Metal Storm logo
Feel Good Music

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 09.11.2006 - 04:30
I had one of the worst feeling days I've had in a long time. Nothing seemed to be going right and I wasn't a big fan of anything exciting. I know, I know, it's the teenage angst. There are much worse situations in the world but it was a pretty bad day. Anyway, I just got out of the shower and I was listening to Bob Marley and like always his music seemed to make all of my troubles go away. There aren't many things that can do that these days. So what music makes you happiest these days?
30.09.2007 - 17:29
KryptoN
imperceptible
Smooth, ambient, atmospheric and/or astral stuff usually does it for me, but also grindcore and death metal. It depends on what I'm feeling like exactly. If I'm pissed or bored then ambient or trip-hop helps very well. If I'm more like depressed or otherwise feeling empty/down I usually go for some catchy death metal / grindcore or even some "chaotic" electronic stuff like psytrance.

Carefully selected ambient or any other smooth music works within minutes for me in the first case. After like 5 minutes I feel much better already. Example artists: Bjørn Lynne, Nest, Jääportit, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Anna Nalick, Atman, Vangelis...

For the other case artists like these ought to do the job: Nile, Rotten Sound, Amoral, Nasum, To Separate the Flesh From the Bones...

Power/heavy/doom/black/progressive metal, hard rock etc. mostly just makes it worse in both of these cases for me. Also, even though I do like really dark/horror/noisy ambient stuff, I have to stay clear of those in these cases.
02.10.2007 - 04:45
Stigmatized
Shade Empire is pretty much the artist that does it for me. Particularly their instrumental "Ravine" and the song "Designed for Blood". When I'm angry or depressed, this helps.

If it's not Shade Empire, some death metal helps, particularly bands like Abysmal Torment and Origin. Other than that, I find myself becoming calmer when listening to stuff such as The Doobie Brothers, Boston, Tom Petty, The White Stripes, Jouney, etc...
07.12.2007 - 07:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Nothing makes me relax and forget about my problems better than the most fucking brutal music you can imagine. If I'm not under any stress, then pre-WWII blues and Alcest make me happy, but listening to simple music tends to make me think about my problems though, so generally I like to listen to something distracting.
11.12.2007 - 10:20
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm right now the song "i'm walking on sunshine" really makes me feel good i like singing it and it makes me forget annoying things
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
24.03.2008 - 20:17
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
ergh music never cheers me up when im sad.

if im angry or pissed off i listen to something fast and agressive, if im sad i just lie under a quilt silently, music makes me worse especially when something depressing comes onto my mp3 player i just cry even more
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
25.03.2008 - 13:23
FOOCK Nam
Written by nana.MD on 11.12.2007 at 10:20

hmm right now the song "i'm walking on sunshine" really makes me feel good i like singing it and it makes me forget annoying things

Which artist/band/singer/ does that song belong to ?
29.03.2008 - 04:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Trashed, Zero The Hero and Digital Bitch by Black Sabbath are deffinitely cheering up songs.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.03.2008 - 21:05
doomina
Account deleted
hm ... a song that's making me smiling everytime i hear it is "dispatch - the general" ... or kate nash is also cool stuff.
31.03.2008 - 00:04
Torelli
What kind of music that puts me in a good mood? Hm...that can variey greatly. However, I do have some music that i play for specific events.

When I'm about to run a cross-country race, I usually put on Aryeon's day 11: love. I know it sounds extremely cheesy, but it actually makes me very motivated adn in a good mood.

But if you're completly under the ice and/or extremly ashamed of oneself, grindcore is usually the only solution.
31.03.2008 - 06:26
tulkas
el parcero
some weeks ago i dowloades the song 'low rider' and that almost evrytime cheers me up. the rythm of the song is pretty cool and that's what cheers me up.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.03.2008 - 07:03
tulkas
el parcero
also... a friend is showing me some drum n' bass, anyone heard of it. it's really upbeat, uptempo, and fast, makes you want to move and all, hehe. this has cheered me up the last few minutes. try this online radio site that plays drum n' bass 24/7, see if it cheers you up or something!

http://www.ruffradio1.moonfruit.com/#/listenlive/4516705226
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
25.04.2008 - 20:48
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
one of the problem that i have about this case bucez every song that I like it , cause to be woebegone since remember all of my memento so nothing makes me forget about my problems better than before

by the way , Losing My Religion by R.E.M let me try to be little happy
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
14.06.2008 - 07:19
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by FOOCK Nam on 25.03.2008 at 13:23

Written by nana.MD on 11.12.2007 at 10:20

Which artist/band/singer/ does that song belong to ?

it's from katrina in the waves...from the 80's....great music back then!!!

another great feel good song for me is lady maddona - the beatles
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.09.2008 - 21:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Gimme Back my Bullets by Lynyrd Skynyrd. the lyrics are some of the best ive heard in awhile.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.09.2008 - 16:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
Folk Metal and folk in general makes me feel happy almost always
IMO also hard rock is good (AC/DC, Van Halen...)
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.09.2008 - 17:08
Opethienne
Account deleted
Some irish sounds and pink floyd, gun's etc
09.09.2008 - 00:50
nana.MD
Star-Queen
at the moment:

take on me, a-Ha
big in japan, alphaville
funkytown, lipps inc

----
10.09.2008 - 08:41
Black Mass
At the moment Fear Factory played at excessive volumes cheers me up. Well, probably doesn't exactly 'cheer' me up but because its so loud it helps distract me from my thoughts.

In general though, the music that makes me happiest is anything from Opeth, Metallica or Ministry. The music brings back lots of good memories which usually helps with taking my mind off whatever is getting me down
10.09.2008 - 09:14
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'd say Folk/Celtic music works very good for me, specially Omnia. Their sound is not quite the "happiest tune" but surely gives me strenght and makes me realise something that must be valued (life), and that my problems are nothing, compared to what's going on with the world. Relaxing and quality sound, from a very talented band.
Also try Faun and Lumsk.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
22.11.2011 - 01:57
wormdrink414
Elite
Heard this the other day on a podcast with Valient Himself and Neil Fallon:

Makes me feel like an old fur-coated Indonesian pimp every time I've listened to it.
23.11.2011 - 02:36
Mattybu
Written by wormdrink414 on 22.11.2011 at 01:57

Makes me feel like an old fur-coated Indonesian pimp every time I've listened to it.

Dope song man I like it.

My feel good music, honestly like Stand Up and Shout by Dio, High Roller by White Wizzard, Redemption Song by Bob Marley, those are a few. Oh, and Binge and Grab by Buckethead.

Basically musical happiness, favourite song ever.
28.11.2011 - 22:28
NLthrasher
Rush and Pink Floyd most of the time do the job for me. They don't really make me happy, they just make me feel at easy and let me calm down.
09.12.2011 - 23:06
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
This one makes me feel epic every time

Also makes me wonder how this dude is still alive after all that heroin, and still making awesome music.
03.01.2012 - 21:12
nana.MD
Star-Queen
You get what you give - New Radicals, Volare - Gipsy Kings, Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for fears ^^
----
03.01.2012 - 21:51
mcneely
Cool Town Rock - Holy Hail
The Beers - The Front Bottoms
Led Zeppelin songs
Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction

They all make me feel happy
24.01.2012 - 03:59
Richard 32
I've been listening to Fleet Foxes' new album Helplessness Blues a lot recently. I find it pretty comforting. It's acoustic folk type music. It's not overly happy or sad - it's pretty balanced as far as the mood.

Some 80's pop (Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, etc.) has done quite well for cheering me up in the past. Some 80's stuff can be obnoxious though.

Hope you have some better days, my friend.
24.01.2012 - 13:35
Sophist
Several Von Thronstahl songs
Samael - Static Journey, Era One
The young gods - Mister Sunshine, Miles Away, Once Again, Introducing
Beethoven's 5th and 9th
24.01.2012 - 15:11
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Anything by Colour haze (add them to the site!)
----
25.01.2012 - 17:35
IronAngel
Written by Richard 32 on 24.01.2012 at 03:59

I've been listening to Fleet Foxes' new album Helplessness Blues a lot recently. I find it pretty comforting. It's acoustic folk type music. It's not overly happy or sad - it's pretty balanced as far as the mood.

I approve. Not a huge Fleet Foxes fan myself, but folk or folky pop is probably the best feel-good music out there. Pretty vocal harmonies have like a physical effect on me. I've been playing the new First Aid Kit over and over again, for example. Chamber pop violinist Owen Pallett, Paul Simon (and Simon & Garfunkel, of course), the Finnish pop-punk band PMMP etc. really put me in a good mood.

Nobody melts my heart quite like Regina Spektor, though. Can't feel down when you listen to her, she's way too wonderful for that.

26.01.2012 - 02:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Jake Leg- Baroness

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS