Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses - Slash T-Shirts Banned From London Show

It seems that apparently not only is Slash not welcome at any Guns N' Roses shows, but neither are Slash T-shirts.

According to British music magazine NME, a fan at GNR's May 31 concert at London's O2 Arena, who showed up a wearing a Slash T-shirt, was forced by security to remove his shirt at the door. The concertgoer, 18-year-old James Revell, grudgingly abided and entered the venue bare-chested.

When NME asked O2's security if there was in fact an official ban on Slash shirts, the answer was: "We were told by the management not to allow anyone into the O2 Arena who is wearing a Slash T-shirt, and we are asking anyone who is to remove it and if they refuse they will be turned away."

O2 security stated that this ban applied even to audience members sitting in the very back rows of the 20,000-capacity venue.

Said Revell: "I felt very angry because I was looking after my little brother at the time, and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me. However, I did not react angrily, as I didn't want to spoil the show for him."

He added: "I have never experienced anything as insulting as that at a concert before and I had to sit there in my little brother's jumper (sweater) and wait for Axl to turn up well over an hour late, which we could only stay to watch three songs as we had to catch a train back. I think that Axl Rose doesn't appreciate his fans or anyone for that matter, he needs to grow up and stop acting like a child."

As well as this, the band has been criticised on their UK tour for their late starts.

Source: music.yahoo.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses
Posted: 04.06.2012 by LeChron James

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 290 users
04.06.2012 - 14:11
Athropos
Burning inside
How ridiculous.
04.06.2012 - 14:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Axl is a fucking asshat.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.06.2012 - 14:37
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I'm banning myself from going to Axl's shows.
04.06.2012 - 15:28
PocketMetal
How butthurt can axl be ?
04.06.2012 - 16:04
I don't understand how anyone could actually still be a fan of Axl Rose or go to any of his shows. This fuckhead should be banned from music.
04.06.2012 - 16:11
ianathema
The band itself should be banned forever, fucking pop crap
04.06.2012 - 16:48
mark_roh
The story seems a bit far-fetched but if this did happen, they were seriously asking people to remove their clothing if it had some other guys name on it? What if it were a girl wearing a Slash t-shirt? Would they ask them to remove it too? I'm sure they would have kicked up more of a fuss if that were the case.
04.06.2012 - 16:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
O yes GnR is wussies nowdays totaly sucks, I never will go and never will remove anything because scurity or organisers ask, bands live because of fans, dont fuck whit fans , or we can strike beck harder
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2012 - 19:03
Riscannon
Axel is a bitch!
04.06.2012 - 19:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
He is metal douche royalty.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.06.2012 - 20:19
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Quote:
and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me

What a dramatic guy.
04.06.2012 - 20:21
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Why this band is still alive?? Axl could just.... die!
04.06.2012 - 20:33
.Nick
Looks promising for Graspop.
04.06.2012 - 20:47
Abattoir
Staff
This rose has faded long time ago...
04.06.2012 - 21:53
Wraith000
WTF ?
----
\m/ - - \m/
04.06.2012 - 21:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Sounds made up to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.06.2012 - 22:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 04.06.2012 at 16:04

I don't understand how anyone could actually still be a fan of Axl Rose or go to any of his shows. This fuckhead should be banned from music.

Couldn't have said better myself.
----
04.06.2012 - 23:53
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Axl should be banned from calling this band Guns n' Roses because he has turned the whole thing into a circus with a revolving door of musicians and decades between albums and strange anti-social behaviour. If this story of someone having to remove a Slash t-shirt is true then the "management" of this ridiculous operation need to take a long hard look at themselves and grow up.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
05.06.2012 - 00:00
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 04.06.2012 at 21:57

Sounds made up to me.

Yes... he could have simply turned the shirt inside out.
05.06.2012 - 00:09
Lit.
Account deleted

I wanna see Slash's reaction on this.
05.06.2012 - 01:09
kingeryck
Everyone should sneak Slash shirts into their shows now.
05.06.2012 - 01:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Fake story is fake. Pissed off fan wants his five minutes of fame and capitalized on a musician whose recent activities have given this story an ounce of legitimacy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.06.2012 - 03:56
John Sandman
I will not waste my money on Axl and his hired guns... Late shows and kicks out fans of his show.
05.06.2012 - 06:20
bran
Written by kingeryck on 05.06.2012 at 01:09

Everyone should sneak Slash shirts into their shows now.

why dozens of people show up to gnr concerts all the time dressed in slash shirts and dressed up like slash all the time and are not kicked out.
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
05.06.2012 - 06:30
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
What about a Slash wig and top hat? And do they check that nobody is wearing Slash underpants?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
05.06.2012 - 07:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.06.2012 at 01:18

Fake story is fake. Pissed off fan wants his five minutes of fame and capitalized on a musician whose recent activities have given this story an ounce of legitimacy.

That was my reaction. Just because Axl acts like a dick enough, people can accuse him of all sorts of bizarre, outlandish shit, and get taken seriously. Intros argument basically renders this entire story a farce:

Written by Introspekrieg on 05.06.2012 at 00:00

If there is any legitimacy to this story, I'd bank more on concert promoters creating this rule to play things safe, tip-toe so they don't wind up with any issues caused by Axl storming off stage.

The thing that strikes me as odd about this whole thing, is why this decision happened now? He's been back on tour since like 2006, and nothing of this sort has been mentioned before...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.06.2012 - 08:38
bran
Written by Doc G. on 05.06.2012 at 07:31

Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.06.2012 at 01:18

That was my reaction. Just because Axl acts like a dick enough, people can accuse him of all sorts of bizarre, outlandish shit, and get taken seriously. Intros argument basically renders this entire story a farce:

If there is any legitimacy to this story, I'd bank more on concert promoters creating this rule to play things safe, tip-toe so they don't wind up with any issues caused by Axl storming off stage.

The thing that strikes me as odd about this whole thing, is why this decision happened now? He's been back on tour since like 2006, and nothing of this sort has been mentioned before...

there was a story of this a couple years ago where a security guy was hassling a guy for wearing a slash shirt or whatever and a freind of the band saw this and told security to leave the guy alone
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
05.06.2012 - 12:17
Andreas

Written by Doc G. on 04.06.2012 at 21:57

Sounds made up to me.

Because he could turn it outside out again once he was in.

Not saying that I necessarily believe the story...
05.06.2012 - 12:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hasn't Axl ejected/attacked fans in the past for wearing Slash stuff or calling his name out at shows? I feel sure something like this has happened in the past... I wouldn't take it for granted that this story is fake...
05.06.2012 - 18:35
TheLostChord
Haha i hate that band

Hits total: 5615 | This month: 15