Metal Storm logo
Steve Vai - New Album Details Unveiled, New Song Streaming Online

Guitar God Steve Vai has announced the release of his first full-length solo record in 7 years. His new solo album will be entitled The Story Of Light, is set for release on August 14th through Favored Nations and is already available for pre-order on his official website.

The 3 special packages feature some or all of these items: a physical CD, digital download of the album, a limited edition interview DVD, 7" vinyl single, custom 32 page booklet, plantable The Story Of Light seeded postcards, Steve Vai guitar picks and more.

In addition, Steve has released a preview track from the record called "Gravity Storm", which is now available below.

The 12-song album The Story Of Light will feature guest vocalists, including singer-songwriter Aimee Mann ? dueting with Vai on "No More Amsterdam", which she also co-wrote. Beverly McClellan, a season one finalist on "The Voice", appears on "John The Revelator", a track inspired by a vintage recording of blues singer Blind Willie Johnson, whose acid-soaked vocals are in the mix as well. Other highlights include the title track (which opens the album), "Gravity Storm", "The Moon And I", and "Velorum".

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Steve Vai
Posted: 25.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 107 users
25.05.2012 - 15:34
Mountain King
K i K o
I like the guy but this sounds annoying honestly. Not sure about what I heard...
25.05.2012 - 18:24
Byners

What the...? Weirdo :3
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
25.05.2012 - 19:37
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Total respect for the legend... but I have to agree with the comments above: That was really weird. He must have been in a hell of a trip when he composed this song.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.05.2012 - 22:50
TX09

Its pretty cool, even if you listen to most steve vai albums they are instrumental concept albums, he pretty much tells his story through guitar and lets ppl feel what they want.. Was wonderin when he was going to release something new
25.05.2012 - 23:10
RobertNowhere

Most of his stuff is a bit weird. he was a frank zappa protege, after all. this makes me want to go listen to some of the older stuff he did in the 90s again
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
25.05.2012 - 23:21
BlueMobius
Account deleted
You guys really need a new photo of Steve. That one just gives me the creeps lol.
25.05.2012 - 23:30
malaikat

Yesss, give me more Vai guitar weirdness, please!

(but still not as weird as Devin, sorry Steve)
25.05.2012 - 23:44
zaid mousa

Lovely shit as always from vai . !! nice screams and awesome touches . really great work .the weirdness in the song ,make him unique in lovely way. i can taste it ,its really great
26.05.2012 - 15:21
truenoacero

I like it.
27.05.2012 - 12:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I also find the song weird, but I'm really looking forward to this album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 6264 | This month: 2