Metal Storm logo
Thunderstone - Will Participate On Eurovision Pre-Selections

A press conference today saw broadcaster YLE announce the names of the twelve acts that will join in the contest to represent Finland when the contest takes place in Helsinki next May.

The acts taking part are:
Laura Voutilainen
Hanna Pakarinen
Johanna Kurkela
Katra
Beats and Styles
Humane
Jani and the Jetsetters
Jukka Kuoppamäki
Kentala
Lovex
Thunderstone
Jann Wilde and Rose Avenue

The artists were chosen after discussions with Finnish record companies and the host broadcaster YLE.

There will be four semi-finals, each featuring two songs from three of the acts. The viewers will get to decide which of the two songs should go through to the national final that will take place on 17 February 2007.

Jani and the Jetsetters, Hanna Pakarinen and metal band Thunderstone will compete in first heat.

This way of choosing a song proved successful in 2006; when Lordi went on to win the Eurovision Song Contest in Athens. It also proved popular with participants as it meant each act was sure of a place in the national final.

Source: finmetalnews.com
Band profile: Thunderstone
Posted: 09.11.2006 by MetalGod

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 0 users
09.11.2006 - 21:38
Bas
Retired Staff
nice, Thunderstone is a great band, and they'd deserve it much more then Lordi in my opinion
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
10.11.2006 - 13:46
Promonex
Cathemeral
And great to see that the rumours about Tarja Turunen, HIM and The Rasmus weren't true. I seriously wouldn't want to see The Rasmus at the Eurovision. It was atrocious enough when Scooter made it into Germany's national finals.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
10.11.2006 - 15:24
matthioso

I think these guys saw the succes Lordi had and want to have te same. just about the money. too bad.
----
www.seedofrock.be
10.11.2006 - 17:21
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Written by matthioso on 10.11.2006 at 15:24

I think these guys saw the succes Lordi had and want to have te same. just about the money. too bad.

I agree. Why the hell Thunderstone had to go and participate.. *sigh* Oh well, at least they will become better known in Europe if they manage to get to the finals. Though I think that Lovex will win the pre-elections.
11.11.2006 - 11:31
wrathchild

Pffff... First, just as it was the case with Lordi, Thunderstone probably didn't think "oh yeah, let's do the Eurovision and win plenty of money!" Lordi were called by Finnish representants, they were the first to be surprised to be asked to participate and the first to be surprised to even win the competition!

And now, aren't you all glad that we can finally see metal bands on public TV channels? In France and in many other countries, it NEVER happens, so let Eurovision be metal and show all those who think "metal is all about violence and retard people" that they're wrong.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
11.11.2006 - 16:13
Promonex
Cathemeral
A band competes to represent its country on home-ground in an international contest and would like to help giving Finnish music another face than the one of the unsuccessful, bland and cliché-driven Schlager music and rather represents the side of Finland, which manages to get bands like Children Of Bodom on top of the charts, and all the kvlt kiddies blame them for selling out. When Lordi won the contest, people dreamed of Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Blind Guardian and In Flames representing their countries, and now that one metal band decides to go that step all the metal heads complain - it's always the same
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 2267 | This month: 14