Metal Storm logo
Relationship with your parents/what is your opinion about them?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.07.2012 - 12:33
I have lot more reasons to hate my parents than to love them.
I think my father is a control freak and sometime when he realizes this he eases off a little bit. But when it comes to making huge decisions he is always dominating.
My mother is an emotional rapist i think. She cries almost all the time and honestly i think she got that from watching too much TV dramas .

While my dad uses force to make me accept his decision, my mother uses fake emotions to get her way. She wants sympathy from everybody and i hate her for being such a low life.

So bottom line, I hate them and i haven't spoken to them for a year and just hope they get their lives together and stop depending on their children and society.
09.07.2012 - 16:03
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 09.07.2012 at 15:59

Written by Guest on 09.07.2012 at 15:46

I can understand her behavior now. All indian women want to keep men under control, like they want to domesticate them, tie them down.

Hmmm isn't it the other way around ?

Yeah that is true as well.. but that is valid when both of them are following the same culture.. Whatever i said is valid when the other one is following the western culture
09.07.2012 - 16:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 09.07.2012 at 16:03

I can understand her behavior now. All indian women want to keep men under control, like they want to domesticate them, tie them down.

Yeah that is true as well.. but that is valid when both of them are following the same culture.. Whatever i said is valid when the other one is following the western culture

/offtopic

Your country doesn't have where "moms are Metalheads"?
09.07.2012 - 20:09
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.07.2012 at 16:43

Written by Guest on 09.07.2012 at 16:03

/offtopic

Your country doesn't have where "moms are Metalheads"?

I think the're a few... maybe within 50 for the remaining millions of other mothers in this country.
10.07.2012 - 00:00
strade
I love my parents and little to say about them. No problems there, really.

Can you believe that miracle?
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
10.07.2012 - 01:40
MetalSpider
I can believe it...because I feel the same way about my parents. Love them and I got no issues with them. I couldn't ask for better parents....although if they were rich that would be even better! Haha I kid...but seriously, why couldn't they be rich!?
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.07.2012 - 06:09
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Good to see few people not having any issues with parents
10.07.2012 - 15:37
axelx666
My mom: always there for me, and loves me no matter what..

my dad: well it's easier to show you in song:

sorry if you don't like SP but i feel this is the perfect song. when i was young me and him were the best of buds.. . . but as i got older and times got harder, all it is, is work,home,sleep. we don't talk much.. we argue a lot and a couple of years ago, it turned into a fist-fight. he contradicts my mother and myself and lives by old-world values, because when he was young,he grew up in an abusive household and his parents got divorced and he had to do all the work..and because he was raised that way, he expects me to work that way.

it's a father-son relationship that is so powerful, it creates tensions.. . he loves me so much, he wants me to be happy, he wants us to be happy at the cost of his expense..

understand?
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
12.07.2012 - 04:30
I_Die_Often
My relationship with my Mom has pretty much been the same for 40 some years...
In her eyes, I am still a little kid, and questions why I am the way I am, why I am not the way she wants me to be.

I am me

I am not a Christian and a chaplain like my brother, I am an athiest and a metal head just married (for the third time) to a wonderful, Beautiful woman (who is black, mom
isn't happy about that either). I can't say she has ever been supportive of anything I've done, but inspite of this, I love her and I hope she is enlightened by her beliefs some day, and not just use them for hypocritical self rightousness.

I am me

Sure, parents can shape our lives and guide us in life, but in the end, we are all our own person who has to take responsibility for who we are and what we do.
I am a parent, I have done the best to shape my son into a decent member of society and I am damn proud of him.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
25.07.2012 - 22:18
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by strade on 10.07.2012 at 00:00

+1.
25.07.2012 - 23:40
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.07.2012 at 22:18

+1.

+1
25.07.2012 - 23:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
My mom's a bitch sometimes and my dad doesn't give a shit.

Normal family here.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.07.2012 - 03:55
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Well, my parents are wealthy. But I don't feel like I can really talk with them about serious issues. I don't feel close to them like how we should be with each other.

My dad grew up in a Conservative Christian household and identifies as one......it's mostly his conservative christian viewpoints that draw us apart. Thing is, he doesn't even know I'm a Passive Anarchist with Secular Humanist & Buddhist beliefs. I don't feel comfortable telling him either, if he were to learn I have Atheistic views, I think he'd flip out. I mean he curses like a sailor, he drinks alcohol, smoked weed up until I was like 2 years old......But it's like he's not wise enough to rise above his upbringing. He's also more dominating than necessary. But his heart's in the right place, if he'd abandon his politics and religion, we'd be closer.

Mom, while she may be more merciful and gentler than dad, she is far from being a rational thinker! She's more of an emotional thinker, and to me personally......that is a HUGE TURN OFF! I HATE emotional thinking, to me it's weak, it's unintelligent...... Conversating reasonably with her is futile. Her patriotism sickens me She's more hip to my views on Religion and Politics than my dad is, but she's still not totally spot on. She actually knows I've gone to strip clubs.....while she doesn't approve, I must say, that's something she at least tries to be understanding about (to her, it's simply a guy thing). She's a real pain in the ass whenever she smells my weed after I've smoked (which she detects like once every couple years)......But at least she doesn't snitch to dad (especially when I was younger). I know in her heart she loves me, but it's like she doesn't know how I guess.

In the household (including my younger sister), I'm actually the most rational and least emotional thinker of all. Some may say that's because of my Zodiac sign (Aquarius) haha.

I just wish I could be more open.
02.08.2012 - 08:57
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.07.2012 at 23:49

My mom's a bitch sometimes and my dad doesn't give a shit.

Normal family here.

My mom is a bitch most of the time... emotional rapist, that's what she is. I hope she gets her life together.
02.08.2012 - 09:03
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.07.2012 at 03:55

I just wish I could be more open.

Same here. But i have given up hope. I can only express myself completely in English and my parents speak regional language.

So its never gonna happen.

I think my friends understand me a little and i might find a girl someday who can understand me completely
02.08.2012 - 16:47
Thrashette
I'm not particularly open with my parents either. They're from a different generation and don't always understand what I think or what I'm going through. It's gotten a little better now that they don't just brush off anything I say with "Oh, you're just a stupid kid who wouldn't know anything", but my friends are definitely the ones I'd sooner go to for a serious heart-to-heart conversation or advice. My parents mostly just ask me how school's going, what I do on my crazy nights out (and how/when I'm getting home), and my mom occasionally asks if I found a guy who's relationship-worthy anyways...
02.08.2012 - 16:52
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 02.08.2012 at 16:47

I'm not particularly open with my parents either. They're from a different generation and don't always understand what I think or what I'm going through. It's gotten a little better now that they don't just brush off anything I say with "Oh, you're just a stupid kid who wouldn't know anything", but my friends are definitely the ones I'd sooner go to for a serious heart-to-heart conversation or advice. My parents mostly just ask me how school's going, what I do on my crazy nights out (and how/when I'm getting home), and my mom occasionally asks if I found a guy who's relationship-worthy anyways...

I guess generation gap is something that all teenagers deal with. There seems to be no solution for it.

And on a whole new subject, have you found a guy who is relationship worthy
03.08.2012 - 07:01
FOOCK Nam
@axelx666: I know that Simple Plan song. The first time I know its title, I immediately know it is song of emotional relationship between the boy and his parents and his interacting people.

The father son relationship is very tense. I have had very bad huge story with my parents. I think parenthood should be permanent open-minded, easy focused, less dominating and less dictatorial then family life would be more harmonized.
03.08.2012 - 08:05
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted

Can you believe that miracle?

NO generation gap eh?
03.08.2012 - 08:08
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.08.2012 at 07:01

@axelx666: I know that Simple Plan song. The first time I know its title, I immediately know it is song of emotional relationship between the boy and his parents and his interacting people.

The father son relationship is very tense. I have had very bad huge story with my parents. I think parenthood should be permanent open-minded, easy focused, less dominating and less dictatorial then family life would be more harmonized.

May be our generation could be better parents following your suggestions. But then again our kids will have a different idea about how their parent's should be. So what then ?
03.08.2012 - 08:24
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 03.08.2012 at 08:08

May be our generation could be better parents following your suggestions. But then again our kids will have a different idea about how their parent's should be. So what then ?

I'm pretty sure our generation would be different in parenthood, with whatever the kids think, open-minded between two parents and kids is very important. We got conflict from the parent because of control/dominating/imposing by them, this I utterly see in some old-tradition countries, like Vietnam, India, China, even South Korea those still have. The old tradition living lifestyle is Family-bloodline-ruler. This restrain a lot of freedom for the younger generation. That they must obey their parents, specially in big decisions in life, also even little tiny things.

All that due to no Individualism that there have in Western and USA. In such developed countries, parents give more freedom to children, from tiny things to big things like from child's own stuff to decision in life, choosing career, leaving for own life after 18s ,freely jobs, choosing life partner, and only need help from parents when asked (if not then no need of help from parents,... when parents intend to help you even you dont ask, they probably control/impose their act on you unnecessary which causes frustrate,... due to like they give you born then can tell and do whatever you must obey)

But most generally, the different between Western and old-tradition country is Individualism, both in culture and living style make you less suffocated.
03.08.2012 - 08:31
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.08.2012 at 08:24

I'm pretty sure our generation would be different in parenthood, with whatever the kids think, open-minded between two parents and kids is very important. We got conflict from the parent because of control/dominating/imposing by them, this I utterly see in some old-tradition countries, like Vietnam, India, China, even South Korea those still have. The old tradition living lifestyle is Family-bloodline-ruler. This restrain a lot of freedom for the younger generation. That they must obey their parents, specially in big decisions in life, also even little tiny things.

All that due to no Individualism that there have in Western and USA. In such developed countries, parents give more freedom to children, from tiny things to big things like from child's own stuff to decision in life, choosing career, leaving for own life after 18s ,freely jobs, choosing life partner, and only need help from parents when asked (if not then no need of help from parents,... when parents intend to help you even you dont ask, they probably control/impose their act on you unnecessary which causes frustrate,... due to like they give you born then can tell and do whatever you must obey)

But most generally, the different between Western and old-tradition country is Individualism, both in culture and living style make you less suffocated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22czcPNG-3M
you got to see this video. This is what dominating really is. These guys beat up the teens because they are against partying and they think those teens should celebrate their birthdays in a more cultural way.
03.08.2012 - 08:51
FOOCK Nam
@GrayWiZZarD: I watched, it is crazy unjust and totally dictatorial treatment on the teens. No offend, but I even know case like Taliban doesn't allow women painting their nails cutting the nails if painted, and a lot of cases in Egypt, Syria, even modern Arab, China some case shows ruthless no Human Rights... I think the culture and tradition, as well as history of the East is very huge and rich, but best in nowadays, way NO.
03.08.2012 - 08:56
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.08.2012 at 08:51

@GrayWiZZarD: I watched, it is crazy unjust and totally dictatorial treatment on the teens. No offend, but I even know case like Taliban doesn't allow women painting their nails cutting the nails if painted, and a lot of cases in Egypt, Syria, even modern Arab, China some case shows ruthless no Human Rights... I think the culture and tradition, as well as history of the East is very huge and rich, but best in nowadays, way NO.

I think older generations need to understand that we are not going to follow their tradition because they make us to do so. New generation was born in a different environment and were inspired by the western ideas. So hell yeah their lifestyle will have western influences. As long as it's not against the law teens can follow any culture they want.
03.08.2012 - 09:00
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 03.08.2012 at 08:56

I think older generations need to understand that we are not going to follow their tradition because they make us to do so. New generation was born in a different environment and were inspired by the western ideas. So hell yeah their lifestyle will have western influences. As long as it's not against the law teens can follow any culture they want.

Agreed, live your culture while follow the law. Wish India best
03.08.2012 - 09:02
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.08.2012 at 09:00

same to your country.
03.08.2012 - 09:11
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 03.08.2012 at 09:02

Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.08.2012 at 09:00

same to your country.

Thanks, I wish so too
03.08.2012 - 15:35
Thrashette

I think parenthood should be permanent open-minded, easy focused, less dominating and less dictatorial then family life would be more harmonized.

As long as there's some reasonable balance in between... Some of the newer parents around here are starting to do that but take it too far, to the point of not wanting to say no to their children, blaming other factors for their shortcomings, and acting more like a friend than a parent. That just turns kids into spoiled brats with no sense of respect or responsibility. I can't tell if I'm becoming cynical or if so many kids these days are stupid spoiled brats
09.08.2012 - 17:31
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 03.08.2012 at 15:35

I think parenthood should be permanent open-minded, easy focused, less dominating and less dictatorial then family life would be more harmonized.

As long as there's some reasonable balance in between... Some of the newer parents around here are starting to do that but take it too far, to the point of not wanting to say no to their children, blaming other factors for their shortcomings, and acting more like a friend than a parent. That just turns kids into spoiled brats with no sense of respect or responsibility. I can't tell if I'm becoming cynical or if so many kids these days are stupid spoiled brats

then again stupid spoil brats serve the society as well. they teach us how not to be like them
12.08.2012 - 21:00
FOOCK Nam
Written by Thrashette on 03.08.2012 at 15:35

Well, I just think you cant judge the kids,.. they are just kids. IMO when parenthood treat openminded, giving freedom, no control to the kids then the kids would behave well and farther obey parents to follow or accept the upbringing . Its like peace between parents and children, give and get with no domination from either side,
13.08.2012 - 16:30
MetallicA
This is an interesting topic...one of the more interesting ones I've seen in a while. As for my parents, I used to resent them so much for their lifestyle. My parents did care about us but they both just loved partying way too much. They never gave a fuck until it was too late. I hated living pay check to pay check, having to figure out who is going to drive my dad around because he hasn't had a drivers license in years, having to worry about who's going to jail next etc. Now, I look back on it and I'm not exactly glad I went through all that but I can say it definitely made me a stronger, more determined person. I have learned alot and when/ if I have kids, I will make sure they do not have to go through all the crap I went through.

@Thrashette - I think you're right about that. My parents were like my friends, not parents. They let us do whatever we wanted and never said no. That didn't make us spoiled brats (we were wayyyy too poor to be spoiled lol) but since our parents didn't care, neither did we. That's definitely not a good thing. There has to be some order and discipline (but not too much, you don't want your kids to hate you!). Fortunately, me and my oldest brother saw through this and still made good decisions. My other brother was screwing up just as bad as my parents but he eventually got himself together. He still has legal troubles from time to time but I think he'll be ok. His job is pretty awesome so at least he has that!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.