Metal Storm logo
OSI (Office of Strategic Influence)

27.06.2012 - 12:57
Milena
gloom cookie
OSI formed almost ten years ago, and got four amazing prog/ambient albums out. It's sad that they don't have a topic on here yet considering they're a prog supergroup! So let's discuss some OSI everyone.

Since I did such a lame job describing the band, here's Matheos and Moore describing it instead. The interviewer (Brian Slagel of Metal Blade) asked them some pretty cool questions. I loved it when they moved on to the question of how they first met and Matheos shot a "you're gonna have to do some answering too dude"-look at Moore. It's hilarious.

"...you're obviously having some sort of fun doing this together, right?
-Fun is... a strong word!"
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.06.2012 - 13:53
Ag Fox
Angel No More
They definitely have a very distinctive and original sound and I have enjoyed all 4 of their albums.

Sure You Will from the album Free is a great track with plenty of attitude. I don't normally notice the lyrics in music, but this one is worth my attention so to speak My girlfriend loves it too haha
----
loves 小巫
27.06.2012 - 14:39
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Quite strange that there wasn't a thread for them considering there are quite a few MSers who dig them.
I didn't like the new one all that much, but I love free and blood, their s/t is quite cool as well.
Its quite sad that they are so unknown, but they got a lot more attention after blood I guess.
Definitely an awesome band, I would love to see them live, if they ever take the project live. I doubt that would happen though :/
I don't think I've heard any other band doing anything as good, maybe Chroma Key is sorta similar, but OSI beats Chroma Key for me any day.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
27.06.2012 - 20:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Awesome band! Free is probably my fav album by them although their debut is very special as well.

Still digesting the new one properly, but it still has that OSI feel I like.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.06.2012 - 22:58
Lit.
Account deleted
I keep seeing a Limited Edition of their debut at FYE. It's a little expensive, but I really want to grab it.
13.08.2012 - 16:57
Milena
gloom cookie
Last night, I dreamed of them releasing a 5-track EP with videos accompanying two or three tracks off it. It sounded and looked so real, I almost expected it to exist when I got online today
----
15.08.2012 - 19:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Milena on 13.08.2012 at 16:57

Last night, I dreamed of them releasing a 5-track EP with videos accompanying two or three tracks off it. It sounded and looked so real, I almost expected it to exist when I got online today

lol what?! Anyway, a new EP would be nice, but it seems early for that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.08.2012 - 00:43
Lit.
Account deleted
I got the LE of their debut. Really well worth the money, I love their cover of Set Controls For The Heart Of The Sun and the bonus track The Thing That Never Was.
16.08.2012 - 11:10
Ivor
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.08.2012 at 00:43

... the bonus track The Thing That Never Was.

You do realize that it's instrumentals of the first tracks of the album glued together?

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
16.08.2012 - 16:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Ivor on 16.08.2012 at 11:10

Written by Guest on 16.08.2012 at 00:43

... the bonus track The Thing That Never Was.

You do realize that it's instrumentals of the first tracks of the album glued together?

I.

Yeah...
16.08.2012 - 17:08
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by BloodTears on 15.08.2012 at 19:52

lol what?! Anyway, a new EP would be nice, but it seems early for that.

Yeah, I dream about bands I like the night afterwards, I had a dream where Iced Earth came to my town to play a gig and me and my ex-boyfriend ran into Stu Block and hung out with him all day.

You know what's cool? The limited/expanded/whatever edition of Free. Set It On Fire is such a great track, and it's completely different than any other music I like.
----