Metal Storm logo
Testament - New Album Details Revealed

Bay-area thrash legends Testament have revealed more details about their upcoming full-length titled Dark Roots Of Earth, including the album cover, tracklist and release date.

The artwork was created by Eliran Kantor, who has worked with such bands as Sodom, Atheist, Sigh. Dark Roots Of Earth was produced, mixed and mastered once again by Andy Sneap (Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Accept, Exodus). Special bonus tracks were recorded, mixed and mastered by Juan Urteaga (Cattle Decapitation, Heathen, Vile, Sadus) at his Trident Studios. The follow-up to their 2008 release The Formation Of Damnation will be released on July 27th (Europe) and July 31st (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records.

Dark Roots Of Earth CD/DVD tracklist:

01. Rise Up
02. Native Blood
03. Dark Roots Of Earth
04. True American Hate
05. A Day In The Death
06. Cold Embrace
07. Man Kills Mankind
08. Throne Of Thorns
09. Last Stand For Independence
10. Dragon Attack [Queen cover] [bonus]
11. Animal Magnetism [Scorpions cover] [bonus]
12. Powerslave [Iron Maiden cover] [bonus]
13. Throne Of Thornes [extended version] [bonus]
+ Bonus DVD

[Also thanks to kual21 and Kincaid for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 16.05.2012 by qlacs

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 61   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 290 users
16.05.2012 - 13:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
It feels like I've already been waiting forever for this album to come out! lol

Very nice artwork, though the classic logo would look better with it. Love the choice of songs they've decided to cover as bonuses too!
16.05.2012 - 13:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Most probably can do without this Testament album just like that all the ones after The New Order (and half of that one even) were redundant as hell.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 13:52
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Testament is like McDonald's. Not tasty at all, but lots of people love it. I doubt the new album will change it. The release will suck, but fans will lap it up like they wolf down all the crap in McDonald's.
16.05.2012 - 13:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Daniell on 16.05.2012 at 13:52

Testament is like McDonald's. Not tasty at all, but lots of people love it. I doubt the new album will change it. The release will suck, but fans will lap it up like they wolf down all the crap in McDonald's.

PLease not again after yesterday. Once again we agree, this is getting creepy
I like your McDonald's comparison. Shitty burgers that people love, only the fries are quite good (which can be compared to half of The New Order and the entire The Lagecy)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 13:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious

I've heard lots of people asserting very similar sentiments about many of the bands on your favourites list, not that I would ever do that of course. But then again, that's because I'm not a.....
16.05.2012 - 14:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 13:58

But then again, that's because I'm not a.....

a what?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 14:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 14:35
a what?

.... Something not very nice.
16.05.2012 - 14:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 14:37

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 14:35
a what?

.... Something not very nice.

Jesus H. Christ, woman, just say the word, or phrase, you wanted to say. As if we can somehow guess what it was you wanted to type.

But Daniell is right concerning Testament.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 14:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 14:39
Jesus H. Christ, woman, just say the word, or phrase, you wanted to say. As if we can somehow guess what it was you wanted to type.

But Daniell is right concerning Testament.

But that was what I was wanting to say. I left that open to interpretation, because it could mean a lot of different things. But "something not very nice" encompasses all the possibilities.

If he's "right" concerning Testament, then he can prove it. Or you can, seeing as you agree with him. If you can't prove it, I'm sticking by my statement.
16.05.2012 - 14:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 14:44

If you can't prove it, I'm sticking by my statement.

Like the Testament fangirl you are

SImple the sales numbers of the first two albums compared to the rest prove it. Plus all people without an inkling about thrash think their current stuff and crap Practice and Souls is great.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 14:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 14:45
Like the Testament fangirl you are

SImple the sales numbers of the first two albums compared to the rest prove it. Plus all people without an inkling about thrash think their current stuff and crap Practice and Souls is great.

I am a Testament fan, but I'm not a "fangirl". lol At least not in the way you're meaning anyway.

So does that mean you think the Black Album by Metallica and Countdown To Extinction by Megadeth are those bands' best albums? Both of those albums are their best selling, so going by the logic you've just used, TBA and CTE must be those bands' best works.

No, liking those albums isn't "proof" that someone has no inkling about thrash.
16.05.2012 - 14:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Thinking that anything by Testament after The New Order is proof such a lsitener is totally deaf and has no taste when it comes to good music
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 14:57
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 13:58

I've heard lots of people asserting very similar sentiments about many of the bands on your favourites list, not that I would ever do that of course. But then again, that's because I'm not a.....

Whatever people say about many of the bands on my favourites list is okay, because I can live with other people's opinions, no matter how different from mine. Can you?
16.05.2012 - 15:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daniell on 16.05.2012 at 14:57
Whatever people say about many of the bands on my favourites list is okay, because I can live with other people's opinions, no matter how different from mine. Can you?

Of course I can. Insulting bands themselves is one thing though, insulting their fans, is quite another. Have you never argued with anyone who's had a different opinion on a band you like to you? I'd be amazed if you haven't.

I myself of course, have said negative things about bands I don't like... I never put down the fans of those bands though.
16.05.2012 - 15:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 14:56

Thinking that anything by Testament after The New Order is proof such a lsitener is totally deaf and has no taste when it comes to good music

I just heard my cat meowing from another room, so no, I'm not totally deaf... you've been proved wrong I'm afraid.
16.05.2012 - 15:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Isn't that a bit like saying Slayer were once a 3 star Michelin restaurant, and are now a greasy spoon on the side of a highway?
16.05.2012 - 15:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 16.05.2012 at 15:05

Isn't that a bit like saying Slayer were once a 3 star Michelin restaurant, and are now a greasy spoon on the side of a highway?

It is exactly like saying that.
16.05.2012 - 15:07
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
I love McDonald's and I love Testament. Fuck all. \m/ This will be awesome.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
16.05.2012 - 15:14
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Hoping for a better release after the solid 'The Formation Of Damnation'. All this talk about McDonald's is making me extremely hungry
16.05.2012 - 15:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Looks like I might be alone in being a Testament fan who doesn't like McDonalds.... hehe
16.05.2012 - 15:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
McDonald's is crap. So many people like that crap apparently but even objectively speaking it is crap. There is no denying it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 15:23
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 15:02

I myself of course, have said negative things about bands I don't like... I never put down the fans of those bands though.

It was not my intention to offend any fans. You may be the most wonderful person in the world, but if you listen to, say, "The Formation of Damnation", you listen to crap. But the crap doesn't make you any worse. So how exactly are you offended?
16.05.2012 - 15:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daniell on 16.05.2012 at 15:23
It was not my intention to offend any fans. You may be the most wonderful person in the world, but if you listen to, say, "The Formation of Damnation", you listen to crap. But the crap doesn't make you any worse. So how exactly are you offended?

Me dismissing your assertion that I "listen to crap" because I like Testament, does not mean that I am offended by you saying that.

@Marcel: Although it is going off-topic, I agree with what you said about McDonalds.
16.05.2012 - 15:43
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
First of all, it's funny that I see a lot of the staffers bashing Testament and calling their stuff cheap and redundant, yet I've seen a lot of staffers praising the recent Overkill album as well. Most of the old-school thrash bands recycle their material. What else can they do? Either sell out, and piss off their fanbase, or keep writing music in the vein they always have been to please their sycophantic fans. The latter option seems more desirable, at least from a monetary standpoint... anywho... album cover looks badass, it'll be interesting to see what Gene Hoglan brought to the music for drumming. And a Testament cover of Powerslave sounds awesome!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.05.2012 - 15:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.05.2012 at 15:43

First of all, it's funny that I see a lot of the staffers bashing Testament and calling their stuff cheap and redundant, yet I've seen a lot of staffers praising the recent Overkill album as well.

Mediocre the last one if you ask me.l Overkill never ever released anything near the quality of the first Testament. Feel The Fire and Taking Over were enjoyable but everything after was crap to mediocre
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2012 - 15:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I was going to say to be fair to Marcel, he doesn't like Overkill either, and thinks they're even worse than Testament. lol
16.05.2012 - 16:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.05.2012 at 15:43
First of all, it's funny that I see a lot of the staffers bashing Testament and calling their stuff cheap and redundant, yet I've seen a lot of staffers praising the recent Overkill album as well.

You can mark me down as someone who will likely end up feeling the same about this album and Overkill's latest. It's weird to bash one band and not the other for doing what they're doing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.05.2012 - 16:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 15:20
...objectively speaking it is crap. There is no denying it.

You can't say "objectively" when you're being subjective. That's like trying to pass off your opinion as fact, which is pointless.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.05.2012 - 16:10
Absak
I don't get thrash purists, it's all mostly the same old with non-suck ass production. I love Bonded By Blood but I like Tempo Of The Damned more. I also think that Rust In Peace is a pile of mediocre crap. I've seen purists bash the newer Onslaught albums but praise their first ones, which have probably the most retarded production in the history of thrash metal (to the point I can't even listen to the damn things), not that I think production is the most important thing in thrash metal. I just don't get it.
16.05.2012 - 16:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.05.2012 at 16:07

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 15:20
...objectively speaking it is crap. There is no denying it.

You can't say "objectively" when you're being subjective. That's like trying to pass off your opinion as fact, which is pointless.

there is such a thing as objectively good and bad when it comes to food. Too much salt, too much grease, flavours not balanced etc.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 7969 | This month: 17