Metal Storm logo
Lullacry - what style do they represent?

18.05.2006 - 23:22
Arwen
Well there have been lots of fight and trouble over this band.

But first for those who don't know them...

Originating from Finland's capital Helsinki, LULLACRY released their debut full-length Sweet Desire in 1998 on Heart, Trust and Respect Records to move on to sign to Spinefarm Records for their sophomore release Be My God in 2001, which was also the first part of the licensing activity by Century Media Records for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux and North America, helping them to further expand their growing worldwide fanbase. The release was promoted with a European tour supporting Edguy which achieved amazing reactions for the band and reassured that their material is tailor-made for the stage.

After parting ways with their then-vocalist Tanya due to musical differences in 2002, LULLACRY secured a perfect replacement to front the group in the almost identically named Tanja, and quickly moved on to work on their acclaimed third album entitled Crucify My Heart as well as the "Fire Within" EP in 2004.

When they were playing in Estonia in 2004 (I think it was -Green Christmas-not sure ) I was at the front 'cause I couldn't miss the chance to catch the gig totally. Honoustly I was a bit dissapointed because the live was a little boring. So I've been listening them for years...and I know that none of the bands can be totally classified to one of the styles but still - they have a way at least. Some say they're gothic metal...they say they play "heavy rock"

So here's my quetion...what do YOU think?
05.06.2006 - 15:28
Shojo
Account deleted
This is really a difficult question because I only listened to their album "Crucify my heart". On last.fm, I tagged them as "Hard rock". Maybe they can be also considered as "Gothic Rock", refering to bands like The 69 Eyes. According to metalstorm.ee their style is "Suomi Metal". Maybe this is due to the fact that they're using a lot of melodic elements in their songs, their music is a little bit melancholic and they are "playing" with religious symbols. And, after all, their music is quite radio-friendly. That's the reason why I would classify them as "Hard Rock".

But of course I can be totally wrong.
05.06.2006 - 16:21
hottercraft
Hmmm... is said that Lullacry represent the Suomi Metal, which is the stlye that Sentenced (for example) represent too. But... I think that Lullacry is a mix of Power, Gothic Metal and Hard/Rock, they don't really sound metallic, it sounds more hard/rock. Well, "Crucify my Heart" is their best CD.
Definetly Hard/Rock, like Shojo has said.
05.06.2006 - 18:21
LeDruide
I would say Heavy Rock, a music full of energy (listen to Fire Within to understand) with relativelly simple melodies (good quality anyway, love them). On the website, they told they made Gothic Heavy Rock, but as far as I can remember, I don't see anything gothic. I won't call it hard rock either, sounds not like that. Well, just my mind, and never really understood the Suomi genre definition.
05.06.2006 - 19:15
KryptoN
imperceptible
I can't see anything gothic in them either. It's useless to try to classify them but if I had to say something, I'd say they play a mix of hard rock and heavy metal. The sound has certain darkness in it at times (especially the debut) but on the other hand many of the songs are really happy too. "Suomi metal" is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
05.06.2006 - 20:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I only have "crucify my heart" and i think they are hard/rock. But then again I only have one cd. And I like it a lot actually. About Suomi metal I think its crap cuz if we notice bands like For My Pain and HIM are rock bands, at least thats what I think.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.06.2006 - 07:14
dagnytaggart
Account deleted
Crappy style? Lol.
To be more on topic and not just make a nothing post, I'd say hard rock.
06.06.2006 - 23:47
Dam3k
Well... I exactly dunno which style but for sure they ain't gothic, gothic dead time ago... I think suomi metal is the most correct style to define this band
----

07.07.2006 - 08:17
Arwen
About dead you're wrong

it's changed but never dead...

and yees I also can't name the style gothic. but somewhere near rock...soft...
09.07.2006 - 05:54
Daru Jericho
Hard rock-ish, I'd say too. I really fail to see the gothic elements but then again, I bet a lot of people who list them as gothic do so because they have a female vocalist. Either way, I'm not too keen on this band at all.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

12.07.2006 - 04:35
Bitch Boy
They can be considered as depressive hard rock or maybe gothic rock, but they definitely aren't gothic metal. I wouldn't consider them as metal.
22.09.2006 - 12:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know if thay are metal music, its more gothic roch. something from lil pop rock and gothic music elemsnts, some songs are good some not so and lyricsly well band can be lil better, usualy that kind a bands are lil poetical specely from sorrofull country
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.05.2017 - 16:10
abysss
Sweet Desire and Be My God are the best of their albums IMO, although Crucify My Heart has some great songs too, I prefer the Tanya's era, not just vocally, also instrumentally.