Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Time Update

Wintersun released the following announcement on their official website:

Hello friends!

Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled Time I & Time II. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:

- All the 80min of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.

- We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.

- The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of "hard listening (not easy listening)" material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me). Both albums will be approx. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.

- We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these "modern times". No more years of silence for us!

We hope you'll approve our new little "plan" and support us when the Time comes!

The tracklisting for Time I looks like this:

Time I

01. When Time Fades Away
02. Sons Of Winter And Stars
I - Rain Of Stars
II - Surrounded By Darkness
III - Journey Inside A Dream
IV - Sons Of Winter And Stars
03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness and Frost
05. Time

Time I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012! Time II will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing Time II meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!

We can't wait for you guys to hear Time I material and play it to you live! Have a great summer!

Jari & Wintersun boys

Wintersun are confirmed to headline this year's edition of the so-called Heidenfest tour kicking off in October supported by Korpiklaani, Varg, Trollfest and Krampus, before they go on touring the world. Further infos, dates and tickets on www.heidenfest.eu

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 29.05.2012 by Account deleted

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 107   Visited by: 646 users
29.05.2012 - 23:14
Void Eater
Account deleted
Ah, but now it will take a few years in order to find an artist that can truly capture such an invigorating musical experience in visual format.
29.05.2012 - 23:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha yeah, what the hell is up with that "complex" music crap?
I'm sure it'll be epic and somewhat progressive, but seriously? He sounds like me when I'm drunk and I'm trying to explain to people who are listening to stuff like Dead By April, Takida and all that "radio metal/rock" why they are inferior to me and that my taste in metal is soooo much more tr00 than theirs.
----
29.05.2012 - 23:24
pyrz
80 minutes isn't too much.
29.05.2012 - 23:40
Uldreth
Written by Warman on 29.05.2012 at 23:21

Depends on how we look at it, while the way they said it was really pretentious, it can make sense.

Look at the new Sylosis album, one of the most frequent criticism it got is that it is too long as it is 70+ minutes. Which is somewhat true, it IS quite hard to sit through it in one go even if the music on it is excellent. I would not say it is oh-so-complex or hard-to-understand or anything but it IS a hard listen. Sylosis plays a bit harsher genre than Wintersun does though but whether the new WS album is complex or not, sitting through 80 mins of it might be a hard listen even if the music is good, so I'd say that is a fair point.

Like I said, it DID come across as pretentious but I do get the feeling people just purposefully grab at any opportunity to bash this band, it is a bit silly to see "OMGZ DEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TWO ALBUMS OR AN LP + EP" for let's say Sylosis and now when WS does just that it gets ridiculed.
29.05.2012 - 23:47
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Dudes, calm yo tits, the "complex music" part is most probably a joke from Jari he's known to kid around like that every once in a while.
----
7.0 means the album is good
29.05.2012 - 23:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Uldreth on 29.05.2012 at 23:40

Like I said, it DID come across as pretentious but I do get the feeling people just purposefully grab at any opportunity to bash this band, it is a bit silly to see "OMGZ DEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TWO ALBUMS OR AN LP + EP" for let's say Sylosis and now when WS does just that it gets ridiculed.

Totally and even I are sometimes one of them, even though I have Wintersun in my favourite bands on my profile. I think it has to do with, at least talking for myself, that back in the days when the Wintersun album was first released EVERYONE praised it ALL THE TIME. It was ridiculous, I admit I was one of them. And it didn't go on for a short period of time. It went on for years. I even think the album was at number 1 on our top album list several times. For some reason this has now back-fired and I believe that several of us who back then couldn't shut up about the album, now has grown tired of it. Ah, I don't know, just speaking out of my own point of view.
But yes, people do grab any opportunity to bash this band. But hey, Wintersun's surely not the only band on MS taking all the insults.
----
30.05.2012 - 00:01
Uldreth
Written by Warman on 29.05.2012 at 23:54

Totally and even I are sometimes one of them, even though I have Wintersun in my favourite bands on my profile. I think it has to do with, at least talking for myself, that back in the days when the Wintersun album was first released EVERYONE praised it ALL THE TIME. It was ridiculous, I admit I was one of them. And it didn't go on for a short period of time. It went on for years. I even think the album was at number 1 on our top album list several times. For some reason this has now back-fired and I believe that several of us who back then couldn't shut up about the album, now has grown tired of it. Ah, I don't know, just speaking out of my own point of view.
But yes, people do grab any opportunity to bash this band. But hey, Wintersun's surely not the only band on MS taking all the insults.

Yep, I went through that phase as well, and now the first album barely means anything to me aside from memories, but hey, I do remember what effect it had on me when I first heard it, so I do sort of understand where does that fanboyism come from.

And yes, it IS overhyped and overrated, however, conversely I think people who are saying it is an average power metal album (or just take all opportunities to try and discredit them) are just as blinded (in this case, by disdain) as the blind fanboys are. It is the same shit -core bands and albums get, like, some of the hatred is surely justified but it morphed into a blind trend that ignores any reason that would show the flipside.
30.05.2012 - 00:09
strade
It's all about the money.

One time I tried listening to the first album and was bored by the third song.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
30.05.2012 - 00:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Calling it now: this album is gonna be dogshit. Also, Time I & Time II: ca$h grab?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.05.2012 - 00:41
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Just release the fucking album already and let's get this shit over with.
30.05.2012 - 00:43
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 29.05.2012 at 23:21

I'm sure it'll be epic and somewhat progressive, but seriously? He sounds like me when I'm drunk and I'm trying to explain to people who are listening to stuff like Dead By April, Takida and all that "radio metal/rock" why they are inferior to me and that my taste in metal is soooo much more tr00 than theirs.

I think he's just saying their are complex song structures. I don't think he's saying it's "superior." Just that it's complex, sorta in the same way some Symphony X songs are "complex." I can't sit and listen to some bands, especially prog for an hour and 20 minutes playing songs like that. He's just saying the music will be easier to chew in 40 minute bites because its not easy listening.
30.05.2012 - 00:46
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 30.05.2012 at 00:38

Time I & Time II: ca$h grab?

Yeah, cause artists get rich off album sales now.

I love how every trolling argument on this thread can be rebuked with a little common sense.
30.05.2012 - 00:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 00:46

Yeah, cause artists get rich off album sales now.

I love how every trolling argument on this thread can be rebuked with a little common sense.

Alright, I wasn't even trolling and frankly I don't know why I said cash grab, cuz you're right. No one buys albums anymore except for those psychopaths that want a physical copy of an album in order to read liner notes.

But I'm still callling it, barring some kind of miracle, this album's gonna be dogshit.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.05.2012 - 00:56
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Rulatore on 29.05.2012 at 20:35

First

Edit: Fuck, seconds late

That is the most intelligent post I've ever seen.
30.05.2012 - 00:57
wormdrink414
Elite
Pretty excited. Still get an itch to listen to Wintersun every now and then, just can't stand the first album anymore. Overplayed it years ago.
30.05.2012 - 01:08
strade
Written by LeChron James on 30.05.2012 at 00:56

No one buys albums anymore except for those psychopaths that want a physical copy of an album in order to read liner notes.

That's bullshit.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
30.05.2012 - 01:17
X5452
Account deleted
How can 80 minutes not fit on a CD? I don´t get it.
30.05.2012 - 02:56
Arcticus
Well, the previous 49 comments were an interesting read
The album? I don't care one way or another. Also, fiftieth - does that mean I win?
30.05.2012 - 02:59
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
***SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH***
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
30.05.2012 - 03:25
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Well... at least we have some news. That's something surprising giving the circumstances.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
30.05.2012 - 04:04
Jiri
At least we will get to hear Time I before the world ends
30.05.2012 - 04:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Jiri on 30.05.2012 at 04:04

Bah, I already made a joke about that in the Time 1 thread.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.05.2012 - 04:10
Stabby
Account deleted
Not as epic. I was planning on locking myself in my room for days and memorizing how every single part of every song goes, and now that will be slashed in half, and done twice. And the second time won't be as epic, I might even maintain contact with the outside world and go to work.

Oh well, at least they are releasing something. I'm still happy.
30.05.2012 - 04:39
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Milena on 29.05.2012 at 23:47

Dudes, calm yo tits.

We miss you, girl. Stop studying and get back here.

By the way, I just noticed... 80 min of music? Two albums? "Hard to listen" record? We have the Lulu of 2012 right here folks.
30.05.2012 - 05:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.05.2012 at 04:10

Ya you were totally the first person to make a joke about Wintersun.

-_-
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.05.2012 - 05:54
Jiri
Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.05.2012 at 04:10

Written by Jiri on 30.05.2012 at 04:04

Yeah, I am not a loser that reads other peoples' comments before I comment
30.05.2012 - 05:55
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
A 40 minute album isn't epic. Why not a 2 disk album? Therion's gothic Kabbalah would fit on 1 disk if you cut the shortest song off it.

Written by LeChron James on 30.05.2012 at 00:56

No one buys albums anymore except for those psychopaths that want a physical copy of an album in order to read liner notes.

G'day.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
30.05.2012 - 07:40
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Longer, harder listens make "getting it" all the more enjoyable though ...:hopeless:
30.05.2012 - 08:29
Kuroboshi
I think it's amazing how much comments Wintersun generate. That in itself is a feat.
30.05.2012 - 09:08
DahliaRock
"Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled Time I & Time II"

way too much time in their hands

Hits total: 8909 | This month: 18