Metal Storm logo
King Of Asgard - New Album Details Revealed

Swedish viking folk metallers King Of Asgard will release their second album entitled ...To North on July 27th/30th via Metal Blade Records as a digi-CD and on vinyl. The album was recorded at Sonic Train Studios with engineer Andy LaRocque (King Diamond) at the helm and will also feature two guest musicians.

The band commented: "First out is female vocalist Heléne Blad whom did a guest appearance on Fi'mbulvintr as well. This time around she's present on the album opener, "The Nine Worlds Burn", doing an epic folk inspired vocal part. She's been a longtime friend of the band and is a professionally schooled folk singer et cetera. She was also once, for a short while, the keyboardist of the King Of Asgard predecessor Mithotyn. The second appearance on ...to North presents the extremely talented guitarist Jimmy Hedlund. Yet another friend known from bands such as Falconer and Supreme Majesty. He shreds two guitar solos on the song "Gap Of Ginnungs". Least say, amazing stuff and truly breathtaking!"

The first song titles include "Gap Of Ginnungs", "Plague-Ridden Rebirth", "Nordvegr", "Upon The Mountain" and "The Nine Worlds Burn".

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: King Of Asgard
Posted: 22.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 46 users
22.05.2012 - 17:31
Windrider
Raureif
Plus, they're recording a video for "The Nine Worlds Burn".
22.05.2012 - 23:36
Uldreth
The previous album was boss so I am reasonably interested in this, even if I am not that huge on this viking stuff nowadays.
23.05.2012 - 05:19
Stoned Crow
Account deleted
Why not name your band Odin?
23.05.2012 - 05:21
Stoned Crow
Account deleted
I'm going to start a band and call it "The Husband of Frigg". It will be boss.

Hits total: 2613 | This month: 3