Metal Storm logo
Venues that don't allow moshing.

Original post

Posted by Urizen367, 16.05.2012 - 22:54
So I operate in a local band (as i'm sure quite of you also do). The thing with certain areas, is the lack of a place to play. So when I find a place where I can book, who I want, when I want, and charge whatever at the door, i'm happy as pie. But the venue, slaps down it's rule of "there is no moshing allowed". Locally, I've had some people completely boycott the venue and the show strictly because of the no moshing rule. What's worse, is that most of the people pitching a fit don't even mosh themselves, the rest of the whiners are hardcore dancers (which i personally am not fond of, but that isn't the point here).

So this brings about my point of discussion. Do you support venues that don't allow/support moshing?? Please explain your standpoint instead of just a Y/N. I personally do, because it's so hard to even find a venue for a metal band out here, and I support the local music scene, which around here is in trouble.
01.02.2014 - 17:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 01.02.2014 at 17:18
its discrimination, because under 18 also wanna see band, they must check ID in the bar before sell booze, not ban see some band live

Discrimination or not, I still don't like venues that allow 16-year-olds into the mix.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.02.2014 - 17:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.02.2014 at 17:25

Written by Bad English on 01.02.2014 at 17:18
its discrimination, because under 18 also wanna see band, they must check ID in the bar before sell booze, not ban see some band live

Discrimination or not, I still don't like venues that allow 16-year-olds into the mix.

Say it to Tunner

Grumpy Cat dont like to
I dont like posers and girls who wanna get easy evening on others moneyin the croud, who dont care about music, so, but still how 16 years old kiddo can see his fav band???
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.02.2014 - 11:05
Infernal Eternal

Written by Guest on 29.01.2014 at 18:52

Written by Infernal Eternal on 29.01.2014 at 15:18

Really? Has anyone said that you are goood at detecting irony or is it your personal opinion?

Kind of a requirement for an English major.

Ok, sorry for not being a native speaker. Next try communicating in Greek... Or go kill some people in a mall or high school... and then commit suicide... lol
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
02.02.2014 - 19:44
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Infernal Eternal on 02.02.2014 at 11:05

Ok, sorry for not being a native speaker. Next try communicating in Greek... Or go kill some people in a mall or high school... and then commit suicide... lol

You know, I'm conflicting whether or not I want to report that and get you banned for harassment/cyber bullying. What do you think? Think I should flip a coin or something?
02.02.2014 - 19:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I think the two of you should take to the handy private messaging feature and let this thread continue without your off-topic bickering.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.02.2014 - 20:47
Infernal Eternal

Sorry for making this fight public. However, I think that what I said at my latest post was not cyber-bullying, just the truth.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
04.02.2014 - 01:04
Gonzo666
Account deleted
Back to the topic.

Don't play there. Doesn't matter if you mosh or not....if you play the style of music then people will be doing so. It's simple.
04.02.2014 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 04.02.2014 at 06:18

Written by Bad English on 01.02.2014 at 16:31

more idiotism is some venues ask to b 18 like in Ausie to enter

That's probably dictated by legal and insurance requirements.

Being caught with under age types boozing on could result in loss of licence. And whilst you might not be selling to under age kids (let's say you have issue wrist bands), whose to say someone over 18 isn't buying for his underage buddies.

And personally I'd rather not any little shits running around the place. It's a metal gig, not a creche.

Most anoying in gig are girls under age .... make upo, sexy cloths,and they told we're 21 , in ythe end you been lock up because she was just 16

in Swe in venus and hocjey arenas you cant enter in bars they are in special places and before enter they ask ID to you
----

apos;'
[image]
05.02.2014 - 00:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 04.02.2014 at 23:47

They ask for ID at Australian venues too as well as anyone wanting to buy cigarettes or alcohol.

and we can take booze ot from pub so underaged its hard to get
----

apos;'
[image]
05.02.2014 - 02:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 05.02.2014 at 00:17

Even with all the rules and regulations, I found it easy to get booze from 14 onwards - just get my dad to buy it. He even paid for it.

nise familly, same did my dad when I was under 18
----

apos;'
[image]
05.02.2014 - 17:45
Jtbmetal123

I dont mind moshing at all. I think it allows people to get out some aggression from the everyday bull crap that goes on. I think stage diving is the real issue.
06.02.2014 - 00:14
Sinfonia

I really don't mind moshpits, because I mostly avoid them. As a girl, I can't join because I will be crushed by the guys. I also don't like the feeling of getting crushed or pushed to someone next to me. I have claustrophobia so if I'm at a concert, I'll mostly just go stand in the very front so I have space in front of me, or I go stand somewhere not very crowded.

I think there should be more focus on stage diving and crowdsurfing. I think it is really annoying to be in the crowd and all of a sudden get a fucking shoe against your head.
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.
12.02.2014 - 18:41
Mandrake Scream

Written by Bad English on 05.02.2014 at 02:35

Written by deadone on 05.02.2014 at 00:17

Even with all the rules and regulations, I found it easy to get booze from 14 onwards - just get my dad to buy it. He even paid for it.

nise familly, same did my dad when I was under 18

LOL, that sounds like the greatest dads ever ! : D

Anyways, here in Mexico you can practically mosh anywhere, I've never been to a place where moshing was actually banned, even if not 100% approved. Gigantic venues or shitty little bars, there is always some space to get it started, as long as it is a Metal concert.

As for the 18yo rule... Come on, that's lame! I've been attending gigs since I was 13, and i'm quite sure lots of you started around the same age too. It would have been atrocious if I couldn't have gone to all those gigs when I was underage... I don't agree with it, just don't sell the booze to the brats. But well, maybe that's not the central point of the discussion.