Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Unveil New Album Title And Artwork

Norwegian progressive black metallers Enslaved have named their twelfth studio album Riitiir and have unveiled the album's artwork, which was created by Truls Espedal and can be viewed below. Riitiir is due out in Europe on September 28th and in North America on October 2nd through Nuclear Blast.

From the woods in Sweden, Enslaved guitarist/songwriter/founding member Ivar Bjørnson shares the following: "The album is, as mentioned, entitled Riitiir - a self-made 'Norse-ified' version of the words 'Rites' / 'Rituals.' RIITIIR = 'The Rites of Man,' to put it in a formulaic and easy way. There is no story with a timeline; again we've built structures that lay above the independent lyrics that we feel more comfortable with letting the reader explore, interpret, or simply discard themselves. It is entirely up to them. Meanwhile, we are extremely excited to see what visual artist and collaborator Truls Espedal has come up with this time. The collaboration between him, myself, and Grutle Kjellson was closer, more understanding and powerful this time than ever before in our more than decade-long cooperation. The album concept and our feelings connected to it hit home instantly with Truls, in the same way that his initial ideas resonated intensely with us from the second he shared them with us. We will, of course, discuss some key concepts and potential interpretations in deeper song-by-song analysis - but let's cross that rainbow when we get there."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 10.07.2012 by Amatsu Mikaboshi

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 284 users
11.07.2012 - 10:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.07.2012 at 02:34

That artwork is pretty shitty if you ask me.

Shitty will be a strong word, what if we say "very-normal" artwork.

Btw, i am still stoked to see what this album comes up as they're just a great and recognizable unit in Metal. I am pretty sure they won't disappoint it. Rest, lets just wait and watch.
11.07.2012 - 11:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by SSM on 11.07.2012 at 08:39

I think it's better to give the audience the opportunity to seek and find the concepts and intentions themselves.

That's what Enslaved were doing it till now.
11.07.2012 - 21:11
.Nick

Pretentious or not, I'm looking forward to this.
12.07.2012 - 01:44
Mattybu

Bad album title, poor cover art. The music will most likely be semi-awesome at the very least though
12.07.2012 - 14:26
jesterhead57

This is one of the best album covers i've seen in a while. good patterns. good symmetry.
13.07.2012 - 18:10
infernalius

Awesome cover !

Hits total: 5241 | This month: 7