Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral - Sign Three Album Deal With Century Media

Century Media press release:

Swedish black metal legends Dark Funeral and Century Media Records are proud to announce the signing of a worldwide deal for the next 3 albums.

Guitarist and founding member Lord Ahriman comments: "Our bad luck with labels in the past has for sure been very frustrating. So it is with great pleasure to finally be able to turn the page, move on and start a new dark chapter in the Dark Funeral saga, as we join the great Century Media family. Century Media has more than enough proven to be a stable and highly professional label. And we are totally looking forward to this new cooperation, which I'm sure will prove to be very satisfying and successful for both parts. Hail the goat!"

Jens Prueter, Head Of A&R at Century Media Records Europe, comments: "I always respected Dark Funeral for their endurance and integrity. They've gone through some hard times, but never gave up and also never gave in to compromise on their musical and aesthetic vision. Almost 20 years after their formation it's still the same powerhouse of unmerciful black metal and the new line-up is stronger and more focused than in the past. Thanks to Lord Ahriman and the whole band! Looking forward to their 20th anniversary in 2013 with a new album In The Sign Of The Horns!"

Source: darkfuneral.se
Band profile: Dark Funeral
Posted: 17.05.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 73 users
17.05.2012 - 14:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
So three piles O' shit?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.05.2012 - 14:43
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.05.2012 at 14:31

So three piles O' shit?

A mature and objective comment, well done sir. Let's just hope you won't get this kind of criticism for one of your "excellent" metal projects.
17.05.2012 - 14:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Carl Berg on 17.05.2012 at 14:43

So three piles O' shit?

A mature and objective comment, well done sir. Let's just hope you won't get this kind of criticism for one of your "excellent" metal projects.

This is a very inaccurate comment since it implies that Billy could get a deal with a label.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.05.2012 - 17:48
Hendrikse
Account deleted
3 more albums of same ol' Dark Funeral. Don't mind that at all.
17.05.2012 - 18:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Nachtgarm could save these guys to be honest. He sounded great with Dammerfarben or however you spell it.

Possibly a return to Diabolis Interium-esque black metal please?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.05.2012 - 18:25
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

So three piles O' shit?

I was implying that when a record company signs a band for X number of albums, the usually push the band to write and record them as fast as possible so they make the most money, therefor the quality of the albums drops.

My comment had nothing to do with Dark Funeral or their music.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.05.2012 - 18:44
BudDa

You sound hurt. Why?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
17.05.2012 - 20:30
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.05.2012 at 18:00

Nachtgarm could save these guys to be honest. He sounded great with Dammerfarben or however you spell it.

This is what I'm hoping as well. Haven't checked out Dämmerfarben yet, but I really dig Nachtgarm's vocals in Negator. And live I've found him a lot more expressive than Caligula.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
18.05.2012 - 05:27
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Will be interested. Though they seem to produce pretty homogenous records every time... hopefully something new will come with the next album.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.05.2012 - 09:33
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.05.2012 at 18:00

Well I didn't have any issues really with Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus but did find Attera Totus Sanctus to be rather boring and I totally agree with you guys that another Diabolis Interium-style album would be awesome. Unfortunately Tanner makes a valid point as well that CM might very well push them to put out too quickly thus destroying the band. And I'm kind of surprised they signed a deal with such a major label, especially one who's roster, these days, consists of mostly -core bands...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

18.05.2012 - 15:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by psykometal on 18.05.2012 at 09:33
And I'm kind of surprised they signed a deal with such a major label, especially one who's roster, these days, consists of mostly -core bands...

-core bands? Looking at their roster, they have Aborted, Asphyx, Deicide, Grave, Krisiun, Massacre, Morbid, Napalm Death etc. etc. etc. not to mention Dark Tranquillity and Insomnium. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.05.2012 - 02:08
In_tallica

First Marduk, now Dark Funeral.... I wonder who's next....
20.05.2012 - 02:35
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.05.2012 at 15:48

-core bands? Looking at their roster, they have Aborted, Asphyx, Deicide, Grave, Krisiun, Massacre, Morbid, Napalm Death etc. etc. etc. not to mention Dark Tranquillity and Insomnium. :/

Hmm...well I just looked at their roster on their site and it appears they have signed a lot more metal bands in recent years. I pretty much gave up on them a couple years ago because they were signing core band after core band and haven't looked at them much since because of it. Oh well I'm not the only person around here to make asenine remarks based on old info and assumptions and I won't be the last...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 3868 | This month: 1