Metal Storm logo
Feel Good Music

09.11.2006 - 04:30
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I had one of the worst feeling days I've had in a long time. Nothing seemed to be going right and I wasn't a big fan of anything exciting. I know, I know, it's the teenage angst. There are much worse situations in the world but it was a pretty bad day. Anyway, I just got out of the shower and I was listening to Bob Marley and like always his music seemed to make all of my troubles go away. There aren't many things that can do that these days. So what music makes you happiest these days?
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.11.2006 - 05:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Like you, Bob Marley makes me Feel better when I'm depressed, I really like "I wanna Love ya," and "Easy Skankin." I also listen to Dream Theater and The Red Hot Chili peppers when I get depressed (Or have teenage angst or whatever term you use) because their music is mainly spiritual and uplifting, but also some of it does Deal with depression and makes you Feel like you can relate, the songs "These walls" and "Panic Attack" are perfect examples. One bit of Advice though, Never listen to "Into Eternity" when you're depressed, you'll be on the virge of Suicide. (or at least that's how I feel.)
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.11.2006 - 06:41
Icewings
La Luna
Nice Thread , well I'm weird I don't why I'm feeling sad I like to listen to sad music over and over again , I guess it relates to the feeling right , but well sometimes I do feel like getting over that feeling and well I listen to a lot of New age music when I want to feel good it relaxes so much , also I love those cd's that for example I have one that is call ocean waves and is like recordings of the ocean I love that and also I listen to classical music , Happy classical music , and yeah Bob Marley is so nice too ...
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
09.11.2006 - 19:09
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I think that the bands you posted above are good ones, I'd say that music to feel better would be something like enthusiastic, no matter what kind, for example, I can hear from Celine Dion: "A new day has come" from Therion: "In remembrance". Of course classical music, new age, and reggae, rock, but with the condition of being 'enthusiastic', something to feel better, to experience new feelings, something to see different things
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
09.11.2006 - 23:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@The Alchemist: Celine Dion makes you feel better? For some reason all her music does for me is Grind on my nerves, I Don't really know why....
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

10.11.2006 - 00:16
Soliloquy
bob marley actually pisses me off. ahaha. reason being: his clean rhythms that are so repetative.

what chears me up is music by this band called 'out of your mouth'. i'm not exactly sure what happend to the band(they were pretty new. made in 2004. dissapeared in mid 2005). but the band had some really catchy riffs, a really obnoxious singer, lyrics that make anyone laugh, and down right 'heavy' rock-ness...if that makes sense. for example, their lyrics in this song called 'wank' are '...lying in the bed, standing in the shower, thinking of britney spears in the neud. there is onlyone thing for an obsession, the single greatest thing you can do to your self, unless you can do it with a friend...' and some other song, they have this lil break in the middle where the guys are just talking with out music. some guy says 'the fuck? can you beleive this? this mother fucker just tea bagged me!' and 'ahh! fuck you in the drive through' with really random stuff here and there.

another thing that doesnt really cheer me up, but starts making me dream is stuff by Loreena Mckennitt. shes a celtic folk artist with epical lyrics(sometimes) and good music
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
10.11.2006 - 04:49
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Arian Totalis on 09.11.2006 at 23:28

@The Alchemist: Celine Dion makes you feel better? For some reason all her music does for me is Grind on my nerves, I Don't really know why....

Well, each person is different, I like her music mainly because of the feelings into the music, and then, the music itself, it's like 'enthusiastic' music, or at least, that's how I feel it
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
10.11.2006 - 20:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@The Alchemist: Yeah, that's cool, to each man his own right? and besides, a little guilty pleasure of mine is Christina Agulera, I think she has a powerful, Soulful voice, but most would ridicule me for liking her i'm sure, oh well, I don't care
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

11.11.2006 - 06:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Your typical "feel good" songs actually depress me for some reason. Since I go to full time work and school, I have a lot of built up rage and tension lol. What makes me feel better is pummeling blast beats. Anytime I listen to bands such as Dying Fetus or Pig Destroyer, I instantly become happy.
13.11.2006 - 21:49
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, my "feel good" songs... Probably every Mnemic song, you know, pretty agresive stuff. Some In Extremo songs, like Erdbeermud or Fontain La Jolie.
Dr. Feelgood by Mötey Crüe, Rock the Night by Europe... Two Moons by Amorphis, I Stand Aloine by Godsmack You Spin me Round by Orgy.
There's too many songs... And they change from time to time. This ones here are the ones that never change.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
09.12.2006 - 14:18
eximius
Very loud drums makes me "feel good" and even though i sort of hate punk i listen to Dropkick Murphys
it's stupid but i think this is what feeling good means, forgetting about those things u have on ur mind
09.12.2006 - 21:29
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Any soundtrack from any 80's movie...

Especially RAD.
----
Brujerizmo!
10.12.2006 - 01:27
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Well, first there's some really cheesy music like Culture Club or Backstreet Boys which have become, surprise-surprise, really fun to listen to. Especially Culture Club's "God Thank You Woman" makes me smile everytime.
And who could forget the greatest boyband of all time - Party Posse (if you love "The Simpsons" you will know this "band". IVAN EHT NIOJ!!!

Also, there was this morning when I was feeling really bad. And then Winamp played "Predator" by Vader and my melancholy was gone in an instant, ot was quite ridiculous.
11.12.2006 - 20:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i don't understand why people enjoy listening to so called ambient music that's just a piano going on forever and ever and ever...that is NOT feel good music. also house isn't, nor is the mix between atmospheric, ambient and the overly boring half an hour piano songs.
feel good music: generally not-that-depressive rock ballads, like deep purple-child in time, boston-more than a feeling, judas priest-diamonds and rust(live meltdown version), some u2, and non-chaotic jazz(ie one piano solo over one drum solo over one bass solo)
14.12.2006 - 23:12
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Here's mine: "Bring the Funk" by Ben Harper. Gives me the energy I need!
Otherwise folk music (metal or plain old folk) usually cheers me up.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
29.12.2006 - 20:50
Bane Reine
Account deleted
I usually put on the Streets whenever I'm feeling down. One song in particular, 'Weak Become Heroes' will never ever fail to make me feel better.
03.01.2007 - 15:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
If I had a rough day any great metal works for me, makes me happy.
----
13.02.2007 - 06:16
LethargyMan
For a relaxing evening, just curl up to a fireplace with a good book blaring Merzbow in your surround sound speakers.

As for me... I never have to try and feel good because I'm on a personality-high 24/7. But if I were to feel downright awful and wanted to listen to music that won't make me feel worse... Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Dead Can Dance, Johnny Cash, Buddy Guy, the plethora of gigantic classical compilations I have, and all those albums from Young God Records I own (for I have become a slut for Michael Gira) fit the bill quite nicely.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
13.02.2007 - 07:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Andrew WK, Andrew WK, Andrew WK!!!! hes hard and agressive (but happy sounding) without being angry and trying to be evil sounding, his musics all about just having a good time and living life to the fullest. Even the song 'ready to die' which sounds like its about killing is actually about living life to the fullest and being ready to die at any moment, and if you were to die youd have no regrets, so just party it up while you can. Andrew WK has pulled me through some tough times.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.04.2007 - 02:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Ive been a little stressed out lately, but then I started getting back into Manowar, and the song 'Master Of The Wind' is really makin me feel alot better.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.04.2007 - 08:10
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
I reccommend either of Angel City Outcasts' two albums, especially the first. Upbeat, energetic bluesey, southern-tinged punk rock.

Also, Lost Horizon tends to make me feel better. Not sure if it's the music or the whole "The power of will!" or even just all the Highlander references (I loves me some Highlander) but it can usually at least slightly improve my mood.
03.04.2007 - 17:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Well, I seem to be the only one posting this, but if I feel depressed or just fucked, I have to listen to depressive music.

Stuff such as Burzum, Lurker Of Chalice, Shape Of Despair.. anything depressive will do.

Usually I darken the room, sit down and turn on a cd of one of those bands up real loud. Then when it has played it last seconds, I feel so much revived and back with the living!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.05.2007 - 07:27
Bitch Boy
No metal style makes me feel better when I'm depressed. I can say almost no music can make that, but sometimes, listening to new age while being depressed, makes me feel a little better, but suddenly I remember my problems and shit, so it doesn't fully work
04.05.2007 - 14:40
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Whenever I'm feeling depressed or bored, Summoning makes me feel quite calm and refreshed...
Their melodies are very unique and catchy, and the atmosphere of their music really takes me to the middle earth for sometime.. especially after I watched the movied the lord of the rings and obtained tolkien epic related paintings, I enjoyed it even more..
----
that which shines without names and forms...
20.06.2007 - 06:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Pelican, certainly. It's quite deep and complex, and their music is extremely erotic. Slow tempo, very relacxing. No matter if I had a bad day, or I'm tired, or I'm stressed. Pelican always makes me feel better, relaxed. it is also very erotic and ideal for sex or making love.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

20.06.2007 - 22:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Freedom Call is the clear choice...whatever should make metal head like me feeling good if not such a kind of power-metal :-)

"Together we march in time, Forever for the kingdom"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.07.2007 - 10:54
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Nest's music makes me feel relaxed and makes my mind stress-free. Or if I want something fast and uplifting, I just go for Sonata Arctica.
08.07.2007 - 14:12
AlGore
Account deleted
Some good grind will make me forget whatever it was I was worried about. Gorerotted's Mutilated in Minutes album always makes me happy. I guess that's why I love metal.
29.09.2007 - 04:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Godsmack's Ep "The Other side" has been on my player for a few days now. Accoustic stuff, really nice and relaxing, and of course with the great quality that Godsmack has.
----

30.09.2007 - 10:29
Too many fail.
Stanley Jordan - Standards vol1.
Amazing guitarist, and graet interpretations of classic songs.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks