Metal Storm logo
Scary metal songs you have ever listened to ?

Original post

Posted by FOOCK Nam, 13.06.2012 - 16:31
What are scary metal songs you ever listened to ? I mean the songs that make you feel the scary cold touch on your back and neck. Knowing metal is music for enjoyment, but I guess there can some songs that scareeee you. : )

Mine is theses two:
- Bishop Of Hexen - The Somber Ground of Truth
- Swallow The Sun - Ghost of Laura Palmer

What about yours ?
26.08.2012 - 03:47
vgmaster9

Devastator by Godflesh is pretty damn creepy.
27.08.2012 - 03:37
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Sunn O))) usually creeps me out, but in a good way.

Bathory Erzsebet sounds like a desolate urban wasteland during a zombie apocalypse, and Her Lips Were Wet With Venom sounds like a bloody demonic cult ritual in the middle of a dying forest.

----
08.09.2012 - 01:31
Lit.
Account deleted
KMFDM's Death & Burial of C.R.
Too bad there's no vid of it on YT.
08.09.2012 - 07:23
Egigantea

Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath
10.09.2012 - 00:01
vgmaster9

13.09.2012 - 19:01
Yellax

The Embossed - Epual Duath
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
16.09.2012 - 21:28
Sangre Sani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qboilNJcp_s

This + the movie Begotten in the clip = POOP IN MAH PANTS
18.09.2012 - 20:21
Patrick.

I thought Alice Cooper - "Dangerous Tonight" was a scary song maybe ten years ago. Now I'm not so sure. I don't listen to any Death- or Black Metal, that might be a problem? I do get the creeps from the new Iron Fire album Voyage Of The Damned with songs like "Taken", "The Final Odyssey", "Voyage Of The Damned" and "Dreams Of The Dead Moon". However, I can't name any song I think is downright scary to be honest.
19.09.2012 - 00:23
FOOCK Nam

Written by Sangre Sani on 16.09.2012 at 21:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qboilNJcp_s

This + the movie Begotten in the clip = POOP IN MAH PANTS

You totally won to me, check my video posted in previous page. Would re-post your video
19.09.2012 - 01:52
blacktooth85

When i was a young kid my mom would play The Ballad of Dwight Fry by Alice Cooper and that scared the shit out me... Also Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath scared me to, as well as the album cover.
19.09.2012 - 08:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by blacktooth85 on 19.09.2012 at 01:52

When i was a young kid my mom would play The Ballad of Dwight Fry by Alice Cooper and that scared the shit out me... Also Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath scared me to, as well as the album cover.

I need to rephrase your opinion. >>

When I was young my mom use to play In The End by Linkin Park and that really scared the shit out of me.
19.09.2012 - 20:02
Mornie Utulie

Have you ever heard song Ceasuri Rele by Negura Bunget? It's rather intro than song, but it is really atmospheric.
19.09.2012 - 22:22
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Summoning's Mirkwood is a win for me. That song has such obscure and scary ambient. I rember years back I could't fall asleep wihtout music and once I put Summoning on and I woke up in the middle of the night and Mirkwood was playing and it scared the sh*t out of me. So yea, alltogegther it's the scariest song to me. But also one of my Summoning favuorites.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
28.09.2012 - 01:09
Evil Chip

I can't say scared but thrilled maybe, now I can't remember any song, but the new P.H.O.B.O.S has a really dark vibe.
03.10.2012 - 23:45
FOOCK Nam

12.01.2013 - 10:15
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Venus in Fear - Cradle of Filth fucking scary !!
13.01.2013 - 00:26
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Feel The Blade by Legion Of The Damned scared me out when I listened for the first time!
30.05.2014 - 20:08
NocturnusAlexhl

Little Hector what have you Done by Carach Angren is pretty damn terrifying.
30.05.2014 - 21:40
CyberSymphony
Ollie

Elend
Not metal, but really dark orchestral music.
20.06.2014 - 08:30
Ganondox

Sunn-O is the only metal band that can have that effect, though the scarist music is industrial and noise.
20.06.2014 - 12:22
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I used to listen music while I was sleeping, back when I was in secondary school and I lively remember, I once put Summoning's Minas Morgul on. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night and Morthond was on and I nearly had a heart attack. It was the combination of sleepiness and the hauting melody that made me memorize that song as the creepy one. So yea, for me - Morthond is the synonim for creepy.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
29.06.2014 - 05:35
Jtbmetal123

Written by Egigantea on 08.09.2012 at 07:23

Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath

Yes
30.06.2014 - 09:00
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Celtic Frost - "Triptych" from Monotheist (especially Totengott)
Meshuggah - Mind's Mirrors going into the "In Death" duo off Catch 33
Opeth - Hessian Peel (the piano interlude just before the heavy part) from Watershed

The actual heavy parts don't really scare me, but certain bands can make really tense moments in songs with soft parts just before the heavy parts explode on me like in the examples mentioned above. To be honest I find the intro and outro to Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" more terrifying than even the darkest metal out there (hell the rest of the song is still kind of creepy). It creeped on me real bad when I played the radio at night as a little kid (music helps me sleep). I'm weird I know.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
05.07.2014 - 16:25
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Anything from Gnaw Their Tongues.. Not a fan of the music but tried to listen once, sounds like a psychopathic torture chamber!
08.07.2014 - 10:50
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 08.07.2014 at 09:21

No metal has had that effect on me.

I dunno how it could to be honest.

what if the song ends and it's silent for a while and you start dozing off then it goes BOO!!....actually that would just be frightening.

maybe if you played an album for the first time and it started talking to you in the lyrics, saying things like hey deadone you motherfucker! death penaltys are the way and your brothers being a cunt not organizing shit properly yeeaaa (chorus) fuck i regret being a bully and hurting animals at school! but i apologized to some so leave me the fuck alone yeeeah!
08.07.2014 - 17:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 08.07.2014 at 10:50

maybe if you played an album for the first time and it started talking to you in the lyrics, saying things like hey deadone you motherfucker! death penaltys are the way and your brothers being a cunt not organizing shit properly yeeaaa (chorus) fuck i regret being a bully and hurting animals at school! but i apologized to some so leave me the fuck alone yeeeah!

How's that for scary? xD
And then Deadone tries to turn it off by plugin the stereo out, but it keeps playing
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.07.2014 - 17:54
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Guest on 08.07.2014 at 10:50

This made me laugh haha! Brilliant
09.07.2014 - 06:11
no one
Account deleted
Not sure why you had to have a dig at me, it was just a joke and it wasn't even offensive...what a douche!
09.07.2014 - 08:32
no one
Account deleted
I just used your recent posts as an example of some subjects the song could be talking to you about.

sorry if that was offensive but it was just for a laugh. i wasn't digging at your posts, there wasn't anything about them i could really even dig at.
10.07.2014 - 17:52
Melkor

Satanic warmaster - one shining star.