Metal Storm logo
Dew-Scented - Premiere New Single, Unveil New Album Tracklist

"Sworn To Obey", a brand new song from German thrashers Dew-Scented has premiered and can be streamed below.

"Sworn To Obey" is taken from the band's upcoming album entitled Icarus, scheduled for release on July 27th in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, July 30th in the rest of Europe via Metal Blade Records and July 31st in North America via Prosthetic Records.

Vocalist Leif Jensen commented about the single: "'Sworn To Obey' was an obvious candidate to open up the new album and it was actually one of the very last tracks we finished in the songwriting sessions for Icarus. Already when working on the final arrangements for the song, we knew it would become an extremely heavy and catchy piece! Kicking in after the anthem-like 'Hubris' instrumental intro, 'Sworn To Obey' is a sweet punch in the gut in true Dew-Scented style and smoothly helps to set the album's pace in the right fashion! I simply love the lead-guitar part and the crazy bass-lines afterwards. I'm sure this one will be real fun to play live..."

Icarus tracklist:

01. Hubris (Intro)
02. Sworn To Obey
03. Thrown To The Lions
04. Storm Within
05. Gleaming Like Silver
06. By My Own Hand
07. The Fall Of Man
08. Reawakening
09. Destined To Collapse
10. A Final Procession
11. Perpetuated
12. In Dying Mode [limited edition bonus]
13. Steady Decline [Prong cover] [limited edition bonus]
14. No Spiritual Surrender [Inside Out cover] [limited edition bonus]

Source: dew-scented.net
Band profile: Dew-Scented
Posted: 05.06.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 52 users
05.06.2012 - 14:10
Storchillarn

These guys are so fucking talented. Anyone looking for extreme thrash metal with some Gothenburg touches need not look further, just pick up Invocation and be done with it.
05.06.2012 - 19:58
CrowKiller

Yeah but also the entire line up save for the vocalist have been changed. So technically it is an entirely new band on the new album.
06.06.2012 - 00:11
.Nick

Sounds good, Invocation was a pretty decent album. Only the vocals got a bit boring after a while.
13.06.2012 - 15:26
machiavelli
Account deleted
Yes, I bought Issue VI and played the shit out of it... so when I first listened to Invocation I wasn't motivated to invest listening to it... I think Leif sounds a lot like the Vader vocalist but not as varied... As ripping as this sounded I'm worried I'll feel the same way about as Invocation... those vox need to vary.

Hits total: 3034 | This month: 4