03. Hellbound
04. Silence Of Violence
05. Drinking & Driving [Black Flag cover]
06. March Of The Curmudgeon [2012 remaster bonus]
07. Wasted Youth
08. Pride
09. Get The Fuck Off My Lawn [2012 remaster bonus]
10. Reform?

Can we please consider this a brand new release? Sure, its real release date was somewhere back in 2011, but there's something kind of defeating about discovering a top-notch album like Draw Back A Stump on its remastered/remix re-release.

Primate is probably the most apt name this band could have found - it's just so simple, unpretentious and bludgeoning, it's almost hard to believe a band this straightforward manages to still sound pretty fresh. It's basically old school hardcore revamped for a modern age. Draw Back A Stump is classic hardcore that frequently steps into grind territory, delivered through sludgy tones. Then there's this certain southern-fried undertone to the whole thing, as well...Maybe that just comes along with any sludgified music. It's almost tempting to say there is a few leads that feel like nods to greasy southern rock, but everything is blasted forth in such a rattling, grimy blur, it's hard to pick out the subtleties.

So let's forget the subtleties, because there ain't many. Simply put, Draw Back A Stump is a face value type of album. As in, picking valuable face fragments off the wall behind you after listening to this.

All shitty puns aside, Primate rule, that's all there really is to it. If you like solidly obnoxious music, maybe somewhere in the same region as Hank III's Assjack, there should be no reason to glance past this. Trying to go into any deeper detail about music like this is completely asinine.

Listen to Primate or go to hell.

Written on 12.06.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 252 users
12.06.2012 - 14:01
Svneatr
Vitharr
The only track I heard was the one they made a lyric video for (don't even remember which song it was for). Though after reading your review and noticing the track entitled "Get The Fuck Off My Lawn", I'm definetly going to check the rest of it out.
12.06.2012 - 14:56
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Svneatr on 12.06.2012 at 14:01

"Get The Fuck Off My Lawn", I'm definetly going to check the rest of it out.

Same. With a track like that it has to be good.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.06.2012 - 18:07
Void Eater
Account deleted
I heard one song off of this that was damn good, but no other ones were uploaded . Surprised you didn't make a mention of their lineup-Members of Mastodon and Brutal Truth involved here.
12.06.2012 - 18:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 12.06.2012 at 18:07
Surprised you didn't make a mention of their lineup-Members of Mastodon and Brutal Truth involved here.

He did in the staff pick. Which I read before this review and left me with the following expression:

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.06.2012 - 18:49
Susan
Smeghead
I want to hear this. Big time.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
12.06.2012 - 21:48
Rating: 10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Susan on 12.06.2012 at 18:49

Me too. Again. Global Division, Hellbound and Get The Fuck Off My Lawn are all great songs.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.06.2012 - 21:46
PocketMetal

I want this too , Mastodon guys rock hard .
13.06.2012 - 22:17
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Doc G. on 12.06.2012 at 21:48

Me too. Again. Global Division, Hellbound and Get The Fuck Off My Lawn are all great songs.

For a minute I thought you hadn't listen to this

That was a big WTF moment.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.06.2012 - 23:04
Rating: 8
BitterCOld
The Ancient One

sadly not on spotify. at least i'm headed in to town tomorrow, will check the CD shop.

"Get The Fuck Off My Lawn" sounds like it could be my theme song... if they replaced "Lawn" with "Rocks" or "Yard".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.06.2012 - 04:34
Rating: 10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by BitterCOld on 14.06.2012 at 23:04

sadly not on spotify. at least i'm headed in to town tomorrow, will check the CD shop.

"Get The Fuck Off My Lawn" sounds like it could be my theme song... if they replaced "Lawn" with "Rocks" or "Yard".

Not sure if you've listened to this yet, but it does seem like something that would be right up your alley:
-Sludginess + a well balanced mix of grind and old school hardcore.

Sounds like an album made for you, dude.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.06.2012 - 12:09
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Haha yeah its definitely an album Craig will like.
I loved it actually its got a perfect mix of hardcore, grind and some sludge
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
08.07.2012 - 07:50
Rating: 8
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The Black Flag cover, "Drinking & Driving" is awesome as well.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 6723 | This month: 3