Metal Storm logo
Relationship with your parents/what is your opinion about them?

Original post

Posted by , 08.07.2012 - 12:33
I have lot more reasons to hate my parents than to love them.
I think my father is a control freak and sometime when he realizes this he eases off a little bit. But when it comes to making huge decisions he is always dominating.
My mother is an emotional rapist i think. She cries almost all the time and honestly i think she got that from watching too much TV dramas .

While my dad uses force to make me accept his decision, my mother uses fake emotions to get her way. She wants sympathy from everybody and i hate her for being such a low life.

So bottom line, I hate them and i haven't spoken to them for a year and just hope they get their lives together and stop depending on their children and society.
13.08.2012 - 16:36
Oaken
Hipster
Written by strade on 10.07.2012 at 00:00

I love my parents and little to say about them. No problems there, really.

Can you believe that miracle?

Yes, I do, because that that's my case too.
Written by Guest on 03.08.2012 at 08:05

NO generation gap eh?

Strade's father is a technical death metal guitarist, so I think that makes up for it
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
13.08.2012 - 17:21
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Oaken on 13.08.2012 at 16:36

NO generation gap eh?

Strade's father is a technical death metal guitarist, so I think that makes up for it

lucky bastard... i wish my dad was a death metal artist. so he can finally stop dominating me so much
13.08.2012 - 17:21
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Oaken on 13.08.2012 at 16:36

NO generation gap eh?

lucky bastard... i wish my dad was a death metal artist. so he can finally stop dominating me so much
14.08.2012 - 00:22
Thrashette

Written by FOOCK Nam on 12.08.2012 at 21:00

Well, I just think you cant judge the kids,.. they are just kids. IMO when parenthood treat openminded, giving freedom, no control to the kids then the kids would behave well and farther obey parents to follow or accept the upbringing . Its like peace between parents and children, give and get with no domination from either side,

Well that would open a discussion on how human nature works, which is something I shouldn't pretend to be an expert on... But like what was said in an earlier post, not everyone has the self-control and intelligence to make good decisions. I see other people my age who have horrible diets, are blowing all their cash on the next trend, never exercise, and don't study enough, and it makes me glad that my parents were strict with me... They hardly ever let me eat junk food, controlled how I spent my own money, forced me to exercise regularly, hardly ever let me go out unless I was home early, and gave me shit if I didn't come home with good grades. Of course I thought some of the things they did were unfair or unreasonable back then, but I'm grateful for a lot of it, now that I see their reasons behind it and what would have happened if they did things differently... But sheltering kids too much is definitely not good. Those are same kids who go completely crazy when they leave for college and are on their own lol
14.08.2012 - 08:23
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 14.08.2012 at 00:22

Well that would open a discussion on how human nature works, which is something I shouldn't pretend to be an expert on... But like what was said in an earlier post, not everyone has the self-control and intelligence to make good decisions. I see other people my age who have horrible diets, are blowing all their cash on the next trend, never exercise, and don't study enough, and it makes me glad that my parents were strict with me... They hardly ever let me eat junk food, controlled how I spent my own money, forced me to exercise regularly, hardly ever let me go out unless I was home early, and gave me shit if I didn't come home with good grades. Of course I thought some of the things they did were unfair or unreasonable back then, but I'm grateful for a lot of it, now that I see their reasons behind it and what would have happened if they did things differently... But sheltering kids too much is definitely not good. Those are same kids who go completely crazy when they leave for college and are on their own lol

I would have to agree with you to some level. My parents are exactly like yours but I rebel against them every time. Maybe that's just me. But i find parents who take control of teen's life to be really annoying. I wouldn't have minded them taking control of me when i was little, but as a teenager last thing i want them to do is to tell me what to do and what not to do.
14.08.2012 - 17:21
Thrashette

Written by Guest on 14.08.2012 at 08:23

I would have to agree with you to some level. My parents are exactly like yours but I rebel against them every time. Maybe that's just me. But i find parents who take control of teen's life to be really annoying. I wouldn't have minded them taking control of me when i was little, but as a teenager last thing i want them to do is to tell me what to do and what not to do.

Haha yeah, I still find myself lying to my parents, keeping certain details from them, and disobeying them a lot... I think parents just fail to realize when kids become able to think for themselves and make good choices, which is generally around the teen years. The media is filled with stories about teens drunk driving, dying from drug overdose, or doing something else equally stupid, so people assume all teens are reckless and irresponsible idiots who only care about personal enjoyment. And parents need to let their kids out to have a good time when they're responsible enough to handle whatever they're getting themselves into. My parents are starting to realize that I'm fairly capable though. Whenever I went out to a rave or concert, I used to have to tell them who I'm going with, what time I'll be home, where it is, etc (after they actually decided to let me go out, that is), but now they just tell me to have fun and be safe.
14.08.2012 - 17:24
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 14.08.2012 at 17:21

now they just tell me to have fun and be safe.

That is a good suggestion... not too dominating yet friendly wish my parents ever told me to have fun XD
14.08.2012 - 22:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
On that note my parents don't even bother at all anymore, for a while I was even barely at home or coming only to sleep at awkward hours like 4 AM or 6. Anyway I'm going to move out soon and have my own place finally so that will be history.
15.08.2012 - 07:05
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 14.08.2012 at 22:08

On that note my parents don't even bother at all anymore, for a while I was even barely at home or coming only to sleep at awkward hours like 4 AM or 6. Anyway I'm going to move out soon and have my own place finally so that will be history.

I've always wanted to live alone... but my parents would want me to tell them where i live are you living alone?
15.08.2012 - 10:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 15.08.2012 at 07:05

I've always wanted to live alone... but my parents would want me to tell them where i live are you living alone?

well, obviously not yet. I think what you need to do is focus more on how to get a job which would allow you a good standard of living on your own or someplace else, instead of venting your frustration with your parents on internet forums. These threads will not get you away from them but being more self-reliant definitely will, in the end.
15.08.2012 - 10:48
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 15.08.2012 at 10:14

well, obviously not yet. I think what you need to do is focus more on how to get a job which would allow you a good standard of living on your own or someplace else, instead of venting your frustration with your parents on internet forums. These threads will not get you away from them but being more self-reliant definitely will, in the end.

Message heard
24.08.2012 - 01:37
Ragana
Rawrcat

I've always wanted to live alone... but my parents would want me to tell them where i live

*gives a strange look*
isn't that kinda obvious?
24.08.2012 - 08:53
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Ragana on 24.08.2012 at 01:37

yes it is..but then they would want to visit me and give me suggestions about living and all that bullshit. i dont want them to know where i live so i could start my new life..
27.08.2012 - 05:36
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Guest on 24.08.2012 at 08:53

yes it is..but then they would want to visit me and give me suggestions about living and all that bullshit. i dont want them to know where i live so i could start my new life..

parents are like that everywhere. of course they "know" how to live better, haha. even though they may annoy you, sometimes they're still right about stuff.
27.08.2012 - 12:34
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Ragana on 27.08.2012 at 05:36

Written by Guest on 24.08.2012 at 08:53

parents are like that everywhere. of course they "know" how to live better, haha. even though they may annoy you, sometimes they're still right about stuff.

they are not right all the time, you know. and you are right they are really annoying. Can we be any better parents to our children someday, i wonder
27.08.2012 - 20:09
FOOCK Nam

Written by Valentin B on 15.08.2012 at 10:14

It depends on some level of where you are from. Don't know about Romany, but in Vietnam, India, China, Korea, people even after marriage still stay with them in a home until even having children, and of course under their control. It is Eastern tradition culture of the country as well tradition in culture of family living style. Even more the environment doesn't have any sense and chanciness of support you. It is tradition of culture here, not like White Caucasian culture at least in Europe and US. Even more than your age, I can leave home and coming back like you 4 AM or 6.

The thing I like USA and the West, is their opened freedom and individualism. In 60s people in US facing economic down, they work 3 or 4 jobs to earn money to support their children and family (I even read in a US magazine Alpha male they even just slept 3 or hours some all in a day then wen working)... that's why the when modern day now, with the strong culture or independence in life, children in US getting 18 then they leave home and live their own life. With no prejudice living style in their environment.

If I were born in US now, I could be a giant of success. I will try going there. Thanks for let me speak my opinion : ).

@GrayWiZZarD: I hate Lion Leo women. My Leo mother is nothing of both destroyer and annoy-er in my life and others too... check my signature. Don't trust what the Leo Ragana said, it is not true. If parents know better then there is no the world nowadays in general scale. Oh. my vendetta with my Leo mother...
28.08.2012 - 07:43
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.08.2012 at 20:09

@GrayWiZZarD: I hate Lion Leo women. My Leo mother is nothing of both destroyer and annoy-er in my life and others too... check my signature. Don't trust what the Leo Ragana said, it is not true. If parents know better then there is no the world nowadays in general scale. Oh. my vendetta with my Leo mother...

Yeah you are right! parents do think they know what is better for their kids, but in fact, its all about control, fear that their kids might end up doing something bad. And when the control starts to choke you, you got to get out.
People say "my parents are really annoying" but they love them, the fact is that, you would love any one if you would spend so many years with them. We spend atleast the beginning 18 or so years with them. we think they took care of us, so we should love them. But the fact is each person is born for himself, and doesnt owe anyone anything in his lifetime, and definitely not to parents.
28.08.2012 - 22:09
Nosfer

During childhood I didn't have any issue with my parents, and they didn't have much issues with me. I was allowed everything. And I didn't abuse that.

However, after many years living together with my GF and living far far away from my home town, I came to realize that I kinda missed an education and normal values. They really didn't teach me much at all, if anything.

They should have been stricter... but hey, that's where my girl kicks in ; -)
28.08.2012 - 22:50
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Nosfer on 28.08.2012 at 22:09

During childhood I didn't have any issue with my parents, and they didn't have much issues with me. I was allowed everything. And I didn't abuse that.

However, after many years living together with my GF and living far far away from my home town, I came to realize that I kinda missed an education and normal values. They really didn't teach me much at all, if anything.

They should have been stricter... but hey, that's where my girl kicks in ; -)

my parents were kinda strict and i wish they were like your's..but i guess opposite attracts
29.08.2012 - 05:51
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.08.2012 at 20:09

blah blah leo women blah

grow up!

Written by Guest on 27.08.2012 at 12:34

they are not right all the time, you know. and you are right they are really annoying. Can we be any better parents to our children someday, i wonder

well, did I say they're *always* right?
I think there are things we learn from our parents not even knowing it and later will use to, I dunno, discipline (?) our children. it's inevitable. but sure, we can be better as long as we try to think of children not ourselves.
29.08.2012 - 08:34
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Ragana on 29.08.2012 at 05:51

Written by Guest on 27.08.2012 at 12:34

well, did I say they're *always* right?
I think there are things we learn from our parents not even knowing it and later will use to, I dunno, discipline (?) our children. it's inevitable. but sure, we can be better as long as we try to think of children not ourselves.

i dont think they have thought many good things to me.. but i do think that i have learnt how not to be a bad parent by looking their mistakes.
my parents did everything possible to make me an engineer but they forgot one thing, that i am not a robot to be trained. I think what parents need to do is have an open mind and give your teen kids freedom to explore. Not restrict their freedom by "discipline".
i think thinking about children is one thing, but giving away your happiness for your childrens' is not a good thing. I they need to be made realized that "the family that you were born in is not your family by choice, you have the right to like them or dislike them, but the family you make in your lifetime is the real family of yours".
And i just made that up
31.08.2012 - 17:02
Yellax

Very solid relation with both parents. Always have and always will. My parents have been married for almost fifty years now too. They have been through so much shit. They always believed in everything that I wanted out of my life and never told me that anything that I ever did was a bad thing.
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
31.08.2012 - 17:50
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Yellax on 31.08.2012 at 17:02

Very solid relation with both parents. Always have and always will. My parents have been married for almost fifty years now too. They have been through so much shit. They always believed in everything that I wanted out of my life and never told me that anything that I ever did was a bad thing.

wish my parents were like your's
01.09.2012 - 06:52
ohthechaosity

Eh. my dad is a quasi preacher, which isn't much fun when it comes to liking metal and the like. He calls it sac-religion and rants about how I need to be baptised. Mom was/is emotionally abused by my dad and her's, so she's really distant. They always took care of me and my bro, so I can't complain about that but they did fuck us emotionally. Oh well, I wouldn't listen to metal if I was well adjusted
01.09.2012 - 07:18
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by ohthechaosity on 01.09.2012 at 06:52

Oh well, I wouldn't listen to metal if I was well adjusted

may be you would have had another reason to listen to metal..
01.09.2012 - 10:10
FOOCK Nam

Same with me, listening to metal due to some stress needed to calm it down. : )
01.09.2012 - 10:47
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 01.09.2012 at 10:10

Same with me, listening to metal due to some stress needed to calm it down. : )

what you listening to?
01.09.2012 - 17:12
Thrashette

Written by Guest on 01.09.2012 at 07:18

A lot of people listen to metal just to deal with negative emotions. That might even be part of the reason I was initially drawn to it... That's why you see so many young people listen to metal but then move on from it when the teen angst phase is over. But of course there's others who truly fall in love with the genre and enjoy it regardless of what they're feeling.
01.09.2012 - 18:28
ohthechaosity

Written by Thrashette on 01.09.2012 at 17:12

A lot of people listen to metal just to deal with negative emotions. That might even be part of the reason I was initially drawn to it... That's why you see so many young people listen to metal but then move on from it when the teen angst phase is over. But of course there's others who truly fall in love with the genre and enjoy it regardless of what they're feeling.

Oh yeah, I agree metal is amazing. I listen to metal up, down and all around, so it's not just an emotional comfort. But it definitely helps when one is low.
01.09.2012 - 19:59
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 01.09.2012 at 17:12

I have to agree with you, i was drawn towards metal because i was angry, frustrated, depressed. But i think the percnetage of teenagers listening to metal is pretty less when compared teens listening to Rock or Pop or other music genres.