal maybe ROFL. we had to discuss this at *having sex while listening to metal* thread but anyway!

Haha. That does sound like pretty fun thing to do.
26.10.2008 - 03:25
VPeter

Written by Dangerboner on 26.10.2008 at 03:34

Which one of their albums has the most clean vocals? I only have Songs of Darkness, Words of Light and sometimes I like it, while other times I think it's ok, depending on my mood. I like the singing as long as it's not too whiny.

try "The Angel and The Dark River" it has a rougher production but is less whiny and is probably their best most "clean" album.

EDIT: got my com is getting more crap with the day.
26.10.2008 - 03:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Which one of their albums has the most clean vocals? I only have Songs of Darkness, Words of Light and sometimes I like it, while other times I think it's ok, depending on my mood. I like the singing as long as it's not too whiny.
26.10.2008 - 12:28
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

try "The Dreadful Hours" 2001, and yes "Turn Loose The Swans" MCMXC III !
01.11.2008 - 05:27
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 26.10.2008 at 12:28

try "The Dreadful Hours" 2001, and yes "Turn Loose The Swans" MCMXC III !

I second The Dreadful Hours. Its got a great balance of both growls and the singing isn't that whiny. The album with the most clean singing is The Angel, and the Dark River. I just got it though and find it kind of hard to get into
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 08:21
Jason W.
Razorbliss
"The Dreadful Hours" has one of the catchiest MDB riffs I think, in the song "The Raven & The Rose." It's hard to say what CD has the most whiny vocals, because being whiny is a little too subjective...

Personally, what got me into the band was "Like Gods Of The Sun," and I still find it to be one of their best. It has by far the cleanest production of any MDB album, and was the natural progression from "The Angel And the Dark River" released the year before. Lots of clean vocals, and dark romance lyrics in many of the songs.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
04.11.2008 - 09:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 03.11.2008 at 08:21

"The Dreadful Hours" has one of the catchiest MDB riffs I think, in the song "The Raven & The Rose." It's hard to say what CD has the most whiny vocals, because being whiny is a little too subjective...

About riffs I say its ''For You'' that riff and song is great , its my fav song musicaly from band, lyricaly its be My Wine in Silance
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.11.2008 - 10:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 04.11.2008 at 09:43

About riffs I say its ''For You'' that riff and song is great , its my fav song musicaly from band, lyricaly its be My Wine in Silance

My Wine in Silence is really emotional man. nice choice !
05.11.2008 - 10:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 05.11.2008 at 10:33

I know its like drinking wine, enjoy silance and in same time your bride commit suicide in batroom and you dont care, because you drink wine thats what I thought when I saw vidoe first time
----

apos;'
[image]
05.11.2008 - 10:38
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 05.11.2008 at 10:35

Written by Guest on 05.11.2008 at 10:33

I know its like drinking wine, enjoy silance and in same time your bride commit suicide in batroom and you dont care, because you drink wine thats what I thought when I saw vidoe first time

ROFL, the video is Directed and Produced by a fan as I know.
09.02.2009 - 07:21
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Whoa. I didn't realize how soon For Lies I Sire comes out (March) I'm very interested in this release and how they will sound with a violinists again
----
Coldgrits
24.02.2009 - 00:39
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
A new "microsite" for their upcoming album, "For Lies I Sire", can be accessed at this location.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
24.02.2009 - 00:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by SlaytallicA on 24.02.2009 at 00:39

A new "microsite" for their upcoming album, "For Lies I Sire", can be accessed at this location.

And again toitally crap and worse than anything on their previous album which was already a crapfest extraordinaire
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.02.2009 - 01:26
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.02.2009 at 00:52

And again toitally crap and worse than anything on their previous album which was already a crapfest extraordinaire

yep they are definitely losing what they had if they haven't lost it already. They need to go on break or stop. The newest albums are ruining them.... for me at least
----
Coldgrits
24.02.2009 - 17:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

I have to agree... And I'm a fan of the band.
But they really fucked it up with the last one... and the samples I heard sounds as bad if not worse.

I want the old days back.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.02.2009 - 22:37
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.02.2009 at 17:06

I have to agree... And I'm a fan of the band.
But they really fucked it up with the last one... and the samples I heard sounds as bad if not worse.

I want the old days back.

For me "The Dreadful Hours" was the last half decent album they did, everything since then has just gone downhill. A band's sound can evolve over the years which i've no problem with, however some of the stuff they are churning out is formulaic, bland and boring and could be done by countless other mediocre doom bands.
----
This is an outrage...
24.02.2009 - 23:09
VPeter

Despite rarely agreeing with Marcel, I have to this time. That song that is for download sounds very bland and identical to any other songs from the previous modern albums they did - only worse.
24.02.2009 - 23:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 24.02.2009 at 23:09

Despite rarely agreeing with Marcel, I have to this time. That song that is for download sounds very bland and identical to any other songs from the previous modern albums they did - only worse.

Help, don't ecver agree with me again,
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.02.2009 - 01:47
VPeter

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.02.2009 at 23:15

Written by VPeter on 24.02.2009 at 23:09

Help, don't ecver agree with me again,

Don't worry we will probably bitch a lot again this year there will be a new Primordial album this year for sure and ofcourse it will be just as crap as "To The Nameless Dead" so I can bitch about that and there will be a new Summoning album and Mortiis album this year to so you can bitch about that.
25.02.2009 - 20:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Tony Harrison on 24.02.2009 at 22:37

For me "The Dreadful Hours" was the last half decent album they did, everything since then has just gone downhill. A band's sound can evolve over the years which i've no problem with, however some of the stuff they are churning out is formulaic, bland and boring and could be done by countless other mediocre doom bands.

We almost agree then... Since I found that Songs of darkness wasthe last good album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.02.2009 - 22:21
Dest

Songs of Darkness wasn't all that bad, but I still agree they made far better albums in the 'old' days.

I'm probably gonna order For Lies I Sire anyway, for the package deal they currently have. I just hope they have some good songs on it.
23.03.2009 - 17:11
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Songs of Darkness was a nice album, but Unfortunately new album doesnt deserve to buy, first I decided to buy it then I thought that its better to buy some old stuff! but one day I'll buy it cause of artworks of cd! I mean papers!
06.04.2009 - 06:29
DarkMistress

Well, i really like this band, though a line of deathless kings was eemm, how to say it, it didn´t fulfill the expectatives, about other albums, Songs of darkness has SEar me, and it´s a gorgeous song i think that one would make it worth it

and for lies i sire, i think that the "coming-back" of the violin could take some of the old My Dying Bride back
----
Wait in fire
06.04.2009 - 10:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by DarkMistress on 06.04.2009 at 06:29

Well, i really like this band, though a line of deathless kings was eemm, how to say it, it didn´t fulfill the expectatives, about other albums, Songs of darkness has SEar me, and it´s a gorgeous song i think that one would make it worth it

and for lies i sire, i think that the "coming-back" of the violin could take some of the old My Dying Bride back

I like A Line of Deathless Kings too, but this new album is so slow, a little boring after listen to it over and over again. but I cant say that its a worthless album.
06.04.2009 - 22:35
DarkMistress

Written by Guest on 06.04.2009 at 10:01

Written by DarkMistress on 06.04.2009 at 06:29

I like A Line of Deathless Kings too, but this new album is so slow, a little boring after listen to it over and over again. but I cant say that its a worthless album.

Perhaps you´re right, but there were some songs that i really liked liked, not like the old stuff, but nice to listen
----
Wait in fire
06.04.2009 - 23:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
Don't know their other works but the last album was really mediocre. Talking about doom Isole and Candlemass are way better.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.04.2009 - 07:11
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 06.04.2009 at 23:05

Don't know their other works but the last album was really mediocre. Talking about doom Isole and Candlemass are way better.

try "The Angel and the Dark River" album, its a nice album. their new album is their slowest album.
07.04.2009 - 10:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 07.04.2009 at 07:11

Written by Elio on 06.04.2009 at 23:05

try "The Angel and the Dark River" album, its a nice album. their new album is their slowest album.

It isnt so bad how % album

Elio if you ddint like it you wont like older its more death/doom closser to death merl, early sound of death/doom like old Pradise Lost
----

apos;'
[image]
31.05.2011 - 20:17
Tetravirulence

Get high and listen to Turn Loose The Swan, you will get buried
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)