Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Randy Blythe Arrested, Prosecutor's Complaint Against Release Dismissed (Update)

UPDATE on 17.07.2012: [Thanks to Ace Frawley] According to Czech news site iDNES.cz, a Prague Municipal Court has now dismissed the prosecutor's complaint to deny Blythe bail with the intent of blocking his release. However, the cost of Blythe's bail has been doubled, from $200,000 to $400,000. Moreover, the prosecutor can file another complaint against the latest decision, which would further delay Blythe's release even if he does pay the $400,000. So, there is no telling when this will stop.

Randy Blythe's next Czech court appearance is scheduled for Thursday, July 19th. Blesk.cz has also released an interview reportedly with Randy Blythe conducted via his attorney about his arrest last month and you can read the translation over here.

UPDATE on 06.07.2012: Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe is still in prison even though his bail has been posted. The band's manager Larry Mazer revealed in an interview with Blesk.cz that it may take up to 20 days for Randy to be released because "the investigator may require more time to investigate the case." Meanwhile, the band has set up a page where fans can donate to Randy's legal fund.

Lamb Of God posted the following message: "As many of you know, Randy is being held in Czech jail for a crime we believe he did not commit. We are still learning about the legal system there and the situation is fluid. We have retained local legal counsel, have support from the US Embassy and we are flying over additional lawyers to try and assure that Randy has the best representation possible. As many of you have pointed out, the simple fact is that the legal fees are adding up very quickly."

"While we appreciate the outpouring of support, we are not interested in trying to profit or gather press or sympathy from this event. We have assembled this page to make it possible for people that feel so inclined to donate to the expenses incurred in defending this case. One hundred percent of the money raised will go to the legal fees and any remaining balance will be given to a charity of Randy's choice upon his release."

UPDATE on 02.07.2012: According to the Czech Republic's Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe remained in custody Monday in Prague, as his bail money had not arrived in the court account, informed the judge of the District Court for Prague 8 Peter Fassati. Management is trying to transfer funds as soon as possible, although Blesk.cz is reporting that Blythe may remain in Pankrác prison at least ten more days.

UPDATE on 01.07.2012 [Thanks to Cynic Metalhead]: Czech website Blesk.cz and TV Nova report that Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe was reportedly released on 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000) from a Czech jail, where he had been held since Wednesday (June 27) on suspicion of manslaughter. Reports state that Blythe has been released on the condition that his bail be secured as soon as bank access allows, presumably on Monday (July 2nd).

Randy Blythe appeared before court yesterday at 10:00 a.m due to his alleged involvement in the death of a 19-year-old fan at a 2010 show in Prague. Randy was also considered a flight risk by the judge and will reportedly have to remain in the country at least for the next two days but the manslaughter charges haven't been dropped, and the investigation is still ongoing.

The following message was posted on the band's twitter: "RANDY IS FUCKIN' FREE!"

The band's guitarist Mark Morton tweeted: "finally HOME! 4/5 of us anyway. I can't wait to give Randy a big bear hug & kiss his pointy, stubbly face! Thanx for all the support yall!"

An official statement is expected to be released tomorrow with details about the proceedings.

UPDATE: Adrenaline PR, the PR firm that works with Lamb Of God, has released the following full statement regarding the reports of Randy's arrest: "Lamb Of God Management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos."

"Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head."

"Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate."

Original news, published on 29.06.2012

According to Czech news site Novinky.cz, Lamb Of God vocalist Randy Blythe has been arrested in Prague yesterday on charges of manslaughter, and the band has cancelled their performance with All Shall Perish and Skeletonwitch at the Rock Café in Czech Republic.

Blythe's arrest apparently is from a concert that took place on May 24, 2010. Allegedly, a fan jumped on stage during the show, resulting in a physical altercation with the frontman. The fan eventually succumbed to his injuries and died, leading to the charges Blythe now faces.

A spokesperson for Lamb Of God says that Blythe is "wrongly accused", that the band's "lawyers are dealing with it", and that "we expect him to be fully exonerated."

Also, in the early hours of this morning the band tweeted "#FreeRandyBlythe".

Source: metalsucks.net
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 17.07.2012 by carpe diem

Comments page 2 / 6

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 178   Visited by: 796 users
29.06.2012 - 17:56
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Appropriate time to revisit this? Top 10 Things To Do At A Metal Show
29.06.2012 - 17:58
Lit.
Account deleted
THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING ACCUSATION!
29.06.2012 - 17:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Timmeh on 29.06.2012 at 17:51

Wow. Who says this kid was 14 also? (I can't find that anywhere). Gah, need more info!

Needs for info?

better to just check it out what Randy's brother has to say.

Source: Metalsucks.

Quote:
[Randy] was very irritated when someone decided to join him on stage. At first Randy hit him a lot, then Randy jumped on him to hold him down while he continued singing? When the fan got up, Randy took him by the hair and threw down quite quickly. It was a good thing the fan was so dazed that he probably felt nothing. It took him a little while to realize what happened and as he struggled to get his breathe back. Randy does behave quite pretentious, but the performance was important to him."

Other comments on the story include:

"Everything OK with that guy who fell down after a stage-push? We saw ambulance late after concert"

"He came down with a thud, when he fell down. The kid died after 14 days in a coma for bleeding in the brain!"

"OMG impossible! The vocalist should be sued then? He pulled him really heavily."
29.06.2012 - 18:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Seems Randy Blythe is no Maynard James Keenan...

that's how you front and take down a stage rusher.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.06.2012 - 18:49
Cathval

Regardless of if the guy jumped the barricade, Randy pushed him.

Unless he knew the guy was going to kill him... I think this may be a "case closed" scenario.
29.06.2012 - 19:24
Fade To Black

I wonder if the mainstream media are going to blow this out of proportion or just ignore it.
29.06.2012 - 19:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Cathval on 29.06.2012 at 18:49

Unless he knew the guy was going to kill him... I think this may be a "case closed" scenario.

He was in his right to push the guy off the stage since security didn't do it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2012 - 19:48
Rulatore

Written by Guest on 29.06.2012 at 17:58

THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING ACCUSATION!

We have a winner here
29.06.2012 - 19:55
Cathval

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2012 at 19:25

Written by Cathval on 29.06.2012 at 18:49

He was in his right to push the guy off the stage since security didn't do it.
What justification can you give?
29.06.2012 - 19:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Cathval on 29.06.2012 at 19:55

The kid shouldn't be on the stage and isn't allowed there. It's really annoying when a fan comes onto the stage to hug, or whatever, the artist or to shout in the microphone. So security should have dragged him away. But since they didn't do that Randy decided to push the guy away himself.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2012 - 20:02
Cathval

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2012 at 19:58

Written by Cathval on 29.06.2012 at 19:55

The kid shouldn't be on the stage and isn't allowed there. It's really annoying when a fan comes onto the stage to hug, or whatever, the artist or to shout in the microphone. So security should have dragged him away. But since they didn't do that Randy decided to push the guy away himself.
Randy should have considered whether his actions could lead to injury.

CASE CLOSED.
29.06.2012 - 20:10
Baz Anderson

I'm just glad this didn't happen here in the UK, because I dread to think what the repercussions would have been. I have been to many many many shows were there has been no security at all, but these are the underground bands that certainly wouldn't be able to afford to hire venues if it was made a legal requirement for there to be at least X amount of security for a show.
29.06.2012 - 20:14
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Baz Anderson on 29.06.2012 at 15:31

Wow, that's serious... The guy shouldn't have jumped on the stage - but he should have been dealt with by security, not Randy! Ever since I saw that video of Marduk's singer throwing a random guy over the speaker, I wondered when something like this would happen... Regardless of the failure of the security, if Randy killed the guy he has committed a crime.

I completely agree. The victim should have thought about it before jumped on stage. But since he did it, from that moment on it was security responsibility. Since Randy probably wanted to show the guy who the boss was, he acted, and took all the responsibility of the events to himself. Sadly he guy died, so now he should take all the responsibilities for it, as he did in the night of the event.

I saw that Marduk video too and I was shocked how could something like that even happen. These cases should be dealt by security, using non aggressive force, and violence only as last resort. If I remember correctly, he just put his arm around vocalist's shoulder (seems pretty harmless to me), and he projected the fan out of the stage. The way he fell, I bet it wasn't so pleasant, and it could end very badly as well. If I was the guy I'm not sure if I'd charge for a law suit and make him regret his actions.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.06.2012 - 21:29
ruiaqf
Account deleted
Die in prison bitch, ignorant dude that just thinks he's badass, the rest of the band is cool but this guy is just too problematic.

HATERS GONNA HATE! FUCK YOU!
29.06.2012 - 21:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 29.06.2012 at 21:29

Die in prison bitch, ignorant dude that just thinks he's badass, the rest of the band is cool but this guy is just too problematic.

HATERS GONNA HATE! FUCK YOU!

have you actually read what happened?

By the looks of it you haven't and you are ranting like a lunatic.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2012 - 21:39
Vombatus
Potorro
Even if the kid shouldn't go on stage and the later action was accidental, he should have thought of the possible consequences.

Maybe a little more gentle like Mortuus ? Or take example on some other bands that don't mind fans on stage (and add some fun to the show )
29.06.2012 - 22:16
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
Just cause some jackass fan did something stupid, he's got to suffer now.
29.06.2012 - 22:19
moe5512

Best. News. Ever.
29.06.2012 - 22:34
Jiri

Written by afu on 29.06.2012 at 13:48

Note to self, don't beat someone to death in front of witnesses.

Hahahaha, best comment evva!
29.06.2012 - 22:51
axelx666

To die by randy blyth is a blessing. (lol)
but sad news. U_U
i'll have to keep tabs on this.
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
29.06.2012 - 23:43
The Voyager
The Table
This is the fan's fault. Regardless of what happened, you're not supposed to go on the stage for any reason whatsoever unless the band asks you to or something. It's unfortunate what happened to the kid, but Randy was just doing what pretty much every other person would do in that situation. You never know what someone's purpose is for coming onto the stage like that, and if security couldn't keep him off, Randy had a right to remove him. I don't even like Lamb of God that much, but Randy didn't do anything wrong, assuming the facts that have been revealed are the truth.
30.06.2012 - 00:46
Elodie Artour
Slania
Wow. Just wow...

I've finally just now managed to read through all of the comments in this thread. I gotta say, good justification guys. To me, it came as quite the shock since I recently saw Lamb Of God live for the first time and they did an amazing job.

Regardless of what actually happened, I hope for a just outcome in the lawsuit. What I'd like to add here is that (as Troy has already mentioned) Randy was probably acting on instinct. I mean, srly - imagine yourself sitting on the bar at some local drinking your beer and all of a sudden, that crazy guy just jumps on you or something. It may not be the very same case but it is quite similar. Because one thing's for sure; it happened all of a sudden. Thus, I'm not convinced that Randy has had enough time to actually analyze the situation adequately. He acted unreasonably due to all the chaos going through his head around that time and his actions, seemingly, caused more trouble than they should have... I'm afraid he will indeed have to face a charge of some sort with serious consequences. If the boy's family is into the money, then there is still hope for Randy. Nevertheless, actions do speak for themselves. :/

I've been wondering, though... Isn't there any YouTube material from that night available?

And (last but not least,) I kinda wanna believe that Randy isn't guilty for some reason. I also truly hope that this news won't affect the band's career too much. After all, it's not all of them having been accused, so it would be a shame...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
30.06.2012 - 01:07
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HOHOHO GNARLY! Hopefully he beats the rap, maybe he should call Ray Lewis or Kobe Bryant's lawyers, they could get him out of anything.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.06.2012 - 03:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
This is a really complex subject if you ask me. I think in the end we have to take responsibility for our actions. The poor guy died doing something stupid, but he could never predict he would die because of that, nor did Randy predicted he could kill him (directly or not).

I ask myself this question: did the victim deserved what he got? Simple answer is 'No'. Does Randy deserves what's (probably) coming? I'd say yes, if he was in fact responsible for it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
30.06.2012 - 04:24
Void Eater
Account deleted

Therefor, Randy is innocent.
30.06.2012 - 04:37
Svneatr
Vitharr
Written by Guest on 30.06.2012 at 04:24

Therefor, Randy is innocent.

IF chewbacca lived on Endor you must acquit.
30.06.2012 - 08:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Cathval on 29.06.2012 at 20:02
Randy should have considered whether his actions could lead to injury.
CASE CLOSED.

Randy was probably worried about what the fan was up to.

CASE DEBATABLE.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2012 - 17:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The Music Industry Reacts To Randy Blythe's Arrest.

OUTTTTAAAA HEEREEE.
01.07.2012 - 03:21
Elodie Artour
Slania
According to the band's official Twitter page, Randy has been released already.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
01.07.2012 - 04:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.06.2012 at 08:16

CASE DEBATABLE.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 21406 | This month: 19