Metal Storm logo
Abigor

14.11.2006 - 20:40
ASiema113

Abigor is a black metal band from Austria formed in 1993 I've so far listened to
-Origo Regium
Nachthymnen/Orkblut - The Retaliation
some of their better known songs include
-Eclipse My Heart, Crown Me King
-Reborn Through The Gates Of Three Moons
interesting band in my opinion, write about what you think of these guys
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
15.11.2006 - 10:52
Vakshay
Account deleted
I've just ordered Abigor's final recording, the 'Shockwave 666'. I've heard some people say that later Abigor is not very good, however it was a pretty good price and it will be the first I hear of them. Any personal feedback/comments on later Abigor (esp. that release) would be much appreciated.
16.11.2006 - 15:27
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I have listened to the albums "Orkblut- the retaliation", "supreme Immortal art" and "chanelling the quintessence of Satan" by the band.
Their vocals was the first thing that impressed me. I think the band's vocals(especially in their album "Orkblut- the retaliation") is similar to Varg's vocals(Burzum). Their music is very melodic. I liked the band's keyboard sound as well. Their songs speed up at most appropriate places.I like the band's logo as well.
Abigor is indeed a great BM band!
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.11.2006 - 19:05
Ruines
Account deleted
Satanized (their last album before the "Shockwave 666" ep is pretty awesome. But it's very strange and "spacial" (if that makes sense). Not for everyone but definately a good album. Repulsor is my fav song from them.
08.12.2006 - 01:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
well Abigor are one of famous and well knwo band who play BM and come from german speeking countries,
IMO well know and Im not big fan of them, but I like something, I hear them firts in BM radio and I like it
I like album covers specialy in demo tapes, and well i dunno if I will hear tthem but from band I like 3 albums
''Verwüstung / Invoke the Dark Age''
''Nachthymnen (From the Twilight Kingdom)''
''Opus IV'' my fab of them

Well I dont wanna say that I play thos ealbums ewery day, I do it maybe once in year, but if I listen Abigor I like those and early lyrics but Im more into Dargaard and Summoring becauyse some Abigor mamber splay there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2006 - 20:22
ASiema113

Over the weekend I was going to Wis, & I just happened to be listening to Nachthymnen/Orkblut - The Retaliation. At first it was just like any other time I would listen to them, but as it began to grow darker and darker I could feel their music in a whole another way.

I have always understood what Atmospheric BM meant, but up to this point I've never truly felt the darkness, that is Abigor.

There is just something about driving in the cold nights of winter, accompanied by the glarring stars & the full moon that sets the atmosphere/mood for full enjoyment of the works of Abigor.

That's how & when BM should be played/enjoyed (imo) in the cold darkness underneath a winter sky...
----

16.01.2007 - 12:25
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@tumbarius : I agree with you man!
----
that which shines without names and forms...
09.01.2008 - 00:06
Sunioj

The earliest works are by far Abigor's best era. Supreme Immortal Art, Nachthymen, Verwustung and even the EPs like Orkbult, Apokalypse, and Opus IX are amazing too. Raw, melodic harmonies and synths at its best for me. ( though not all their work has synth ) to me 'Satanized...' and 'Channelling' are pretty average albums and I almost never listen to them. But 'Fractal Possession' is actually a step up, it seems alot more thought went into this album this time around.
09.01.2008 - 10:01
ASiema113

Written by Sunioj on 09.01.2008 at 00:06

The earliest works are by far Abigor's best era. Supreme Immortal Art, Nachthymen, Verwustung and even the EPs like Orkbult, Apokalypse, and Opus IX are amazing too. Raw, melodic harmonies and synths at its best for me. ( though not all their work has synth ) to me 'Satanized...' and 'Channelling' are pretty average albums and I almost never listen to them. But 'Fractal Possession' is actually a step up, it seems alot more thought went into this album this time around.

Yea I know what you mean I've always liked Abigor's earlier work, but listening to Fractal Possesion gave me a new perspective on their music. While I never expected such an Industrial sound in their music, I'll say they've done it well. The only other band I've heard whose been successful in the genre would be "Thorns" from their self-entitled album. Im interseted to see how this genre prospers over time...
----

31.03.2008 - 22:20
ASiema113

I've recently started listening to some of Abigor's Nacht/Orkblut era tracks again, & have found myself seperating them from just the generic raw BM sound you would hear in countless numbers of bands. I've enjoyed Abigor for quite a while but havn't truely grasped or appreiciated their older works until now. Their riffs stand out to me know more then ever, and their well placed use of various instruments such as the flute, keyboard, etc just ascends my gratitude for them. My love for their dark sounds has been reborn again! Must be the weather , although I must say this is the first time I've seen fresh snow on the ground this late into the year .
----

16.04.2009 - 06:48
FOOCK Nam

Love the keyboard in Supreme Art Immortal. Very solid black metal for others of Abigor, they use a lot of double bass drum which I like.
16.04.2009 - 07:50
Lord_Regnier

Some people talked of vocals in Abigor.

Vocals on all their old albums (anything older than "Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan") were performed by Silenius, of the Austrian band Summoning. (demos excluded)
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
16.04.2009 - 17:47
grand_corbeau
Account deleted
Verwüstung, Nachthymnen and Orkblut are the best imo. Every records that Silenius sings on are great imo, but I've not been interested in what Abigor did after Silenius leaved.
16.04.2009 - 22:24
Sunioj

Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.04.2009 at 07:50

Some people talked of vocals in Abigor.

Vocals on all their old albums (anything older than "Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan") were performed by Silenius, of the Austrian band Summoning. (demos excluded)

If I'm not mistaken, I heard that they are going to re-record 'Channeling..' which will be great, because I hate the production on the old album. I don't mind the new vocalist as much, but it seems that a long with Silenius, left a trademark Abigor sound. Their last album was pretty interesting, but a bit too awkward for me; I like some avante-garde bands, but this was a bit too much for me.
16.04.2009 - 22:36
Lord_Regnier

From comments I heard on the internet, some of them from people I know are Black Metal fans since a long time, lots of people like the material with Silenius but think anything Abigor have done after his departure is shit or at least not good enough to spend money on it.

Personally, I love Summoning but I don't like Abigor, so I'm not qualified to talk about this band in details.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
22.06.2009 - 13:43
Smurfophagist

I like both Summoning and Abigor, and I think that Silenius is one of the best BM vocalists ever.
You should really give Nachthymnen a listen.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
14.10.2009 - 07:42
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I respect this band a lot...not the most popular but churns out quality black metal and I appreciate that.