Metal Storm logo
Have you ever literally wept upon the first listening of a song?

Original post

Posted by Tristus Scriptor, 19.06.2012 - 00:27
I know it's sooo not metal to be sensitive. It's sooo not cool to have a heart. Blablabla, yadda yadda. Let's all just pretend we aren't actually demons from the abyss for a moment and admit to this question if it applies to us. What song was it? Under what circumstance was it?
19.06.2012 - 20:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I cry a lot in songs but mainly in shows, that's where my emotions come out more easily, due to the atmosphere and probably because I'm very close to the bands I love. I also cry when listening to an album, occasionally, but it is very rare nowadays, for some reason.

And I certainly don't remember crying at first listen.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.06.2012 - 20:32
Sabra Cadabra

I have cried when listening to songs but it's never on the first listen (as yet) I usually cry when a song brings back a certain memory but it's usually a happy kind of crying.
19.06.2012 - 22:47
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by IronAngel on 19.06.2012 at 17:36

if you only want to hear opinions from people who agree with you, an internet message board probably isn't the best place to post.

Lol. I can see that you are an intelligent, well studied, and very wordy person with a good vocabulary. Bravo. (And I mean this with merely half sarcasm.) But...there's nothing to "agree" with me about. A) I said man or WOMAN enough- showing a playful respect to both genders, and B) I never said anyone was wrong or ruining the post. etc, etc...even agreeing that it didn't have to be exactly what I wanted when bringing up the topic....as long as it was interesting and didn't just show off how tough and METAL you are. Relax, lol. I probably should've called the topic "If Any Song Has Made You Teary-Eyed At First Listen- What Was It and Why" or some elaborate shit like that. Soooo...it's not a cardinal sin that I was explaining (nicely, mind you) what I would like to receive as follow-up posts- good stories, suggestions of evocative songs of the sort, and (in my posts) a lack of confrontational tendencies. So, I do believe that you are right- one of us is in the wrong neighborhood here. It's just not me. (With all due respect.) But we are both metal fans, belong to an awesome site, and shouldn't jump at the first chance one gets to intellectually bitch someone out. I mean, c'mon. The damn title of the topic implies a request for "softening up"!!!
19.06.2012 - 23:01
IronAngel

Eh. I am just enjoying some casual banter on a topic you yourself opened up. Especially since you apparently targeted me in the first confrontational post of this topic, calling my post not relevant. (There's nothing wrong with being confrontational though, debates are what forums exist for. But if you open that doors, others will step through, too.) Once you open a topic or make a post on a message board, you cannot expect to be the arbiter of its course.

No need to be so serious. I am relaxed. You're the one brining up cardinal sins, intellectual bitching, etc. I just pointed out that a forum thread is a free-for-all once it's posted, and proved that by going on a perfectly justified tangent because it pleased me.
19.06.2012 - 23:16
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
...and furthermore- really. I have been trying my hardest to make this far from as halfwit as most of the shrapnel and fire Youtube comments, with nearly everything I post. Me and Troy have clashed, but turns out he has become one of my favorite online people. I've gotten much laughter from lots of you (Guib)- and never let myself express anger over something as silly as a pc screen. I saw a couple posts that implied that it was just gonna be less of what I intended, so I wanted to head it off by further explanation. Troy, Mora, Stabby, Guib, the guy from Vietnam, Unhealer, Fritallaria, Pocketmetal, Fred...etc...all did much to keep it interesting. So- there's credit where it's due. Oh, and even you, Iron Angel (till you decided to teach me a lesson, hehe.) Peace, love, and METAL, mofos!!!!
19.06.2012 - 23:30
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
...really it was Oaken who made me fear that this was going to be a soulless debate as opposed to a lighthearted romp through metalheads admitting something a bit...well- I wouldn't call it embarrassing...but you get the point. And really, I read back through things I do. I don't like acting like a know-it-all, and don't want to come off like one. (To get down to it- I'm playful, accepting, and *shivers*...Christian- so I try my best to have tact without hurting feelings.) And I was NOT targeting IronAngel (Troy and I have been through this "don't be so assumptive" issue...it got pretty hilarious) because the post was interesting and it pertained to what the topic was at least a bit. So everybody just eat potatoes dipped in tartar sauce and listen to Tom Waits in the park!!!!
20.06.2012 - 00:44
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 19.06.2012 at 23:16
Troy, Mora, Stabby, Guib, the guy from Vietnam, Unhealer, Fritallaria, Pocketmetal, Fred...etc...all did much to keep it interesting. So- there's credit where it's due. Oh, and even you, Iron Angel (till you decided to teach me a lesson, hehe.) Peace, love, and METAL, mofos!!!!

Dammit, you listed everyone but the kitchen sink.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.06.2012 - 01:05
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by vezzy on 20.06.2012 at 00:44

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 19.06.2012 at 23:16
Troy, Mora, Stabby, Guib, the guy from Vietnam, Unhealer, Fritallaria, Pocketmetal, Fred...etc...all did much to keep it interesting. So- there's credit where it's due. Oh, and even you, Iron Angel (till you decided to teach me a lesson, hehe.) Peace, love, and METAL, mofos!!!!

Dammit, you listed everyone but the kitchen sink.

Bwahahaha! Thus was the point of me doing so- that I'm not against everyone. Did I leave you out? Well....would it make you happy if I told you that kitchen sinks are vvveeerrrry interesting? That I wash my wang in them?
20.06.2012 - 01:07
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 20.06.2012 at 01:05

Bwahahaha! Thus was the point of me doing so- that I'm not against everyone. Did I leave you out? Well....would it make you happy if I told you that kitchen sinks are vvveeerrrry interesting? That I wash my wang in them?:naughty:

At least you aren't driving at the moment.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.06.2012 - 01:10
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by vezzy on 20.06.2012 at 01:07

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 20.06.2012 at 01:05

Bwahahaha! Thus was the point of me doing so- that I'm not against everyone. Did I leave you out? Well....would it make you happy if I told you that kitchen sinks are vvveeerrrry interesting? That I wash my wang in them?:naughty:

At least you aren't driving at the moment.

Ummm...ok...yeah, I guess that's a good thing. (Not sure what that was supposed to mean, but the randomness was funny.) ...oh, and I'm crying right now!
20.06.2012 - 01:20
Darkfiber

Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, you...woman.
20.06.2012 - 01:31
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by Darkfiber on 20.06.2012 at 01:20

Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, you...woman.

I don't know who you are saying that to, but if it was me- um, well...I can't. I found this strange mushroomy looking thing in my lap that resembles a sausage, and it's been established that Im only familiar with the SINK...besides- I'm too busy weeping.
20.06.2012 - 06:59
Tenski

Aherusia Dalraida or Alcest songs some of them
20.06.2012 - 07:35
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by Tenski on 20.06.2012 at 06:59

I can see how Alcest could flood someone over. I haven't heard Aherusia or Dalraida, but I'll give 'em a listen.
20.06.2012 - 11:32
FOOCK Nam

Check the song I mentioned, especially ColdWorld - Red Snow, My Dead Bride and Shamrain, Empyrium. Listen to the Empyrium songs I mentioned, surely 100% you will like them.

Well, it 's not that I weeping or crying because of the songs, or for the songs, it is due to memory reminiscent, and the songs trigger the emotion provoking you tearing. I really like the feeling after the trip of tears by music. It is very relieving...
20.06.2012 - 11:33
Tenski

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 20.06.2012 at 07:35

Written by Tenski on 20.06.2012 at 06:59

I can see how Alcest could flood someone over. I haven't heard Aherusia or Dalraida, but I'll give 'em a listen.

I dunno about Aherusia I just kinda randomly jotted it down but yea Dalriada's album Igeret is very upbeat but melodic and makes me full of myself sometimes lol
20.06.2012 - 14:15
Fritillaria
Account deleted
@skarnek BTW it's Fritillaria
20.06.2012 - 16:18
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by Guest on 20.06.2012 at 14:15

@skarnek BTW it's Fritillaria

My mistake.
20.06.2012 - 16:20
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by FOOCK Nam on 20.06.2012 at 11:32

Check the song I mentioned, especially ColdWorld - Red Snow, My Dead Bride and Shamrain, Empyrium. Listen to the Empyrium songs I mentioned, surely 100% you will like them.

Well, it 's not that I weeping or crying because of the songs, or for the songs, it is due to memory reminiscent, and the songs trigger the emotion provoking you tearing. I really like the feeling after the trip of tears by music. It is very relieving...

I'm up for any good, heartfelt metal. It's good for breaking my norm of sick death metal (which is kind of so I DON'T have too many emotions, haha!) So, yeah. I'll check that stuff out.
20.06.2012 - 22:12
The Melting Snow

I cried a little when i heard Pretend by Saturnus for the first time.
20.06.2012 - 23:26
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by The Melting Snow on 20.06.2012 at 22:12

I cried a little when i heard Pretend by Saturnus for the first time.

That good, huh? See....thiiiisss is what I was originally intending for this thread. I got a lot of good shit to check out now!
21.06.2012 - 01:35
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
@The Melting Snow That Saturnus song has a wonderfully woeful (yet strong) sound! Thanks. I dig!
21.06.2012 - 13:46
The Melting Snow

My pleasure
21.06.2012 - 14:38
Paz

This year I cried, when I first heard song "Tak, Kurwa" by Semargl (taken from "Satanic Pop Metal" album).
21.06.2012 - 14:45
Cal Wolvington
Account deleted
I cry almost every time I listen to The Human Equation. Especially when the wife sings: "Can You forgive us?"
21.06.2012 - 15:46
IronAngel

Written by Paz on 21.06.2012 at 14:38

This year I cried, when I first heard song "Tak, Kurwa" by Semargl (taken from "Satanic Pop Metal" album).

Haha.

If you want song recommendations, there's a topic about the saddest songs ever in the General Music forum. Of course, music doesn't have to be sad to make you cry, but that's certainly one way.
21.06.2012 - 16:25
ANGEL REAPER

I dont cry! Other cry instead of me (try to guess to which film i'm referring to )

on topic: NO! I have never cried nor wept while listening to any song... partially because i'm desolated bastard partially because i consider nothing worth crying...i've done with crying when i grew up...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.06.2012 - 05:46
MetalSpider

A tear or two may or may not have been shed while listening to the epic monstrosity of a song known as Pimea by the mighty moonsorrow.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
22.06.2012 - 09:50
The Melting Snow

Farewell by Apocalyptica for calm, peaceful sadness.
Faraway by Apocalyptica for it's sense of morbid happiness.
22.06.2012 - 16:43
Bonna

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 19.06.2012 at 00:31

I bought Anathema's "Eternity" when I was about 16 or 17. I popped it in the player...and by the time "Angelica" was half-way through, I was weeping like a chick watching Lifetime on her period. (That is one brilliant album, I might add.)

Funny you mention this, first band that came to my mind when reading this topics' title was Anathema as well. Haven't heard anyone who can express that kind of emotions as well as Cavanagh does. It's like Slayer and aggression.

I always grow soft inside when I hear One Last Goodbye from the Judgement album. Also check out the accoustic version of that song on the "In Parallel" album. In Parallel (2009) is a not so well know accoustic album he did with Anneke Van Giersbergen (ex-The Gathering chick), for all of you haven't heard about it. Might be a bootleg not sure.