Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Randy Blythe Arrested, Prosecutor's Complaint Against Release Dismissed (Update)

UPDATE on 17.07.2012: [Thanks to Ace Frawley] According to Czech news site iDNES.cz, a Prague Municipal Court has now dismissed the prosecutor's complaint to deny Blythe bail with the intent of blocking his release. However, the cost of Blythe's bail has been doubled, from $200,000 to $400,000. Moreover, the prosecutor can file another complaint against the latest decision, which would further delay Blythe's release even if he does pay the $400,000. So, there is no telling when this will stop.

Randy Blythe's next Czech court appearance is scheduled for Thursday, July 19th. Blesk.cz has also released an interview reportedly with Randy Blythe conducted via his attorney about his arrest last month and you can read the translation over here.

UPDATE on 06.07.2012: Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe is still in prison even though his bail has been posted. The band's manager Larry Mazer revealed in an interview with Blesk.cz that it may take up to 20 days for Randy to be released because "the investigator may require more time to investigate the case." Meanwhile, the band has set up a page where fans can donate to Randy's legal fund.

Lamb Of God posted the following message: "As many of you know, Randy is being held in Czech jail for a crime we believe he did not commit. We are still learning about the legal system there and the situation is fluid. We have retained local legal counsel, have support from the US Embassy and we are flying over additional lawyers to try and assure that Randy has the best representation possible. As many of you have pointed out, the simple fact is that the legal fees are adding up very quickly."

"While we appreciate the outpouring of support, we are not interested in trying to profit or gather press or sympathy from this event. We have assembled this page to make it possible for people that feel so inclined to donate to the expenses incurred in defending this case. One hundred percent of the money raised will go to the legal fees and any remaining balance will be given to a charity of Randy's choice upon his release."

UPDATE on 02.07.2012: According to the Czech Republic's Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe remained in custody Monday in Prague, as his bail money had not arrived in the court account, informed the judge of the District Court for Prague 8 Peter Fassati. Management is trying to transfer funds as soon as possible, although Blesk.cz is reporting that Blythe may remain in Pankrác prison at least ten more days.

UPDATE on 01.07.2012 [Thanks to Cynic Metalhead]: Czech website Blesk.cz and TV Nova report that Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe was reportedly released on 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000) from a Czech jail, where he had been held since Wednesday (June 27) on suspicion of manslaughter. Reports state that Blythe has been released on the condition that his bail be secured as soon as bank access allows, presumably on Monday (July 2nd).

Randy Blythe appeared before court yesterday at 10:00 a.m due to his alleged involvement in the death of a 19-year-old fan at a 2010 show in Prague. Randy was also considered a flight risk by the judge and will reportedly have to remain in the country at least for the next two days but the manslaughter charges haven't been dropped, and the investigation is still ongoing.

The following message was posted on the band's twitter: "RANDY IS FUCKIN' FREE!"

The band's guitarist Mark Morton tweeted: "finally HOME! 4/5 of us anyway. I can't wait to give Randy a big bear hug & kiss his pointy, stubbly face! Thanx for all the support yall!"

An official statement is expected to be released tomorrow with details about the proceedings.

UPDATE: Adrenaline PR, the PR firm that works with Lamb Of God, has released the following full statement regarding the reports of Randy's arrest: "Lamb Of God Management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos."

"Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head."

"Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate."

Original news, published on 29.06.2012

According to Czech news site Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God vocalist Randy Blythe has been arrested in Prague yesterday on charges of manslaughter, and the band has cancelled their performance with All Shall Perish and Skeletonwitch at the Rock Café in Czech Republic.

Blythe's arrest apparently is from a concert that took place on May 24, 2010. Allegedly, a fan jumped on stage during the show, resulting in a physical altercation with the frontman. The fan eventually succumbed to his injuries and died, leading to the charges Blythe now faces.

A spokesperson for Lamb Of God says that Blythe is "wrongly accused", that the band's "lawyers are dealing with it", and that "we expect him to be fully exonerated."

Also, in the early hours of this morning the band tweeted "#FreeRandyBlythe".

Source: metalsucks.net
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 17.07.2012 by carpe diem

Comments page 6 / 6

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 178   Visited by: 796 users
12.07.2012 - 14:36
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Hmmm well I personally have a huge respect for LOG and although I don't have enough details on what happened but I think he's responsible for what he has done cause he's not in a position to push fans back down.
12.07.2012 - 14:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 12.07.2012 at 14:36

but I think he's responsible for what he has done cause he's not in a position to push fans back down.

12.07.2012 - 14:48
Fritillaria
Account deleted
@ Cynic LOL why?! what's wrong?
12.07.2012 - 19:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 12.07.2012 at 14:48

@ Cynic LOL why?! what's wrong?

Read all three pages to see how it's not his fault that people do stupid shit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.07.2012 - 20:42
gid

You mean like chucking fans onto their heads? Yeah. That's nobody's fault.
13.07.2012 - 01:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
*yawn* This case is so 2-3 weeks ago anyways. Won't bother to discuss that much about what we think is wrong and right to do, it's obviously pointless.
----
Rod, let me love you.
13.07.2012 - 13:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Agree with Doctor.

But, Hey, some of the chips were found regarding this case.

THE U.S. EMBASSY IN PRAGUE "CANNOT DISCUSS" RANDY BLYTHE CASE.

17.07.2012 - 21:31
machiavelli
Account deleted
Too bad that Randy didn't throw that kid head first into a tree shredder then we could all clearly see it in black and white... or maybe red.
17.07.2012 - 22:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Man this thing is really dragging on...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.07.2012 - 22:48
Mad Mike

Lesson learned: If a complete stranger is running at you, and you have no idea what his/her intentions are, just let said person do what they please, it's a felony to defend yourself.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
17.07.2012 - 22:58
Urizen367

There is no case. let him go.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
17.07.2012 - 23:00
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.07.2012 at 22:13

Man this thing is really dragging on...

The Court system takes months to get through even for a small fine, so with something this big its no surprise its dragging out. Plus when theres a felony offender from out of state, ost countries usually set bail so high that its impossible to meet bail requirements for fear of the offender fleeing to their home country.
So it looks like he'll be staying in jail for some time... shitty sich for this guy.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
17.07.2012 - 23:57
GoldenGod2112

So I don't think I will be seeing Lamb of God August 1st...
18.07.2012 - 00:25
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Mad Mike on 17.07.2012 at 22:48

Lesson learned: If a complete stranger is running at you, and you have no idea what his/her intentions are, just let said person do what they please, it's a felony to defend yourself.

I followed your advice and was raped violently within thirty minutes
18.07.2012 - 00:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alex F on 18.07.2012 at 00:25

...and the worst part is that it's your fault and you're going to jail.
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.07.2012 - 00:41
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

That suxx... it looks like you woulda got raped either way: if you dont defend yourself, youll get raped. If you do defend yourself, youll be sentenced to prison for assault and get raped in jail..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.07.2012 - 02:58
Never To Dawn

Did that guy attack Randy? Or you think jumping up stage is attack?
18.07.2012 - 03:00
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.07.2012 at 19:24

Read all three pages to see how it's not his fault that people do stupid shit.

It is his fault if he pushed someone off the stage and this person later died due to injuries received, no matter if said person is stupid or not. It was probably not his intention to kill the kid but the kid is dead as a result of his action. ie. manslaughter.

Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.07.2012 at 00:30

...and the worst part is that it's your fault and you're going to jail.

This entire exchange is based on a false analogy.
18.07.2012 - 04:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Well he'll be out in 12 years and making crappy below par black meta-oh wait... wrong guy.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.07.2012 - 07:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Czech police has actually trapped Blythe and I think this case will drag to a years I guess. I feel really pity on Blythe atm , the way he must be thinking that he should be out of this shit as soon as possible and hit the road again. But, you can't breach the law of any country until it's been denied on the very extreme circumstances.

There is another incident happened in Wacken Open 2012, where a teenage girl died on the spot( due to some shit!) when Chelsea Grin was performing. I think the case is been solved and kept underground. Why Czech police can't do that? IS there country so poor that need to hog a limelight from any (whatsoever!)incident happened out there?

This case now gets fucked up.
18.07.2012 - 09:36
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.07.2012 at 07:40

Czech police has actually trapped Blythe and I think this case will drag to a years I guess. I feel really pity on Blythe atm , the way he must be thinking that he should be out of this shit as soon as possible and hit the road again. But, you can't breach the law of any country until it's been denied on the very extreme circumstances.

Its not just Czech law that he's breached, its EU law we're talking about here.

Quote:

There is another incident happened in Wacken Open 2012, where a teenage girl died on the spot( due to some shit!) when Chelsea Grin was performing. I think the case is been solved and kept underground. Why Czech police can't do that? IS there country so poor that need to hog a limelight from any (whatsoever!)incident happened out there?

Clearly you have no concept of world economy as the Czech Republic is actually a relatively rich country with a fairly relaxed judicial system.
18.07.2012 - 19:18
Maldoror
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.07.2012 at 07:40

IS there country so poor that need to hog a limelight from any (whatsoever!)incident happened out there?

This case now gets fucked up.

I think that Czech police is just doing their job trying to find out who caused Daniel's death. I'm sure there is not any conspiracy behind this case. So far no one involved in the investigation and Randy's arrest has breached any laws. The fact that Randy is an American citizen and singer of a popular metal band does not mean that he should be treated differently than any other guy. The bail system in Czech Republic is very diferent from the American one. The procedure usually takes more time and there is a possibility the bail will be refused in the end. You can find more information about this case in this article:
http://www.praguepost.com/news/13709-u-s-singer-awaits-prison-release.html
Czech Republic is not the richest country in the world but it is a democratic country and it also belongs to European Union. Randy can't be sentenced to jail here without sufficient evidence. I believe that in case it is proved that he is really innocent, he will be released as soon as possible.
It is really not necessary to insult the whole country because of this case. Similar incident can happen anywhere (including USA).
21.07.2012 - 00:13
Spoonman1991

Really people? your all sayin "he shouldnt of pushe him down" let me remind you of December 8th, 2004?? Dimebag darrell and how he was shot when a fan went on stage? that fan is a idoit for trying to get on stage in the middle of a concert. yes it sucks he dies and it shouldnt of happend but it WASNT HIS FAULT. he was protecting himself. plus look at how the goverment just keeps incresing his bail and keeping him a prison? i mean really? HES PAYING THE BAIL AND THERE NOT GIVING HIM HIS RIGHTS. this whole thing is a crock.
21.07.2012 - 11:13
Maldoror
Account deleted
Written by Spoonman1991 on 21.07.2012 at 00:13

... look at how the goverment just keeps incresing his bail and keeping him a prison? i mean really? HES PAYING THE BAIL AND THERE NOT GIVING HIM HIS RIGHTS. this whole thing is a crock.

Government? What government? This is just a normal case and I don't think that any politicians are involved in it. The Prague Municipal Court doubled the bail because they are afraid that in case the amount is too low he will disappear and never show up again. I'm not saying that it was the right thing to do but since it is quite usual that the accused foreigners leave the country and avoid the investigation, I can understand that. As I have mentioned there's a big difference between bail systems in USA and Czech Republic. The fact that you agree to pay the bail doesn't mean that you will be released immediately.

According to Randy's Czech attorney, he is supposed to be released soon and he will be probably allowed to return home. Nevertheless, he will have to return for further investigation or the trial. You can read it here:
http://www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/us-metal-singer-arrested-in-prague-on-manslaughter-charges-awaiting-release-on-bail
26.07.2012 - 21:09
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by gid on 12.07.2012 at 20:42

You mean like chucking fans onto their heads? Yeah. That's nobody's fault.

Aye.
27.07.2012 - 06:06
monoblogist

It would be horrifying to be locked up in a foreign country (especially wrongly), and I really feel for this guy after doing some reading on the situation. Please take time to read up on it, and maybe sign the White House petition or whatever...
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-randy-blythe.html
----
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/
22.09.2012 - 07:08
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I think I heard somewhere that he's now released, is this true?
22.09.2012 - 07:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 22.09.2012 at 07:08

I think I heard somewhere that he's now released, is this true?

Wow man! seems like you're really late into the party, eh?. He was released like um a month back I guess. Beh!

Hits total: 21405 | This month: 18