Metal Storm logo
Benighted - Guitarist Leaves The Band, Announce Replacement

French death metal outfit Benighted has broken the news about the departure of guitarist Liem "Litchy" N'Guyen. The band released the following statement on their official Facebook page: "Sad news for Benighted. We have to announce that our guitarist Liem N'Guyen is leaving the band, after 14 years of pure friendship and brutal shows."

"We wish all the best to him and his family and he'll always be like a brother to us! He will be from now on officially replaced by Adrien Guerin, our drummer Kevin's best friend. Adrien plays in bands like Doorsfall, F Stands For Fuck You and Keirda 2.0. He's already been playing with Benighted as a live member during the European tour with Morbid Angel. We can't wait to start the writing process with Adrien on board."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Benighted
Posted: 26.06.2012 by Timmeh

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 78 users
26.06.2012 - 19:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Hopefully they manage to retain their groove. It's too bad they're losing a prominent member like this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.06.2012 - 20:11
Iskander

I hope that doesn't damage their sound too much... such a great band!
26.06.2012 - 21:38
Don_Doom

Bad news, but the show must go on!!
27.06.2012 - 06:27
Malignar

The best of the brutal death out there. I think their sound will remain in tact though as I think the other guitarist is the main songwriter. Might be the most underrated kickass death metal band out there.
27.06.2012 - 07:39
Misfit74

50/50 the band gets better. 50/50 it gets worse. These things can go either way, and I agree with Malignar that Benighted are a strong DM band that probably do get overlooked a lot. I need to listen to them more my damn self!
02.07.2012 - 18:35
sallyjay

Written by Malignar on 27.06.2012 at 06:27

The best of the brutal death out there. I think their sound will remain in tact though as I think the other guitarist is the main songwriter. Might be the most underrated kickass death metal band out there.

Nah, Litchy was the more active songwriter in the band. Had a chat with Kevin a few days ago about it. He reckons they'd probably sound a bit more grind-y now, but then again you can't really say just yet.
02.07.2012 - 18:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by sallyjay on 02.07.2012 at 18:35

He reckons they'd probably sound a bit more grind-y now, but then again you can't really say just yet.

I hope this is true. I found the recent record a bit too brutal death for my taste, I'd like them to get some of the grind and groove back again.

Hits total: 3056 | This month: 5