Metal Storm logo
Flowing Tears (and Withered Flowers)

Original post

Posted by Arwen, 18.05.2006 - 23:09
Why is the name in brackets? because in the beginning the real name of the band was Flowing Tears and Withered Flowers but as the name was too long the record company made the band unfortunately to change it. Though I must say the quality of their deep and sincere gothic music hasn't gone worse.
The band itself is german and was formed in the late 80s.They have given gigs all over the world by now and certainly they love their public

If you search a truthful gothic syphonic metal then you need to listen this masterband...Helen Vogt differs much from other female singers as her voice is really deep and tranquille, it makes you think of something beautiful at the same time dark , and as one of my friends said once :

you will find piece there...in embrace of their songs.
27.11.2007 - 17:54
Finicella
Account deleted
A thread about Flowing Tears... Oh - my - god. I never thought that anyone knew this band. :3
I like them much, they have some really nice songs. I like "Did you ever feel" :3
27.10.2008 - 08:34
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
I am definitely excited about the new album, and now the band has posted two tracks on their myspace page to make me even more impatient! It's certainly gloomier than their Razorbliss album, just as the band promised, but as I'm not much a fan of judging music based on the terrible quality of a myspace player, I'll hold off from listening to the songs much more until I get the album...

It seems the official release will be on the 29th of October according to the band, but (as always) the US release date won't be until January. Looks like another import for me, wow I am really getting sick of doing this

I have to say, though, it seems now 4 people have already rated the new album....? I am wondering how this is possible... considering it's not released and isn't even available for pre-order on any site that I know of. Anyway, it'll be great to finally get a new studio album from the band. The "Invanity" live CD that came out last year was a real pleasure to hear, and if any of the other songs have the masterful vocal work that Helen used on the "Invanity" disc, I will be easily pleased. Certainly one of my all-time favorite bands
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
27.10.2008 - 14:17
Ernis
狼獾
I lately started to listen to them...they're nice, I consider reviewing some of their albums in nearer future....not yet my favourite gothic group but their music definitely is decent...the female singer indeed has an original voice....
10.11.2008 - 07:42
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Ahh yes I have ordered the new album from the Napalm Records shop, and hopefully it will ship next Monday! Obviously as soon as I have listened to it a bit I will mention my thoughts here! If anyone happens to get ahold of the album soon, let us know what you think... the potential they showed on their live album "Invanity" really peaked my interest that the band will evolve a bit on this new CD...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.11.2008 - 08:29
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Just wanted to update my previous post regarding the new album: I love it ! It's much gloomier than their "Razorbliss" album, but equally as melodic. The lyrics feel more grandiose without losing any of the poetic nuances that the band has been using since they came into their own with the "Jade" album. I think some of the sampling is more reminscent of the "Jade" album than of more recent material... it's slower and more pensive.

One of the things I've loved about Flowing Tears over their years is that hearing a few songs off their albums sucked me in, but hearing the whole album from start to finish is what made me become emotionally attached to it. They have a skill at creating an album, without being a "concept" album in any way, that has an atmosphere than only becomes apparent after taking the whole album in, in the order the tracks are put in the CD. It's so good to hear them back again, and gloomy music is exactly what I've been in the mood for...
----
22.11.2008 - 12:17
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Jason W. on 17.11.2008 at 08:29

Just wanted to update my previous post regarding the new album: I love it !

I don't know man, I'm having some mixed feelings about this. There something about the album (I guess in its atmosphere), something I really can't put my finger on, that is not feeling right, or missing, I don't know. Some songs are really good, but most of them aren't really doing it for me.

But maybe my mistake is that I keep searching in every possible Flowing Tears song for a similar bittersweet feeling like the one I found in "Sistersun" (from "Jade"). I really really love that song.

So maybe you can tell me how I need to listen to this album, because at the end of the day, I'm rather disappointed (and I never wanted a band like Flowing Tears to dissapoint me )
----
Your favorite band sucks.
24.11.2008 - 09:26
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by Thryce on 22.11.2008 at 12:17

I don't know man, I'm having some mixed feelings about this. There something about the album (I guess in its atmosphere), something I really can't put my finger on, that is not feeling right, or missing, I don't know. Some songs are really good, but most of them aren't really doing it for me.

But maybe my mistake is that I keep searching in every possible Flowing Tears song for a similar bittersweet feeling like the one I found in "Sistersun" (from "Jade"). I really really love that song.

So maybe you can tell me how I need to listen to this album, because at the end of the day, I'm rather disappointed (and I never wanted a band like Flowing Tears to dissapoint me )

Okay, I did a bit of thinking on this one - because I really was "ready" in a sense for this new Flowing Tears album... it was like my mind was just waiting to hear it in a way!

My first question would be... did you listen to their "Invanity - Live in Berlin" album from last year? I didn't see any comments from you or a rating from you on that one, so maybe you missed it? I think it's an important step in the Flowing Tears evolution from Razorbliss at least. You get to hear a totally new aspect of Helen's vocals... all the whispers, the hints of raspy, raw ends of vocal lines. And it also being mostly acoustic, you get a new development of the older songs, and of course with a different vocalist was well.

Of course you've already answered your own issue a bit by wanting to hear "Sistersun" again... well, that's always a mistake with any band, but of course you know that Definitely one of the most memorable Flowing Tears songs, but maybe the difference from "Jade" to "Thy Kingdom Gone" is that "Jade" is somberly romantic, "Thy Kingdom Gone" is gloomy and focused on the larger pains of the human race.

Unless you are of the rare type (which includes me oftentimes) that mix gloom with beauty or romance, then you probably aren't going to feel very warm listening to "Thy Kingdom Gone". At least emotionally, I really don't feel "suffering" or "gloom" listening to "Jade," which is what I get many times with this new CD. I mean, it's Flowing Tears so the suffering is not agonizing and violent, but instead accessible and relevant. But perhaps try to delve into the screams you hear on pensive parts of "Kismet" with about a minute to go in the song. That's really a highlight for me.

Maybe it's just my emotional state of late: I'm craving gloomy metal that's still melodic and accessible. I've also really got into The Foreshadowing release "Days Of Nothing," and have been revisiting my top 2007 album, Autumn's "My New Time" quite frequently. Maybe the emotional state of the new FT album is not matching yours just yet ? I hope that helps somewhat ? (or maybe makes it worse lol)....
----
27.11.2008 - 20:17
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Jason W. on 24.11.2008 at 09:26

Maybe the emotional state of the new FT album is not matching yours just yet ? I hope that helps somewhat ? (or maybe makes it worse lol)....

Thanks for your reply!

Now I know Flowing Tears didn't change, they evolved. And as a matter of fact, I never heard the "Live In Berlin" album so that's apparently why I couldn't have known.

I needed your opinion to be able to listen to the new album from the right perspective. I'm sure I can do that now, and give the album another try.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
27.02.2019 - 21:10
Polaria
Resurrecting this old thread to say that Helen Vogt and Sascha Blach have formed a new triphop project, Lighthouse In Darkness.
The first album, The Melancholy Movies, was released last Friday, the 22th of February.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.