05. Ready An' Willing
06. Don't Break My Heart Again
07. Take Me With You
08. Ready To Rock
09. If You Want Me
10. All I Want Is You
11. Dog
12. Crying In The Rain [bonus]

Only some months after the excellent DVD "Live In The Still Of The Night" David Coverdale and his guys of Whitesnake are back for a new live album recorded during their 2006 tour. But this 2 CDs album is also a way to discover the upcoming Whitesnake's album, which should be released in 2007, through four new studio recording songs that you'll be able to find at the end of the second CD, and believe me it's promising?

First, let's start this review with the "Live" recording. If you like Whitesnake, you'll not be deceived by this new live. First, all the hits are there, "Crying In The Rain", "Is This Love", "Give Me All Your Love Tonight", "Still Of The Night" but above all it's a Whitesnake as its top that you'll be able to listen to. Coverdale is better than ever and the performance of Doug Aldrich and the others musicians is simply perfect. The recording is extremely good and it's easy to listen to the musicians like the crazy crowd who sing along with the band on all the songs. With a perfect sound a great general ambiance and a lot of great music (but that's Whitesnake after all right?) this live album is a must, if you want to discover this great Hard Rock band or if you just want to see that they're still alive and ready to rock?

Now, let's talk a bit about the four new songs. No doubt, it's Whitesnake, but believe me it's great Whitesnake. The first song "Ready To Rock" is a powerful and heavy Hard Rock song with a catchy melody and a nice rock n roll spirit. It's really good and if the next album follows this way, it should be a great album. Of course the others three songs are nice too, we have a classic Whitesnake ballad "All I want Is You" and two others great rock n roll songs, "Dog" and "If You Want Me (I'll Come Running)". The level is high and you can be sure that the next album will be a good one (if the others songs are in the vein of those ones of course). The addition and the influences of Doug Aldrich is probably one of the best things for the band and well anyway, just buy this CD, you'll understand what I mean?

If you love Whitesnake or if you just like Hard Rock, this album is a must. I'm happy to see that Coverdale is still able to do great live performances, that his voice is still excellent and that he doesn't lack of inspiration to write new songs. "Live In The Shadow Of The Blues" is a great live album and since that you'll be able to listen to new songs, I really recommend you this release. It's must, I have nothing to add except maybe that I hope that some young Metalheads will forget some of their favourite bands five minutes to follow my tip to try to discover this band through this album. After all that's history?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 10

Written by Jeff | 05.12.2006

Comments

Comments: 0   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 11 users

Hits total: 6559 | This month: 10