Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Nergal Reveals Cover For His Autobiography "Sacrum Profanum"

Adam "Nergal" Darski, also known as the frontman of Polish death metallers Behemoth, will be releasing an autobiography titled "Sacrum Profanum" this coming October. The book cover has now been revealed and it was created with the help of Seth Spiro and Ivo Ledwozyw. The book is supposed to be about his fight with leukemia as well as his life as part of Behemoth.

Nergal commented: "Front cover of my book revealed! Out in October... in Polish... depending on interest we might be translating this into English. Hope you dig the artwork! Mr. Seth Spiro is the one who did postproduction and Mr. Ivo took this picture!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 03.07.2012 by Armin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 271 users
03.07.2012 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Soon this book be banned and burn in mass fire like in Hitlesrs Germany when thay burned books
This time it will be organised by .... shood I say it?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.07.2012 - 21:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Inb4 forehead jokes...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.07.2012 - 21:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Huh, could be an interesting read depending on how far back they go with discussing Behemoth... I'd be curious to read up on Nergal's vision evolving beyond the traditional black metal style of their early career.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.07.2012 - 21:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.07.2012 at 21:22

Inb4 forehead jokes...

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.07.2012 - 22:57
BreadGod
Account deleted
I hope this book get translated into english sometime soon. This seems like an autobiography I would actually read.
03.07.2012 - 23:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.07.2012 at 21:38

Huh, could be an interesting read depending on how far back they go with discussing Behemoth... I'd be curious to read up on Nergal's vision evolving beyond the traditional black metal style of their early career.

My same thoughts exactly. And hopefully they do decide to print it in English.

Hopefully he does something on his Facebook or the Behemoth site so all us non-Polish speakers can "Like" for an English print of the book...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

03.07.2012 - 23:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
If it doesn't get translated immediately, someone will probably be hired to do it once the book reaches a certain amount of sales in Poland.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.07.2012 - 23:42
Lit.
Account deleted
I don't suppose he'll be tried for tearing that apart on stage, too?
03.07.2012 - 23:47
pisymbol

I would definitely buy the book if it gets translated to English. Please.
04.07.2012 - 00:36
Just posting to say I'd def. buy an English copy and agree with the above. I'd like to hear him talk about their early career.
04.07.2012 - 00:55
Methuselah

Seth Spiro seems to be getting a lot of work involving his artwork lately. Anyways, yeah I would definitely buy it. Always been a huge Behemoth fan.
04.07.2012 - 01:17
AlexD2B

I suppose it gets the point across that it is about Nergal, but (like Behemoth's music) I find it rather boring.
04.07.2012 - 01:23
Cathval

"I sang about dragons, mysticism, made an extreme metal band, dated a famous (and hysterically insane) Polish pop star, and almost died of a fatal disease...and I hate religion".

There.
I just summarized his entire life story for you all.
04.07.2012 - 01:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AlexD2B on 04.07.2012 at 01:17
I find it rather boring.

I highly doubt he imagined a picture of himself would excite readers. I think the cover art illustrates perfectly that the book will be dealing with his life and his battle with cancer.

If I ever write a book I'll be sure to have all kinds of explosions and shit on the cover though, just to make sure I get peoples' heart rates up.
----
04.07.2012 - 01:30
AlexD2B

Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.07.2012 at 01:28

Written by AlexD2B on 04.07.2012 at 01:17
I find it rather boring.

I highly doubt he imagined a picture of himself would excite readers. I think the cover art illustrates perfectly that the book will be dealing with his life and his battle with cancer.

If I ever write a book I'll be sure to have all kinds of explosions and shit on the cover though, just to make sure I get peoples' heart rates up.

Suppose it's like that ago old saying don't judge a book by its cover aye?
04.07.2012 - 01:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Cathval on 04.07.2012 at 01:23

I feel like a frothing fanboy the way I'm defending this already, but I doubt this book will be that simple. Biographies and autobiographies often provide far more detailed personal reflections and interesting anecdotes - things you don't read in interviews or come to understand even if you manage to snag a quick chat with a musician backstage. I imagine he'll mention his upbringing and what kind of childhood he had, what influenced him to start Behemoth, how religion has made such a significant impact on his life, what it was like to go through the cancer battle, and how his recent lifestyle changes have all but removed him from the black metal stereotype.
----
04.07.2012 - 01:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AlexD2B on 04.07.2012 at 01:30
Suppose it's like that ago old saying don't judge a book by its cover aye?

Normally we use that when referring to album covers here but it's nice to be able to use it in an actual book thread.
----
04.07.2012 - 02:47
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

"I sang about dragons, mysticism, made an extreme metal band, dated a famous (and hysterically insane) Polish pop star, and almost died of a fatal disease...and I hate religion".

There.

Not. You just summarized the What, the book will be much more and explain the How/Why/When etc. of all these things, which Im sure many people both inside and outside the metal community would like to hear. Im not a huge Nergal fan cuz I think his Anti-religious-antics are pushed a little too far but Im interested to see Why he is like this and that is what autobiographies do, they help you understand a person. And I also think this will help people outside the metal community understand metal a bit more too. Autobiographies can be educational.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
04.07.2012 - 02:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Translated by Bing.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.07.2012 - 06:37
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Made from the best flamable materials and with easy-to-tear pages.
What would happen if it reveals that Nergal's a devout catholic and the satan stuff is pure showmanship?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
04.07.2012 - 08:14
Opethian

Hes got Robocop's Forehead .....
05.07.2012 - 09:50
Big-Al

This seems a little early in his life? I'm looking forward to more great stuff from the guy!
----

I drink moosepiss
07.07.2012 - 16:11
Ander

Considering the guy was diagnosed with leukemia and could easily be dead by now, the release of his autobiography seems perfectly understandable to me.

I mean, he's one of the few Metal artists who actually survived cancer, and I can totally understand his state of mind and wish to share his life story with others after he recovered (although I admit I don't know if this release was planned before or after his diagnosis and treatment).

Plus, I'm pretty sure Adam has millions of interesting stories to share with his public. I might consider buying this if it is translated in English or French.
07.07.2012 - 23:24
Ch3m1c4lThr4sh

I am definitely interested in reading an English version. It would be a shame if it would stay only in a polish version, which would mean it will be limited to a small group of fans.
Seems very interesting to read about his fight against cancer as well as reading about his life in the band
12.07.2012 - 18:03
F.N.S.C.A.C

Written by AngelofDeth on 04.07.2012 at 02:47

There.

Not. You just summarized the What, the book will be much more and explain the How/Why/When etc. of all these things, which Im sure many people both inside and outside the metal community would like to hear. Im not a huge Nergal fan cuz I think his Anti-religious-antics are pushed a little too far but Im interested to see Why he is like this and that is what autobiographies do, they help you understand a person. And I also think this will help people outside the metal community understand metal a bit more too. Autobiographies can be educational.

Sense of humour failure spotted.
12.07.2012 - 20:48
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by F.N.S.C.A.C on 12.07.2012 at 18:03

Cept the first post wasnt really funny to begin with...
----
pewpew.. gotcha
14.07.2012 - 21:16
F.N.S.C.A.C

Written by AngelofDeth on 12.07.2012 at 20:48

Written by F.N.S.C.A.C on 12.07.2012 at 18:03

Cept the first post wasnt really funny to begin with...

Touché sir, touché.

Hits total: 5232 | This month: 3