Metal Storm logo
Abigail Williams - Calling It Quits

With 7 years in existence, US extreme metallers Abigail Williams have decided to put down their instruments by the end of this year, following a lot of touring to say farewell.

The band states: "After much consideration we have decided to make these upcoming Abigail Williams shows our last US tour. This was a very hard decision to make but feels absolutely necessary at this point. I've had the best times of my life with this band and learned so much about what I want to do with music as well as what I don't like about the industry etc and we honestly feel like it's best to put the band to rest after making what we feel to be our very best album. I'm honestly just feeling satisfied with everything we have done as Abigail Williams and I feel ready to put it to rest. We want everyone to know this has nothing to do with differences inside the band as we are still very much a family and these are still the same people I want to make music with now and in the future.

We think that 2012 is the perfect year for new beginnings and we definitely plan to put music out later this year in the form of a new band(s). It would be easy to give people the names to our new projects here but rather than capitalize off this announcement we would rather word get out naturally starting with our friends when the time is right. We want to thank our friends and fans who have supported us through the good and bad times over the years, we know it's been a very bumpy road at times. We are still very dedicated to making music and this change will actually allow us to do more of what we want to do and be more productive. We hope to see everyone on the road for this tour that we booked DIY for the most part by ourselves. The dates are below even though some of them are still waiting to be confirmed. Also we want to emphasize that this is our last US tour and that we are open to touring overseas if the right tour comes up."

7/26 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Muddy Waters
7/27 - Mexicali, CA @ TBA
7/28 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Black Castle
7/29 - Temecula, CA @ The Vault
7/30 - Tempe, AZ @ The Rogue Bar
7/31 - Las Vegas, NV @ TBA
8/3 - Salt Lake City, UT @ TBA
8/4 - Prince, UT @ House show
8/5 - Denver, CO @ Old Curtis St Bar
8/7 - Midland, TX @ Pine Box
8/8 - Fort Worth, TX @ Tomcats West
8/9 - Austin, TX @ TBA
8/10 - San Antonio, TX @ Zombies
8/11 - Houston, TX @ Numbers
8/12 - Baton Rough, LA @ Here Today Gone Tomorrow
8/13 - New Orleans, LA @ Siberia
8/14 - Tampa, FL @ TBA
8/15 - Miami, FL @ TBA
8/16 - Satellite Beach, FL @ Wynfields
8/17 - Orlando, FL @ Bombshells
8/18 - Columbus, GA @ The Plughouse
8/19 - TBA
8/20 - Johnson City, TN @ Hideaway
8/21 - Roanoke, VA @ Coffin House
8/22 - Baltimore, MD @ Talking Head
8/23 - Frederick, MD @ Cafe 611
8/24 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Smiling Moose
8/25 - Columbus, OH @ The Shrunken Head
8/26 - Lansing, MI @ Blackened Moon
8/27 - Chicago, IL @ Ultra Lounge
8/28 - Louisville, KY @ TBA
8/29 - Nashville, TN @ TBA
8/30 - Birmingham, AL @ The Nick
9/1 - Kansas City, MO @ The Riot Room
9/2 - Quincy, IL @ The State Room
9/3 - St. Louis, MO @ Fubar
9/4 - Des Moines, IA @ The House Of Bricks
9/5 - Milwaukee, WI @ Port Of Hamburg
9/6 - St Paul, MN @ TBA
9/7 - Fargo, ND @ TBA
9/9 - Billings, MT @ TBA
9/10 - Camping Yellowstone
9/11 - Camping Yellowstone
9/12 - Boise, ID @ TBA
9/13 - Spokane, WA @ TBA
9/14 - Seattle, WA @ TBA
9/15 - Portland, OR @ TBA

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Abigail Williams
Event: Abigail Williams: US Tour 2012
Posted: 02.07.2012 by Azoic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 158 users
02.07.2012 - 16:32
strade

Sounds to me like they want to put a stigmatized name to rest and start over as a new brand entirely.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
02.07.2012 - 17:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Too bad
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.07.2012 - 19:56
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Good riddance...they finally realized that this type of sterile black metal is a fucking boring dead horse. Rather ditch the name and write stuff like "In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns" - at least that had some balls to it.
02.07.2012 - 21:49
Vermoorden

Written by Guest on 02.07.2012 at 19:56

Good riddance...they finally realized that this type of sterile black metal is a fucking boring dead horse. Rather ditch the name and write stuff like "In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns" - at least that had some balls to it.

^This. The EP and in the shadows of 1000suns were good.. The 2 newer albums suuuuuucccccckedd.
03.07.2012 - 00:45
I_Die_Often

Maybe if they weren't an opener for EVERY tour that comes thru!
Get a litte tired of seeing them...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
03.07.2012 - 01:00
infernaldeath87

WTF this band made great music! NOOOO!!!!
03.07.2012 - 02:19
RavenKing

I don't think lots of people will miss this band.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.07.2012 - 07:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I don't care about who will or won't miss this band - I'm kind of upset that I won't get to hear how they follow up their latest release. :/

Oh well, by the sounds of it they'll be moving on to different (possibly bigger/better) things. Should make for some interesting new bands to check out in the near future.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 4051 | This month: 3