Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Rocks Thrown At The Band In Metalfest Croatia

According to Venia-Mag.net, the final evening (June 5) of the first ever Croatian Metalfest Open Air ended up pretty badly for headliners Megadeth, who were forced to reduce their set after being thrown rocks at. The crowd is said to have been devastated because W.A.S.P. and Dark Tranquillity cancelled their sets due to technical problems and blamed Megadeth for it. Reportedly, W.A.S.P. and Megadeth had some arguments that led to the cancellation of the shows and the fans didn't approve of this.

Dark Tranquillity posted the following on their Facebook page: "To our Croatian fans: we're sorry for the cancellation of our show at today's Metalfest, but the festival changed the playing schedule around so that it would have been logistically and technically impossible for us to perform at the new time slot. We were really looking forward to the show and hope to return as soon as possible."

Megadeth, however, haven't released any official statement yet, but the band's Facebook page is filled with comments from Croatian fans apologizing for what happened. More details should be revealed soon.

Source: venia-mag.net
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 06.06.2012 by bokimaniac

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 80   Visited by: 508 users
07.06.2012 - 15:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Oaken on 07.06.2012 at 12:45
Do Dark Tranquility and W.A.S.P have anything that is against Mustaine's beliefs?

Ya, they don't feature Dave Mustaine.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.06.2012 - 16:23
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.06.2012 at 15:59

Written by Oaken on 07.06.2012 at 12:45
Do Dark Tranquility and W.A.S.P have anything that is against Mustaine's beliefs?

Ya, they don't feature Dave Mustaine.

He's a real douche bag.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
07.06.2012 - 16:32
IronAngel

I don't even approve of booing, really. It's not some fucking democratic market meeting, it's a business transaction: I give money and a band gives me music. You have no right to boo over my purchase. If I go to a restaurant and order a bowl of soup, you have no right to come piss in it because you dislike the way the cook prepares vegetables. I see no difference.

Edit: I mean sure, I guess you can express your disappointment inbetween songs, in moderation. But it's another thing to disrupt the concert by making excessive noise over the band playing/speaking. The same goes for cheering, it's very irritating when people do it in the wrong places.
07.06.2012 - 17:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Well technically everyone has the right to do those things - it just makes them a douche for doing so.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.06.2012 - 07:48
Surion

I don't understand how they can throw rocks to that great band, whatever reason they could have can't justify that kind of violence...they should be grateful that some good bands go to their country and do festivals and that kind of gigs. Instead in my country there has never been a festival with at least two decent bands....what a shame.

P.S. Wether or not you think Dave is a dick or whatever, can never be justified with violence.
----
Ereßµ§ ø? ßløøð
08.06.2012 - 15:42
nicaZe
Savatage
So in the end, is Dave stricken by a rock or that is just a big bomb
08.06.2012 - 22:58
Veil of Maya

Megadeth joins the ranks of Nickelback it seems, when they played that gig in Portugal.
09.06.2012 - 00:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.06.2012 at 10:50

Anybody who thinks even remotely that it's good that the audience "responds" to something they don't like (with the stupid excuse "we bought the ticket") with rocks is a giant dick.

Totally agreed. Dave may be a complete pillock, but throwing rocks at him, or any performers on-stage just makes you look like a moronic douche.
09.06.2012 - 02:27
Zombie94

This is really disgusting. What a bunch of immature hooligans. That is not something music fans do to a performer. I agree that they have the right to be angry over the fact that the band they were led to believe would play, did not. But that wasn't Megadeth's fault, so even booing them like that is pretty lame.
10.06.2012 - 03:15
Mr. Blonde

Okay first off, I may be a bit biased here, but I'm a long time Megadeth fan who respects Dave for having the guts to be himself and not give a fuck what whoever thinks. Secondly, who gives two shits about WASP in 2012??????

Next up, I'm also a big fan of Dark Tranquillity. I can understand DT fans being upset, but they cancelled due to technical issues, not because Dave and company don't want to play a show with them. Anyone who is an actual fan of DT, and knows their lyrics and such, knows that they don't have any content that they (Megadeth) would object to anyways. And Megadeth never directly banned any band from a show anyways, some promoters did that.

After watching the video... Appalling, just appalling. And no offense to anyone, but just the chanting of "We want WASP, we want WASP" really makes Eastern Europe look like it's stuck in a fucking time warp. And the throwing of rocks makes Croatia look like a level-5 Euro country of scumminess.
10.06.2012 - 19:50
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 09.06.2012 at 00:21

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.06.2012 at 10:50

Anybody who thinks even remotely that it's good that the audience "responds" to something they don't like (with the stupid excuse "we bought the ticket") with rocks is a giant dick.

Totally agreed. Dave may be a complete pillock, but throwing rocks at him, or any performers on-stage just makes you look like a moronic douche.

There's no valid excuse for throwing rocks at performers on stage.
Not only is it extremely disrespectful but it is also dangerous.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
11.06.2012 - 02:10
Hammer Pie

He's angry again.
11.06.2012 - 10:55
Murder

Written by Mr. Blonde on 10.06.2012 at 03:15

Okay first off, I may be a bit biased here, but I'm a long time Megadeth fan who respects Dave for having the guts to be himself and not give a fuck what whoever thinks. Secondly, who gives two shits about WASP in 2012??????

Next up, I'm also a big fan of Dark Tranquillity. I can understand DT fans being upset, but they cancelled due to technical issues, not because Dave and company don't want to play a show with them. Anyone who is an actual fan of DT, and knows their lyrics and such, knows that they don't have any content that they (Megadeth) would object to anyways. And Megadeth never directly banned any band from a show anyways, some promoters did that.

After watching the video... Appalling, just appalling. And no offense to anyone, but just the chanting of "We want WASP, we want WASP" really makes Eastern Europe look like it's stuck in a fucking time warp. And the throwing of rocks makes Croatia look like a level-5 Euro country of scumminess.

+1
13.06.2012 - 13:37
FARThagoth

Written by Cyroth on 07.06.2012 at 09:26

Around the 8th minute it starts to take some proportion

what a bunch of 40and some retards...
14.06.2012 - 21:28
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Nothing justifies violence, it's all about having good friendly violent fun, not asshole violent fun attacking a band you paid a ticket to see playing live.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
15.06.2012 - 22:01
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I heard Megadeth sound like shit live nowadays but really? Rocks?
----
rekt
15.06.2012 - 23:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by tea[m]ster on 15.06.2012 at 22:01

I heard Megadeth sound like shit live nowadays but really? Rocks?

Nowadays they are infinitely superior to back in the day. Back then they really sounded like crap live, even though Dave will most probably beg to differ
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2012 - 21:23
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.06.2012 at 23:14

Nowadays they are infinitely superior to back in the day. Back then they really sounded like crap live, even though Dave will most probably beg to differ

Hmmm, someone told me his voice is really bad now, true?
----
rekt
17.06.2012 - 21:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by tea[m]ster on 17.06.2012 at 21:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.06.2012 at 23:14

Hmmm, someone told me his voice is really bad now, true?

His voice is really bad now, indeed, but the band has never sounded tighter and Dave never played better guitar live either. they were extremely sloppy back in the day, even the Rust In Peace line-up made loads of mistakes live (the only one who delieverd live from that line-up was Friedman.)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2012 - 21:30
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Maybe they should play instrumental versions of the songs now, lol, or maybe someone else sing? That would go over with Dave real well, that crabby fucker
----
rekt

Hits total: 9619 | This month: 5