Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Rocks Thrown At The Band In Metalfest Croatia

According to Venia-Mag.net, the final evening (June 5) of the first ever Croatian Metalfest Open Air ended up pretty badly for headliners Megadeth, who were forced to reduce their set after being thrown rocks at. The crowd is said to have been devastated because W.A.S.P. and Dark Tranquillity cancelled their sets due to technical problems and blamed Megadeth for it. Reportedly, W.A.S.P. and Megadeth had some arguments that led to the cancellation of the shows and the fans didn't approve of this.

Dark Tranquillity posted the following on their Facebook page: "To our Croatian fans: we're sorry for the cancellation of our show at today's Metalfest, but the festival changed the playing schedule around so that it would have been logistically and technically impossible for us to perform at the new time slot. We were really looking forward to the show and hope to return as soon as possible."

Megadeth, however, haven't released any official statement yet, but the band's Facebook page is filled with comments from Croatian fans apologizing for what happened. More details should be revealed soon.

Source: venia-mag.net
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 06.06.2012 by bokimaniac

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 80   Visited by: 508 users
06.06.2012 - 20:55
Zap
I'd throw rocks at Dave for being a giant douche, but I'd also wanna see the show... priorities, they're tough.
06.06.2012 - 20:57
X5452
Account deleted
FUCKING HELL! Metalheads stop this insane behavior! Its not the metal way, its what stupid rednecks do. Don´t go down that road.
Such a sad day in metal history.
06.06.2012 - 20:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I'd throw a boulder at him if I could.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.06.2012 - 20:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dont mis football whit metal bad gay boys
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.06.2012 - 20:58
malaikat
I'm sorry, Zadar, but you seriously suck at organizing large events like Metalfest. Everybody can have a problem with drunken idiots, but this kind of stuff is happening way too often.

On the other side, if Dave really was such an asshole, go ahead, just aim better next time.
06.06.2012 - 21:02
Lit.
Account deleted
They threw rocks at megadeth because they couldn't see W.A.S.P.?
That's interesting...
06.06.2012 - 21:05
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.06.2012 at 21:02

They threw rocks at megadeth because they couldn't see W.A.S.P.?
That's interesting...

No, that's funny!
06.06.2012 - 21:08
John Shock
Written by Guest on 06.06.2012 at 20:57

FUCKING HELL! Metalheads stop this insane behavior! Its not the metal way, its what stupid rednecks do. Don´t go down that road.

Agree, such a stupid behavior from those metallers...fuck off them! That's not what we metallers do to bands, we treat them with respect so they can be proud of fans and do great music! ...That whats music is all about!
06.06.2012 - 21:09
Slayer666
From gobstoppers to rocks.... Shit's getting serious.
06.06.2012 - 21:13
John Shock
It's not the way, never...even if you stupid lunatics (not all), don't like Dave Mustaine...i still think there's so fucking haters arround the world!...And you Troy Killjoy, you make me sick! ...with all respect, you're just a stupid asshole and hater like many others! Go f*** yourself, and i hope someone could throw a boulder into your face...i bet it's better that way...what exemple do you make to the comunity with such a comment like that! I don't like Mustaine very much, but he's a person and a musician like many others! That's not a reason to treat musicians like that!
06.06.2012 - 21:20
Coolingsrock
This Would have never happened back in the so far,so good.... so what! ages.
Dave Would have been throwing elbows! lol
06.06.2012 - 21:26
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
According to people who were there, both Megadeth and WASP changed their minds and wanted the slot at 8PM, Megadeth got it, WASP got angry and left, this changed Dark Tranquillity's schedule and fans were pissed. Allegedly Megadeth weren't stoned (te-he), but booed off stage. Waiting for more people to confirm me this.

This is why Balkan can't have nice things.
----
7.0 means the album is good
06.06.2012 - 21:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13

It's not the way, never...even if you stupid lunatics (not all), don't like Dave Mustaine...i still think there's so fucking haters arround the world!...And you Troy Killjoy, you make me sick! ...with all respect, you're just a stupid asshole and hater like many others! Go f*** yourself, and i hope someone could throw a boulder into your face...i bet it's better that way...what exemple do you make to the comunity with such a comment like that! I don't like Mustaine very much, but he's a person and a musician like many others! That's not a reason to treat musicians like that!

Except for the fact that Mustaine is a big douchebag who gets bands banned from festivals just because is a christian wingnut. Honestly, he is probably the musician I respect the least, he's an immature asshole who can't wrap his head around other peoples beliefs. He has to learn that the world doesn't revolve around him. Also, Risk.

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

*Hucks rock*
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.06.2012 - 21:31
Slayer666

with all respect, you're just a stupid asshole and hater like many others! Go f*** yourself, and i hope someone could throw a boulder into your face.

I love how "with all respect" reflects the rest of your comment.
06.06.2012 - 21:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

Except for the fact that Mustaine is a big douchebag who gets bands banned from festivals just because is a christian wingnut.

Get your facts straight. He didn't get bands banned from a festival but from a one off show they were headlining. Although I disagree with the reason he didn't want to play with those bands it's still up to him to decide who he wants to play with when it's his show.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2012 - 21:35
Void Eater
Account deleted
I'd throw rocks at Wasp and Dark Tranquility so that they'd cancel and Megadeth would be able to perform longer.
06.06.2012 - 21:40
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2012 at 21:32

Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

Except for the fact that Mustaine is a big douchebag who gets bands banned from festivals just because is a christian wingnut.

Get your facts straight. He didn't get bands banned from a festival but from a one off show they were headlining. Although I disagree with the reason he didn't want to play with those bands it's still up to him to decide who he wants to play with when it's his show.

Sorry, my bad. But I mean, grow the fuck up. If he wanted to get a christian band, or a Islamic band , or some other religion band banned from a concert just beacuse of what they sing about, he would be in some deep shit.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.06.2012 - 21:43
Coolingsrock
Quote:
Quote:
BoxCar Willy

He has to learn that the world doesn't revolve around him. Also, Risk.

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

*Hucks rock*

If They played the whole Risk Album At Metalfest Croatia , Even i would throw a stone or two. (From Big Megadeth fan before 2011)
06.06.2012 - 21:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff

Keep your panties on, sweetheart. We haven't even gone out to dinner yet.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.06.2012 - 22:00
TX09
Ive never known dave to be a deuce bag.. everytime ive seen megadeth or got to meet him in person they have always been great guys and go above and beyound what I would expect for such old guys..lol.. definatly is not their fault.. and yeah if I just had a bunch a rocks thrown at me id tell croatia to fuck itself and never return.. they are obvously retarted and cant organize an event
06.06.2012 - 22:06
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Milena on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

According to people who were there, both Megadeth and WASP changed their minds and wanted the slot at 8PM, Megadeth got it, WASP got angry and left, this changed Dark Tranquillity's schedule and fans were pissed. Allegedly Megadeth weren't stoned (te-he), but booed off stage. Waiting for more people to confirm me this.

This is why Balkan can't have nice things.

I hope this is true over stones. I did find this news post hilarious but rocks are a bit over the top. If this is true, i'd be boo'ing Megadeth too. I could care less about Megadeth or WASP but Dark Tranquility really got shafted on this one. They did nothing wrong but because they aren't a mega huge band like the other two, they got times shifted on them to the point that they couldn't even perform. A shame really, especially because DT is the better of the three bands IMO!
06.06.2012 - 22:21
X5452
Account deleted
Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:08

Written by Guest on 06.06.2012 at 20:57

Agree, such a stupid behavior from those metallers...fuck off them! That's not what we metallers do to bands, we treat them with respect so they can be proud of fans and do great music! ...That whats music is all about!

Thanks for the support!
06.06.2012 - 23:04
nicaZe
Savatage
I always asked myself Why big bands never come to Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia. Now I know. We are so rude people, and after this I think that bands will traverse Balkan.

God please send me to UK, USA or any other country so I can enjoy music.
06.06.2012 - 23:26
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
I bet that show rocked.
06.06.2012 - 23:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Introspekrieg on 06.06.2012 at 23:26
I bet that show rocked.

That took way too long for someone to say.
----
06.06.2012 - 23:39
Mad Mike
To paraphrase quote from The Godfather: Part II : Once again, a few rotten apples are giving a bad name to the whole barrel. If you want to boo them, fine, everyone has a right to their opinion. But please remember that there are people who are there to see said act perform. Don't ruin their experience. Fucking cowards!
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
06.06.2012 - 23:41
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
Hahaha wish I was there I wouldve thrown a few stones myself
06.06.2012 - 23:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Stay classy, croatia.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.06.2012 - 23:59
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Croatia is clearly full of wild children.

Written by Slayer666 on 06.06.2012 at 21:31

with all respect, you're just a stupid asshole and hater like many others! Go f*** yourself, and i hope someone could throw a boulder into your face.

I love how "with all respect" reflects the rest of your comment.

07.06.2012 - 00:02
pisymbol
Can everyone please just shut up and put a plug in it?

Hits total: 9626 | This month: 12