Metal Storm logo
Automatical vs Manual Gear Stick

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.07.2012 - 16:59
What cars do you prefere more
There is 3 posibilities and what do you prefere

I personaly like only automatical, Its been long since I drove a car but manual is pain in ass, you need work whit legs, arms, its totaly nonsence to me
I prefere only automatical cars, you simply drive, car do all itr self, ok reverse but its easy , no work whit legs 2 pedales, one gass one brake
I know it was stupid think to do but I start even use one leg for gass one for brake, its easy one leg gass one rfake, even its totaly aganst all driving rules, but I dont care since I never willd rive manual car. I did it also when I have forth lift truck practice (it was 3 day job only) one gass, one brake, its much easyer,
So for me only automatic, IMO all manual cars can disapear , we have new loyouts, new HD TV, new PC whatever, why we need keep this old fassion crap manual car ?

Poll

What do you prefere more?

Manual
Automatic
All 3 Is Good
Semi Automatic

Total votes: 46
18.03.2019 - 11:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dude check out this
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2019 - 14:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1th time in traffic I drove automatic car, I could drove 110km/h max here 8Swe max is 120, but S Swe is shithole) . manually I drive max 90 on 110 road, even slower.
My advice to folks who takes driving license, try automatic , skip manual shit, try automatic and help us kill manual.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2019 - 14:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2019 at 14:21

My advice to folks who takes driving license, try automatic , skip manual shit, try automatic and help us kill manual.

That is actually bad advice.It is best to take drving lessons with manual stick because then once you've got your license you're allowed to drive both manual and automatic whereas when you take lessons in automatic cars you're only allowed to drive automaic once you get your license and not allowed to drive manual.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2019 - 15:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.05.2019 at 14:53

Written by Bad English on 22.05.2019 at 14:21

That is actually bad advice.It is best to take drving lessons with manual stick because then once you've got your license you're allowed to drive both manual and automatic whereas when you take lessons in automatic cars you're only allowed to drive automaic once you get your license and not allowed to drive manual.

Thats what I did. But many people nowadays tries automat , and I think manual will die after 20 years, will be rare.
Its better here in winter, when you need change a gear on icy road at winter time.
I dont like it but I think its good I can drive it, I did it, works fine when I drive to cottage inside or to the mountains, you dont see more as 10 cars per h on the road.
When you need a stop fast when reindeer, noose or rabit run on the road, when I was force to stop, 3 times someone could crush in my back, because they drove maybe 30km above the limit, automatic would be easier to start.
In a city or rush hour I like auto, its much easier when you need focus on drivers, people, bycicle, dead angle, mirror and so on,

btw you can take auto and drive manual, untill police stops you and you pay fine
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2019 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does cops check out what kind a driver license you have? I have manual, but there are no written, whats difference between those 2 in visuals? I dont see any thing what says what kind you have all my friends has manual, non has auto, so I can not compare
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2019 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since its car well, next year I will put summer tires onm late may, and winter tires at mid september, old bill dont care either, even law is you can put 1. oktober till last april, but last november to last 1th april all cars what drives in Swe must have on. I will do on salon, I cant do my self, all is overbocked and well its fucking icy. I hate it, cant drive when I need.
----

apos;'
[image]
20.10.2019 - 21:07
Fulcrum

Seems I am the only fool for semi automatic For me, nothing beats it (I really hope semi-automatic means dual-clutch not the robotized single clutch idiotism someone came up with). I drove an Evo X with a Getrag dual clutch and it ws blistering fast - in sport you can't even blink for the time it shifts.

On the other hand, my daily one is a C-class with a classic automatic and I hate it. When you floor it it thinks exactly 2 seconds on what to do. But yes, I can have a coffee and drive at the same time
20.10.2019 - 22:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is semi automatic
----

apos;'
[image]