Metal Storm logo
Turisas

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 07.11.2006 - 22:27
I found 4 topics about this great band, but none to discuss about them

Recently I got their album "Battle Metal" and wow!! what a great music!! I really liked it, the concept is really interesting, perfect atmosphere, great instrumentation.
Why do you think about them?
04.03.2011 - 09:07
Gurth Bennas

Wow, I just got "Stand up and fight" album 3 days ago. it's great, a beautiful symphonic battle folk metal album!! there are a few albums that I like every track of it, and this album is one of them. it's really more interesting than the other albums of Turisas.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
04.03.2011 - 10:16
tacosaretasty

Written by Gurth Bennas on 04.03.2011 at 09:07

Wow, I just got "Stand up and fight" album 3 days ago. it's great, a beautiful symphonic battle folk metal album!! there are a few albums that I like every track of it, and this album is one of them. it's really more interesting than the other albums of Turisas.

I agree, its a little different but like you said more interesting than some of their other albums.
17.08.2011 - 02:36
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
I've heard their cover of Rasputin and I think it's very great.
P.S. The whole band looks like Hellboy.
03.12.2011 - 02:03
Perculees

I first heard Turisas live supporting Dragonforce and I had never even heard of them before. They blew my mind, I went from standing at the back with a drink to right at the front and even though i didn't know a single song it was one of the best live shows i have ever seen, and when they did fuck the guitar solo i was hooked. I love how their songs work as stand alones yet the Varangian way and Stand up and fight tell a story, i love stories!
03.12.2011 - 15:47
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Perculees on 03.12.2011 at 02:03

I first heard Turisas live supporting Dragonforce and I had never even heard of them before. They blew my mind, I went from standing at the back with a drink to right at the front and even though i didn't know a single song it was one of the best live shows i have ever seen, and when they did fuck the guitar solo i was hooked. I love how their songs work as stand alones yet the Varangian way and Stand up and fight tell a story, i love stories!

That's awesome! How amazing to have heard them for the first time AT a show! I've only seen them live once but it was absolutely the best concert I've ever attended. I was already a fan of them but I can only imagine how magical it would have been had I been discovering them, too.

Damn. Those boys can put on a SHOW. And yeah their cover or Rasputin live is quite an experience
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.12.2011 - 15:45
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Damn you both I didn't have a chance to see them live so far, and it doesn't look like things will change in the near future.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
10.12.2011 - 15:26
GT
Coffee!!
Yeah would love to see them live. Especially after I bought Stand Up And Fight. That is a killer album. Full of energy and it tells a good story too
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.12.2011 - 07:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I somehow doubt Stand Up And Fight would be all that good live. To me, it sounds like a weaker Varangian Way with very little actual metal elements. It's too orchestral based, which I can't picture translating all that well live. That whole album just sounds like a movie soundtrack to me, and not a very good one at that.

It's got a few redeeming factors - "Hunting Pirates" being the most notable. Probably a 6.5-6.9 for me depending on my mood. At best it still just makes me want to listen to The Varangian Way.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.11.2013 - 16:46
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I really just don't get this band. It seems like they are more about the appearance and live show atmosphere than songwriting. It's one of those bands where, I just don't understand why someone would take the time to listen to when there are so many other listening options available.
12.02.2014 - 20:49
RobertNick

Turisas is badass, their Rasputin cover sounds amazing. I don't think they're more into showing off rather than focusing on the songs, I like them just good.