07. It Ain't Over Till It's Over
08. Steel Town
09. Chewin' The Fat
10. Get Busy Livin'
11. Armed And Dangerous
12. Overdrive
13. Back On The Bottle
14. Loaded Gun [Digipak bonus]
15. My Dynamite Will Blow You Sky High (And Get Ya Moanin' After Midnight) [Digipak bonus]
16. Rattle Your Bones [Digipak bonus]
17. Kickin' It Old School [Digipak bonus]
18. Devil's Child [Digipak bonus]

Do you like AC/DC? Do you love them so much that you even want to hear a virtually identical copy of them? Then let me introduce you to your new second favourite band: Airbourne. Airbourne is a band that, believe it or not, hails from Australia, the homeland of Angus and Malcolm. The origin of both bands is not the only similarity to be found here, actually, the fact that these bands don't share the same name might very well be the only obvious difference between them...

I think it should be clear to you how Airbourne sounds, right? They're an AC/DC copy like you've never heard one before. The riffs, solos, rhythms and lyrics seem to be coming straight from Highway To Hell or Back In Black, or any other album from the Brian Johnson era. The only thing that is even remotely different are the vocals, because, let's face it, who can copy Brian Johnson or Bon Scott? Compare this album to an essay you copied from one of your classmates - which is basically a stupid thing to do, just like this album - the text of that essay is exactly the same, but the writing in which it is written is not your friend's writing.

Of course, if you are a big Angus Young fan and you just want as many similar-sounding songs as possible then you should check this out. It's also obvious that these songs aren't really made to listen to on your iPod, they are made to be played live by the band. Having seen the band live myself, I can say they do put on an exciting show that's just fun to go to.

Essentially, there are three options here:

1. You can ignore this album if you don't like AC/DC, or if you're satisfied with what they have put out over the years and don't need anything "new".

2. If you can't get enough of the aforementioned band and don't care about listening to an exact copy of your favourite band, even though it's not the real thing, then go ahead and buy this one.

3. You don't know whether you like them or not? Go see the band live and decide afterwards.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 4
Originality: 3
Production: 7

Written by Zap | 30.05.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 48 users
30.05.2012 - 18:02
Lit.
Account deleted
I think we've made all of this clear over 2 years ago.
30.05.2012 - 18:08
Zap
Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 18:02

I think we've made all of this clear over 2 years ago.

Well I wasn't on Metal Storm then, and I saw the album didn't have a review yet... Sorry, please forgive me
30.05.2012 - 21:07
Jack---

"3. You don't know whether you like them or not? Go see the band live and decide afterwards."

Then everyone is going to love them, cause' they are freaking awesome live!
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..
30.05.2012 - 21:42
Zap
Written by Jack--- on 30.05.2012 at 21:07

"3. You don't know whether you like them or not? Go see the band live and decide afterwards."

Then everyone is going to love them, cause' they are freaking awesome live!

They do put on a fun show indeed. When I saw them the singer climbed to the top of the stage to play a solo, I had seen people do that before but never with a guitar, pretty cool.
31.05.2012 - 12:42
Rating: 7
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Technically, Scotland is the Young brothers' homeland.
You forgot the 4th option: You thought Runnin' Wild was awsome and wanted to hear the followup.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
31.05.2012 - 18:41
Zap
Written by M C Vice on 31.05.2012 at 12:42

Technically, Scotland is the Young brothers' homeland.
You forgot the 4th option: You thought Runnin' Wild was awsome and wanted to hear the followup.

I did not know that, then again, there is a ton I don't know about AC/DC...
I thought Runnin' Wild was more or less equal to No Guts. No Glory.
EDIT: Oh, I didn't get it at first. Yeah, that might be a fourth option, it's too late now though.
03.06.2012 - 22:32
Olli

Fair review, these guys do write fairly good songs but with zero originality.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

Hits total: 2772 | This month: 5