Metal Storm logo
Against The Plagues - Unveil New Album Title And Tracklist

Chicago-based melodic death metallers Against The Plagues have set The Quaternion as the title of their upcoming new album and follow-up to Decoding The Mainframe. The band plans to release the new album in the summer.

The band released the following statement about the new album: "We are currently wrapping up the production of the new Against The Plagues album. As we are nearing the release, we felt that it was time to reveal the album's title and details. We decided to call this collection The Quaternion since the album features four extensive pieces that correspond to one conceptual idea. This concept underlines the theme and philosophy of Against The Plagues. We feel that over the past six years, the listeners of 'extreme metal' have been denied and robbed of the essence of metal's original intentions, class, and quality. We are hoping, with this album, that perhaps yesterday's listeners will revive their estranged relationship with extreme music. We also hope that new ears will catch a glimpse of this craft before it completely dies out in North America."

The Quaternion tracklist in no particular order:

Man's Modern World
Theokratia
The Praetorian Icon
Enemy Herein

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Against The Plagues
Posted: 31.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 30 users
31.05.2012 - 21:25
Stabby
Account deleted
"We feel that over the past six years, the listeners of 'extreme metal' have been denied and robbed of the essence of metal's original intentions, class, and quality. We are hoping, with this album, that perhaps yesterday's listeners will revive their estranged relationship with extreme music."

Bit conceited there guys. Just sayin'.

Oh well, I don't care as long as it's good.
31.05.2012 - 21:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
What he said. Also, the day metal is in the hands of a melo-death band, we might as well just consider the entire scene dead.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.05.2012 - 22:27
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.05.2012 at 21:44

What he said. Also, the day metal is in the hands of a melo-death band, we might as well just consider the entire scene dead.

I'd say the day metal is in the hands of a *place any metal sub-genre here* band, we might as well just consider the entire scene dead. I consider metal such a rich and unique music style due to its vast variety of genres and influences.

The little I know from these guys is pretty nice in my opinion, so lets hope this turns out to be a good album as well.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 2504 | This month: 9