Metal Storm logo
Stuff that was so bad you sold (or threw) it just after buying it

Original post

Posted by Windir, 19.07.2012 - 20:07
Sometimes we don't need to listen before buying, we just know the album rocks! but we are wrong!

In Flames - Reroute To Remain. I threw that crap after listening to it. (IN)TO THE PIT! (with Testament background music)
Agalloch - Pale Folklore/The Mantle. I bought that combo several years ago because of so many amazing reviews (I blindly or "deafly" trusted the reviews) and I know that there are thousands of agalloch likers/lovers/worshipers in this site but it was too boring for me so i sold them a couple of days after. SOLD!
Testament - Demonic. I love The Legacy, Pratice What You Preach, The Gathering and even some Low tracks but wtf is this? kinda death metal without solos... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, six seconds after listening to it I made an offer, and it was SOLD!
Mactatus - The Complex Bewitchment. I don't know why the hell I bought this (maybe the witch on the cover forced me ha ha)! I knew a guy that loved anything black metal so I said to him: "take it, it's a GIFT" and never saw the guy again...

There are many more I cannot remember, what about you?
13.04.2014 - 07:53
toxx
Supreme being
Sturmgeist -Über. Shittiest album i have ever bought. Listened to half the songs, and that was it. Just threw the thing in a box and put it in the attic.
13.04.2014 - 09:08
MetalDoomMaster
Written by Guest on 13.04.2014 at 07:11

haven't seen that, but he was pretty funny in that "one man metal" doco with his little cape on, screaming in the cave and stuff .

If you thought that was funny, then you definitely need to check that DVD out. I think it's called Jouney Of A Misanthrope.
13.04.2014 - 13:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by CobiWan1993 on 11.04.2014 at 03:20

I just sold my copy of Dream Theater's "Images and Words" and used the money from that to buy Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" (fight me).

Heresy!!!
----
13.04.2014 - 17:53
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by CobiWan1993 on 11.04.2014 at 03:20

I just sold my copy of Dream Theater's "Images and Words" and used the money from that to buy Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" (fight me).

I am prepared to do battle. Personally, I own both albums, but still...
13.04.2014 - 19:03
Lit.
Account deleted
Coldplay > Dream Theater
13.04.2014 - 19:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 13.04.2014 at 19:03
Coldplay > Dream Theater

I second that.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.04.2014 - 13:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think Korn's 'Take a Look in the Mirror' is the only album I ever took back to the shop. Seeing as I'm a pretty huge fan of Untouchables that record was quite a disappointment to say the least.
22.04.2014 - 22:38
raveneffect
Only two: St. Anger and Testament's Demonic and they were both the only time I've bought an Album blindly. I've tried to sell them instantly, since...well...it's Metallica so it should be sold easy...I was wrong, the word got out pretty fast so no one wanted this shitload of fuck. Sold Testament for Half the price but had a great time destroying Metallica's. Thats the only time I enjoyed their music, hitting against my room's wall. Better percursion than Lars ever had. true story.

Nowadays I just download everything. What I like, I buy and, unfourtunately, I end up enjoying quite a lot.