Metal Storm logo
Borknagar - New Video Online

Norwegian melodic black metallers Borknagar have premiered a new video for the song "The Earthling", off their latest album Urd, at this location. Alternatively, you can watch the video below. Urd was released in March through Century Media.

Borknagar's mastermind Øystein G. Brun comments on the video: "The lyrical core-theme of Borknagar has always been to portray the primal encounter between man and Nature, to project the poetry of Nature and to profess pondering about man's existence therein. Over the last couple of months we have been working with Twitchy Films to produce a video for the song "The Earthling". Thematically, this song really grips onto the backbone of the album Urd and the band in general. As with our music, we wanted to do something really unique and special - and not a typical metal video. You won't see a raging metal band in dim lights with scary effects, but rather a video that sophistically portray the beauty, magnitude and power of the Nature."

"Kjetil Kolbjørnsrud and David Solbjørg at Twitchy Films spent a lot of time and effort to get the right shots and the perfect vibe. They spent hours and days in the Norwegian wilderness to make this video a reality. As you know, Nature is untamable. Hands down for their efforts and the great work! Enjoy, folks!"

Source: borknagar.com
Band profile: Borknagar
Posted: 09.07.2012 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 91 users
09.07.2012 - 21:28
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Amazing atmosphere.
10.07.2012 - 00:26
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I LOVE IT!
10.07.2012 - 01:16
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Makes me wanna go fishing.
10.07.2012 - 03:24
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I was never too fond of black (at least to the raw side of it), but this song amazes me a lot.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.07.2012 - 04:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 10.07.2012 at 01:16

Makes me wanna go fishing.

makes me want to go play live in Skyrim.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.07.2012 - 09:12
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.07.2012 at 04:59

makes me want to go play live in Skyrim.

haha thats funny cuz it seems like that was the opposite effect the band wanted for the video

I loved the video, great fuckin shots. The music on the other hand felt inferior to the shots portrayed.. i feel an old Insomnium song wouldve done the video more justice
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.07.2012 - 15:37
Draugen

A well made video for a bland song.
10.07.2012 - 17:41
Arcesse Eum

Written by Draugen on 10.07.2012 at 15:37

A well made video for a bland song.

Agreed - this same video could have applied to Frostrite and it would have been much better.
----
As above, so below.

Hits total: 2574 | This month: 5