Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Rocks Thrown At The Band In Metalfest Croatia

According to Venia-Mag.net, the final evening (June 5) of the first ever Croatian Metalfest Open Air ended up pretty badly for headliners Megadeth, who were forced to reduce their set after being thrown rocks at. The crowd is said to have been devastated because W.A.S.P. and Dark Tranquillity cancelled their sets due to technical problems and blamed Megadeth for it. Reportedly, W.A.S.P. and Megadeth had some arguments that led to the cancellation of the shows and the fans didn't approve of this.

Dark Tranquillity posted the following on their Facebook page: "To our Croatian fans: we're sorry for the cancellation of our show at today's Metalfest, but the festival changed the playing schedule around so that it would have been logistically and technically impossible for us to perform at the new time slot. We were really looking forward to the show and hope to return as soon as possible."

Megadeth, however, haven't released any official statement yet, but the band's Facebook page is filled with comments from Croatian fans apologizing for what happened. More details should be revealed soon.

Source: venia-mag.net
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 06.06.2012 by bokimaniac

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 80   Visited by: 508 users
07.06.2012 - 00:21
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2012 at 21:32

Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

Except for the fact that Mustaine is a big douchebag who gets bands banned from festivals just because is a christian wingnut.

Get your facts straight. He didn't get bands banned from a festival but from a one off show they were headlining. Although I disagree with the reason he didn't want to play with those bands it's still up to him to decide who he wants to play with when it's his show.

Sorry, my bad. But I mean, grow the fuck up. If he wanted to get a christian band, or a Islamic band , or some other religion band banned from a concert just beacuse of what they sing about, he would be in some deep shit.

Yeah from what Ive read he just doesnt like playing with them but only bans them from shows he organizes, which includes "festivals'(if you could call it that) like Gigantour, and even then I dont think he ever officially "banned" bands but just stated he's not going to book satanic bands. Though he still plays with these bands at Euro Festivals Im pretty sure. I dont see anything wrong with him not including satanic bands on his own shows either, would you book an atheist/agnostic intolerant band for a show your organizing and sponsoring?

And I dont really know what you are saying about the Christian/Islamic stuff, I dont see why he would ban a christian band, when Dave is more or less christian.

As for the Rock throwing and the supporters of it, thats just fucked up. Im not the biggest fan of Megadeth and know Dave is a lil butthole at times, but he doesnt deserve shit like this. Maybe I would understand it if it had been Axl up there but even still, no one in the music industry deserves That much hate. fruit/food are one thing but rocks are too much.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
07.06.2012 - 00:23
ANGEL REAPER
Written by nicaZe on 06.06.2012 at 23:04

I always asked myself Why big bands never come to Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia. Now I know. We are so rude people, and after this I think that bands will traverse Balkan.

God please send me to UK, USA or any other country so I can enjoy music.

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage(Maiden proved this during their shows in Balkan,Metallica also,Slayer,Behemoth, and many more) ...i think that balkan's audience is far more demanding in shows ...so if bands act unprofessional audience plainly respond...
The only reason why Megadeth was stoned was probably the unprofessional behavior of them self,not the drunk rage of minority of fans...
but than again i dont care about Megadeth anyway...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.06.2012 - 00:28
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.06.2012 at 21:47

Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13
It's not the way, never...even if you stupid lunatics (not all), don't like Dave Mustaine...i still think there's so fucking haters arround the world!...And you Troy Killjoy, you make me sick! ...with all respect, you're just a stupid asshole and hater like many others! Go f*** yourself, and i hope someone could throw a boulder into your face...i bet it's better that way...what exemple do you make to the comunity with such a comment like that! I don't like Mustaine very much, but he's a person and a musician like many others! That's not a reason to treat musicians like that!

Keep your panties on, sweetheart. We haven't even gone out to dinner yet.

Troy dont you love this fanboys trying to win an argument over internet?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.06.2012 - 00:30
nicaZe
Savatage
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 00:23

Written by nicaZe on 06.06.2012 at 23:04

I always asked myself Why big bands never come to Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia. Now I know. We are so rude people, and after this I think that bands will traverse Balkan.

God please send me to UK, USA or any other country so I can enjoy music.

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage(Maiden proved this during their shows in Balkan,Metallica also,Slayer,Behemoth, and many more) ...i think that balkan's audience is far more demanding in shows ...so if bands act unprofessional audience plainly respond...
The only reason why Megadeth was stoned was probably the unprofessional behavior of them self,not the drunk rage of minority of fans...
but than again i dont care about Megadeth anyway...

Yes, I was on Maiden in Croatia and Whitesnake/Judas Priest in Serbia, it was great...I also don't care about Megadeth, but those things will ''kill'' us...bands won't come to Balkan and I hardly want to see a lot of them...that is just what I want to say...
07.06.2012 - 00:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage

i am hoping you are referring to smoking hippie lettuce here... or are you opining that chucking rocks at a band is acceptable behavior?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2012 - 00:47
ANGEL REAPER
Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2012 at 00:32

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage

i am hoping you are referring to smoking hippie lettuce here... or are you opining that chucking rocks at a band is acceptable behavior?

a bit of both actually ....
of course i dont support throwing stones or assaulting musicians at shows as well as assaulting other people at shows,security etc (as partly musician myself i would not like to that happen to me - in fact if someone would throw something on me i would just throw that shit back...but that is different story)
but i think that audience have right to show their disapproval of bands actions on stage and during the festival (hey they payed the ticket to see them and after all if there weren't them the band would never existed ->had money,being famous etc ).
Partly i understand why the audience reacted that way > see ,not many top-end bands came here regularly and the shows are rare so the fans do expect that shows will be some kind of "religious experience" to them...when they get disappointed, they easily burst int rage..its not just the matter with metal shows ,the same thing can be applied to sport matches ,political campaigns,wars.... in a word ,thing that can be described as "Balkans,the gun powder barrel!"
----
07.06.2012 - 00:49
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Disapproval is booing or jeering. that is acceptable.

rock throwing?

no wonder no one goes that. reading shit like that would make me think twice about ever playing a gig in Croatia were I in a "big" metal band. Or even Venice, lest Croats cross the border.

fuck that noise.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2012 - 00:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2012 at 00:49

rock throwing?

no wonder no one goes that. reading shit like that would make me think twice about ever playing a gig in Croatia were I in a "big" metal band. Or even Venice, lest Croats cross the border.

fuck that noise.

I agree, I mean I really dislike megadave, but noone should have to face being stoned, while trying to play your music. I would have booed like there was no tomorrow if I was there, but I wouldn't throw rocks. I see that as a "This is why we can't have nice things" moment.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.06.2012 - 01:02
nicaZe
Savatage
Written by Boxcar Willy on 07.06.2012 at 00:53

Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2012 at 00:49

rock throwing?

fuck that noise.

I agree, I mean I really dislike megadave, but noone should have to face being stoned, while trying to play your music. I would have booed like there was no tomorrow if I was there, but I wouldn't throw rocks. I see that as a "This is why we can't have nice things" moment.

What you all say in this few last posts I say in mine first...I don't care about Megadeth or even a Dave but I'm affraid,and I think that will be happen, that any big band will never come to Bosnia, Croatia or Serbia...This festival was one of the biggest attractions on Balkan in last few years and now you can nicely shit on it.
07.06.2012 - 01:03
nicaZe
Savatage
And people, can you imagine how I feel reading your comments.
07.06.2012 - 01:25
ANGEL REAPER
Our newspapers(e-editions) say that Dave got his head hit by one of the the rocks ...
----
07.06.2012 - 01:56
Legion
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 01:25

Our newspapers(e-editions) say that Dave got his head hit by one of the the rocks ...

which is a blatant lie...
----
The ludicrous smiles on our faces show nothing remains...
07.06.2012 - 02:09
0mn1v0r3
I'm glad, fuck megadeth. So lame and Mustaine is one of the biggest douches in metal. Up there with Kvarforth and Lars Ulrich haha
07.06.2012 - 02:12
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Better than an episode of Corrie reading all of these comments.

Thanks MS for a nice chuckle.
07.06.2012 - 02:25
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Legion on 07.06.2012 at 01:56

which is as unconfirmed as much as your claim that is a lie as well
----
07.06.2012 - 02:34
Legion
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 02:25

Written by Legion on 07.06.2012 at 01:56

which is as unconfirmed as much as your claim that is a lie as well

if you want the confirmation just ask anyone who was there
----
The ludicrous smiles on our faces show nothing remains...
07.06.2012 - 03:41
Vombatus
Potorro
If WASP or DT had to cancel coz of them, I understand crowd's behaviour.

Otherwise, not really.

Don't even know what is true or not, so meh.
07.06.2012 - 03:51
Carl Berg
Carl Berg

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

Euh... talking about immature comments
07.06.2012 - 03:57
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Carl Berg on 07.06.2012 at 03:51

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

Euh... talking about immature comments

I enjoy W.A.S.P a lot more than Megadeth, what's the big deal?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.06.2012 - 04:08
Timmeh
Dudeman
I wonder if this event will rock Dave's massive ego or whether it's really set in stone.
07.06.2012 - 05:05
hadriel
Written by Slayer666 on 06.06.2012 at 21:09

From gobstoppers to rocks.... Shit's getting serious.

hahaha

I'm all for fans having the right to boo/jeer bands all they want, but throwing rocks crosses the line. It's actually pretty damn sad that shit has to come to that.
07.06.2012 - 07:58
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by hadriel on 07.06.2012 at 05:05

I'm all for fans having the right to boo/jeer bands all they want, but throwing rocks crosses the line. It's actually pretty damn sad that shit has to come to that.

Look at the bright side, at least DT and WASP fans arn't as hardcore [insane] as Pantera fans.
07.06.2012 - 09:25
Big-Al
Written by Timmeh on 07.06.2012 at 04:08

I wonder if this event will rock Dave's massive ego or whether it's really set in stone.

haha
----

I drink moosepiss
07.06.2012 - 09:26
Cyroth
Around the 8th minute it starts to take some proportion
----
07.06.2012 - 09:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I don't get it, why would anyone pick W.A.S.P. over Megadeth? I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of Megadeth's recent stuff, but I would have expected people to be more pissed about not seeing Dark Tranquility. Maybe. If that was something to get pissed about. As for the rocks: kinda excessive. I was at a rap concert last summer and one of my favorite artists was having technical problems, but he kept it light hearted while people sorted shit out. I don't see how throwing rocks was necessary, waterbottles, sure. But rocks are a bit much.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.06.2012 - 10:31
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
In this year there was no Metalfest in Hungary... no DT, no WASP and even no Megadeth SO THEY CAN FUCK OFF
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
07.06.2012 - 10:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Anybody who thinks even remotely that it's good that the audience "responds" to something they don't like (with the stupid excuse "we bought the ticket") with rocks is a giant dick.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.06.2012 - 11:33
ANGEL REAPER
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.06.2012 at 10:50

Anybody who thinks even remotely that it's good that the audience "responds" to something they don't like (with the stupid excuse "we bought the ticket") with rocks is a giant dick.

and what about Bin Laden stand up comedy shows ?
----
07.06.2012 - 12:45
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2012 at 21:32

Except for the fact that Mustaine is a big douchebag who gets bands banned from festivals just because is a christian wingnut.

Get your facts straight. He didn't get bands banned from a festival but from a one off show they were headlining. Although I disagree with the reason he didn't want to play with those bands it's still up to him to decide who he wants to play with when it's his show.

Do Dark Tranquility and W.A.S.P have anything that is against Mustaine's beliefs?
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
07.06.2012 - 13:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
We're very lucky to living in this time where incidents like this are been accessible. I shall wait for more.

having said that,

Megadeth will have a new album soon. tsk tsk

Hits total: 9629 | This month: 15