Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani - Reveal New Album Details

Official press release:

Finnish traditional folk metal pioneers Korpiklaani reveal first details on their upcoming 8th studio record that at the same time will be their 4th release via Nuclear Blast Records! The record will be entitled Manala and is scheduled for a release on the 3rd of August 2012.

Main man Jonne Järvelä explains the album title for us: "'Manala' is the realm of the dead - the underworld in Finnish mythology. Tuonela, Tuoni, Manala and Mana are used synonymously. This place is best known for its appearance in the Finnish national epic Kalevala, on which many of our new songs are based. In the 16th poem of Kalevala, Väinämöinen, a shamanistic hero travels to Manala to seek for knowledge about the dead. On the journey he meets the ferrywoman (similar to Charon), a girl, Tuonen tytti, or Tuonen piika (Death's maid), who takes him across the river of Tuoni. However, on the isle of Tuoni he is not given the spells he was originally looking for and he barely manages to escape the place. After his return he curses anyone trying to enter the place alive."

For those of you who are now afraid of not being able to understand the mystical Finnish lyrics on the album - don't worry: Manala will come to you with a bonus CD, including the whole album with English lyrics!

Stay tuned for further information! In the meantime, and also in case you haven't heard of it already check out the song "Metsälle" that offers you a foretaste of the new compositions below.

Source: korpiklaani.com
Band profile: Korpiklaani
Posted: 10.05.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 120 users
10.05.2012 - 21:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
O yeah somehow wiki explains same how Jorne Järvelä

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuonela
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.05.2012 - 21:31
Risto
Wandering Midget
Haha, nice one Jonne
10.05.2012 - 22:05
theFIST
That doesn"t sound summer at all, they should release it 3 months later
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
11.05.2012 - 02:38
Stabby
Account deleted
Sounding good and old-timey! I was hoping for a tracklist, I want to see if they're going to have another song about an alcoholic beverage. Gin? Whiskey? Absinthe?! Absinthe seems like a very Korpiklaani drink.
11.05.2012 - 14:48
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Guest on 11.05.2012 at 02:38

Sounding good and old-timey! I was hoping for a tracklist, I want to see if they're going to have another song about an alcoholic beverage. Gin? Whiskey? Absinthe?! Absinthe seems like a very Korpiklaani drink.

LOL

I agree with you, man. The song is actually pretty nice but what about some new beverage-related one?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
15.05.2012 - 08:46
Symmachus
Hmm, they will have an album based off of Finnish mythology. That's pretty cool.

Hits total: 2934 | This month: 9