Metal Storm logo
Devourment - Begin Recording New Album

US brutal death metallers Devourment have entered the studio to record their new album and first for new label, Relapse Records. The band is tracking at Mana Recordings in St. Petersburg, Florida, with Erik Rutan (Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel). The album promises to be their heaviest, most crushing release to date and will see an early 2013 release. Tentative song titles include "Fucked With Rats" and "Fifty Ton War Machine".

Frontman Mike Majewski commented on the upcoming record: "This will be the deepest album we have done for sure. Definitely expect the intensity, but also more thought out song structures. I would say a bit of a throwback to old school brutal bands, but with the signature Devourment elements."

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Devourment
Posted: 21.06.2012 by Armin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 12 users
22.06.2012 - 13:53
Coconut Racecar
One of my favorite bands ever. I am over the top excited to hear what they manage to put together. Don't dissapoint me !!
23.06.2012 - 00:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Will be interesting to see if they alter their style under the Relapse name or not. I'm assuming the production is going to be smoother than my ass.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2481 | This month: 9