Metal Storm logo
Zero Hour: Spects of pictures burnt beyond - Prog metal masterpiece

09.11.2006 - 17:46
Hellish Star
So, Zero Hour released their 4 th (when you count the first album apart the 5th) album and it is once again a progressive metal masterpiece. Nowadays Chris Salinas (see also Power Of Omens - real prog fans know this fantastic band) is a part of the band, he's the new vocalist. If you like progressive metal, let's say a mix between Dream Theater and Watchtower than you will for sure love this album. Chris is an outstanding singer and the music really kicks ass.

Check them at: www.myspace.com/zerohourband

or

wwww.zerohourweb.com
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
10.11.2006 - 02:00
Eternal Flames
I haven't heard the new album yet but their previous work is just amazing. Fred Marshall was a great vocalist. He had a really powerful voice, but from the little I've heard from Power Of Omens, I am sure that Chris Salinas will not dissappoint either. Erik Rosvold was also a very good vocalist. My favourite album would have to be A Fragile Mind. It's unbelievably original and unique. The guitar work is just simply amazing. Unique, technical... really shows how talented Tipton is. Simply a great band, I would recommend anyone listen to them.
11.11.2006 - 22:19
Soliloquy
i'm listening to their songs rigth now...i like what i hear. neat rhythm. and they sound too heavy for prog metal. but maybe they are heavy/prog or soemthing? idk. i'm liking it
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
13.11.2006 - 19:29
DreamWeaver
elite
Well, I agree this album is great, way better than the previous one, although it can't be compared with the true materpiece: Towers of Avarice. Funny you mentioned about Chris Salinas, I would never have imagined that it was him singing. Comparing the high pitched vocal Chris uses in Power of Omens to the ones in Zero Hour, you can't really tell is the same singer.
----