07. Jazz
08. Bust Me Downs
09. Song 1
10. Enola Gay Fucking
11. Sand Nigger Nazi Killer
12. Savage
13. Black Metal
14. End Of Days

There's a long artistically robust tradition of comedians making metal?from Brian Posehn to the Dethklok dude to Varg Vikernes--one to which Primary Colors' frontman Sadi Thakur now officially belongs.

And his comedy background shows. Just looking at the song titles ("Aliens Smoking Weed", "Sand Nigger Nazi Killer", "Dahmer Faggot", "Jazz", and so on), the album name, the close-up of glittering weed on the CD itself, and the "the Jesus capital of Utah invented peanut butter" Snapple fact hidden on the inside of the plastic hinge, binding thingy, the fact that getting some lol's and lolwut's is a priority on this thing is clear enough.

It might have been at the expense of solid tunes in the end though. This is ugly, grindish, hardcoreish and deathcoreish metal in a semi-Anal Cunty kind of wrapper. Which sounds cool enough, but the problem is, shaking the feeling that this just isn't quite ugly enough, and meanwhile isn't quite technically sound enough either is tough. There are too many hook-like riffs and the guitarist and bassist are too skilled for it to be, say, Anal Cunt-brand hideous, but there still isn't enough riff weight to balance out the bits that really do sound like watery shit. Which leaves the album in an ugliness limbo of some kind. Part of it seems to be pulling toward being as chaotic and weird and disfigured as possible, while part of it is pulling it to be more or less technically sound. Call that "dynamics" if you want, but it just doesn't fully work here.

Nevertheless, I do dig a lot about this thing; the vocalist did a good, piss-n-vinegar, meat-n-potatoes job at the mic, some of the riffing is solid (in "Black Metal" in particular), some of the weird little breakdown interludes were well done, and so on. Happens that, as a whole, this feels like one of those decent open-mic night jokes you'll hear at your local bar that was delivered just a tad too awkwardly. It looks passable on paper (or, in this case, in plastic I guess), there's just an annoying misfire quality to it that's hard to ignore.

Written on 17.05.2012 by Wormdrink's real name is George and he's an American.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 140 users
19.05.2012 - 13:59
Fredd
Account deleted
Is this shit for real?
19.05.2012 - 16:10
Rating: 5
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
With a name like that, it has to be good!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.05.2012 - 16:43
PocketMetal

I wish it was something excellent , really cool titles xD
19.05.2012 - 17:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Anal Cunt already did it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.05.2012 - 10:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It's actually an overall scene of Punk movement i suppose. Nevertheless, 6 will be an idle score.

Hits total: 4260 | This month: 6