Metal Storm logo
Evoken - Reveal New Album Details

US funeral doom metal band Evoken has revealed the title and release date for their upcoming new album. The band posted the following on their Facebook page: "The new album Atra Mors is now set for release July 31, 2012 via Profound Lore. We'll be playing one new song from the album this Saturday. Plans to tour in support of the new album will be addressed quite soon stay tuned and doomed."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Evoken
Posted: 12.05.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 56 users
12.05.2012 - 17:22
Deinonychus

The Unechoing Dread, new song played live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FTY2QzygI
12.05.2012 - 19:51
InnerSelf
proofread free
The song sounds awesome. Just like Esoteric, Evoken are a band that never disappoints
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
13.05.2012 - 02:35
Opethian

Amazing! This will be Grand
15.05.2012 - 13:16
Daniell
_爱情_
I know that the word "grim" is reserved for black metal but if I were to pick one band whose music is really grim, it'd be Evoken. I don't think any other band that I know creates such an atmosphere. I hope the new album will be as good as "Quietus" or "Antithesis of Light".
15.05.2012 - 13:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 15.05.2012 at 13:16

I know that the word "grim" is reserved for black metal but if I were to pick one band whose music is really grim, it'd be Evoken. I don't think any other band that I know creates such an atmosphere. I hope the new album will be as good as "Quietus" or "Antithesis of Light".

Evoken grim? Hell no. Nothing grim about their music at all. Wormphlegm would be grim.
15.05.2012 - 13:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 15.05.2012 at 13:18

Written by Daniell on 15.05.2012 at 13:16

Evoken grim? Hell no. Nothing grim about their music at all. Wormphlegm would be grim.

Couln't agree more with you.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.05.2012 - 13:27
Daniell
_爱情_
English vocabulary again Wormphlegm is sinister to me, Evoken is grim
Screw atmosphere, as long as the music is good, which is the case with both Wormphlegm and Evoken!

Hits total: 2447 | This month: 3