Metal Storm logo
Stuff that was so bad you sold (or threw) it just after buying it

19.07.2012 - 20:07
Windir

Sometimes we don't need to listen before buying, we just know the album rocks! but we are wrong!

In Flames - Reroute To Remain. I threw that crap after listening to it. (IN)TO THE PIT! (with Testament background music)
Agalloch - Pale Folklore/The Mantle. I bought that combo several years ago because of so many amazing reviews (I blindly or "deafly" trusted the reviews) and I know that there are thousands of agalloch likers/lovers/worshipers in this site but it was too boring for me so i sold them a couple of days after. SOLD!
Testament - Demonic. I love The Legacy, Pratice What You Preach, The Gathering and even some Low tracks but wtf is this? kinda death metal without solos... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, six seconds after listening to it I made an offer, and it was SOLD!
Mactatus - The Complex Bewitchment. I don't know why the hell I bought this (maybe the witch on the cover forced me ha ha)! I knew a guy that loved anything black metal so I said to him: "take it, it's a GIFT" and never saw the guy again...

There are many more I cannot remember, what about you?
19.07.2012 - 20:10
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Two albums come to mind: Yngwie Malmsteen - War to end all wars - gave it to a friend; St. Anger - gave it to my brother in law.
19.07.2012 - 20:21
Lit.
Account deleted
There's gotta be a thread already like this.
19.07.2012 - 20:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I remember this Deathstars album I bought and it was hideous. "Synthetic Generation" it was and I have been trying to sell it or trade it ever since, but I guess no-one else wants it either lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.07.2012 - 21:51
Mad Arab666

Venom - black metal (just hasnt aged well for me)
Sirenia - enigma of life (my first and last blind purchase)
Tara - my winter storm (only listened to it once, never really felt the urge to put it on again)
----
Bring up the wolves head!
19.07.2012 - 22:38
Crucifux
Account deleted
I don't really do that to stuff I regret buying. I still own a bunch of Kingdom Hearts games that I hated the very instant I played them. But I'd definitely sell these to willing buyers:

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone - I got this for Christmas or something. Psychosocial's the only worthwhile song on this load of crap.
Korn - Take A Look In The Mirror - Even back when I was a fangirl I thought this was shit. Feeble attempt to recapture their old sound.
Korn - Untouchables - Oh god, the singing. Just listen to "Make Believe," it's so bad.
19.07.2012 - 22:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
I keep everything, no matter how bad it is. I even buy the stuff I know is bad, but then a big reason to why I buy my music is because I collect CD:s. But I of course only buy bad stuff from usually good bands, it's about collecting discographies.
And it can also be hillarious to have a friend over, drink some beer and suddenly take out one bad piece of shit from the shelf, have a laugh and like "Dude, seriously, how bad is this album? C'mon, put it on!". Oh, I remember how we used to torture ourselves with cheezy Power Quest, just to suddenly hear the songs sober one day and discovered that we knew all the songs, and actually started to think it was pretty great...
----
19.07.2012 - 23:03
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Mad Arab666 on 19.07.2012 at 21:51

TarJa - my winter storm (only listened to it once, never really felt the urge to put it on again)

I suggest you try it once more, I think that album is damn amazing. They hired a really good pack of composers for it.

Let's see...
D12's 2004 album (can't remember the name), bought it for 20 Argentinian pesos and ended up selling it for 5 a year later, it was terrible.
Avril Lavigne's Under My Skin, it ended up as a gift for a girl some time later.
Also Limp Bizkit's Results May vary and Rhapsody's Dawn Of Victory, but they are still there in the collection.

And that is all, I think.
19.07.2012 - 23:16
emperorgonzo
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 19.07.2012 at 22:55

I keep everything, no matter how bad it is. I even buy the stuff I know is bad, but then a big reason to why I buy my music is because I collect CD:s. But I of course only buy bad stuff from usually good bands, it's about collecting discographies.
And it can also be hillarious to have a friend over, drink some beer and suddenly take out one bad piece of shit from the shelf, have a laugh and like "Dude, seriously, how bad is this album? C'mon, put it on!". Oh, I remember how we used to torture ourselves with cheezy Power Quest, just to suddenly hear the songs sober one day and discovered that we knew all the songs, and actually started to think it was pretty great...

I'm the exact same way. Putting it on a shelf to collect dust is almost the same as tossing it.
20.07.2012 - 00:35
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 19.07.2012 at 22:38

But I'd definitely sell these to willing buyers:

Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone - I got this for Christmas or something. Psychosocial's the only worthwhile song on this load of crap.
Korn - Take A Look In The Mirror - Even back when I was a fangirl I thought this was shit. Feeble attempt to recapture their old sound.
Korn - Untouchables - Oh god, the singing. Just listen to "Make Believe," it's so bad.

Good luck selling those

As for me, I don't sell or throw away or trade any of my albums. Even if they aren't good it's still worthwhile to keep them in my opinion...
20.07.2012 - 02:47
MetalSpider

Every CD I've bought, I've kept. However, I only buy CD's I like. I have, however, deleted albums that I've downloaded and either listened to it whole or just part of the album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.07.2012 - 03:17
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'm one for trading albums, I've purchased quite a few doozeys.

Kitties Spit, I know it's not THAT bad, but I sure dont like it,

CR33 - The Backlash Uprising, was $0.25, not bad for Christian rapcore.

A few MTV headbangers Ball CD's, I keep these because they showed me many different bands, when I was first starting out ^^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.07.2012 - 04:10
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 20.07.2012 at 02:47

Every CD I've bought, I've kept. However, I only buy CD's I like. I have, however, deleted albums that I've downloaded and either listened to it whole or just part of the album.

This.
20.07.2012 - 08:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 19.07.2012 at 22:38

I didn't dump CD anywhere except the fact that it's been added to my Metal collection. I do however with you, that "AHIG" was big pile of pigshit stuff which inevitably made their one of the weakest output they can ever come up with it. I like the artwork of "Hope is gone" and I suppose that's why I was drove away to buy that CD.

Written by MetalSpider on 20.07.2012 at 02:47

This 2.
20.07.2012 - 14:31
sallyjay

I just left St. Anger(I had it on tape lol) to melt outside. I didn't even like 1 song.
20.07.2012 - 20:20
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Apart from the obvious "St.Anger" and other albums which are more famous for being shitty then good, here is my list:

Lordi - Babez for Breakfast : Shift-Deleted this from my computer immediately after the first playthrough. This shit sucks pretty bad.
Blind Guardian - Forgotten Tales : Love BG but even an incredible band such as themselves can't take shitty pop songs and magically make them good.
20.07.2012 - 20:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I will glady accept any albums you guys hate.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.07.2012 - 23:25
ProgVet

Only one comes to mind:
I didn't throw it out or sell it but Children of Bodom's newset "album." Relentless, Reckless, Forever or whatever it was. Listened to it once, tiried a second time. Put in on my shelf and havn't touched it since. That was all the day it came out. SO disapointed.
21.07.2012 - 00:21
Iriki

Angra's Aurora Consurgens. I gave it to a friend of mine, he found it as bad as I find, he sold it to another friend, and the other friend thought it was really bad too and exchanged with a Black Sabbath album.
21.07.2012 - 00:23
Vombatus
Potorro
Have some crap coz of blind buying like Evol, Bleed The Sky, A Sense of Purpose or all post-FtR from CoB. No need to throw it away as long there is space, just gathering dust.
Same happens with extremely average/boring (but not necessarily bad) albums that I only listened once or twice.
21.07.2012 - 02:28
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I sold back to the store these: Damage Plan's New Found Power, Satyricon's Now Diabolical, a Trivium album, some stuff by Avenged Sevenfold and a few others I can't recall. I would have sold back Metallica's St. Anger but they weren't even buying it back at the store. Needless to say it's collecting dust.
22.07.2012 - 04:20
moribun

Apparently "Lulu" - Metallica
"Wintersun" - Wintersun, even though it's fondly received by fans and critics, I just couldn't get into it.
22.07.2012 - 04:58
Timelord

My list goes back quite a bit. Lets begin:

Exxplorer-don't even remember album title but it was back when you thought album covers meant good music. It got rubbed by magnet in the car causing cassete to fuck up
Exciter Violence and Force was the replacement for Exxplorer wasn't much better
Gwar-this toilet earth was this toilet record. Got same treatment with magnet money refunded lol
Slayer-Christ Illusion. Sold within 45 mins to a friend. Generic and uninspired
Testament-The Ritual of making shit albums until The gathering
Overkill-I hear Black...Really? I heard shit!!
Celtic Frost-Cold Lake......should have thrown this album in the lake
Virus -Force Reckon. Another damn cool album cover that scammed me. This was last time this happened. I checked into Album covers Anon clean since 89
Metallica-And justice for all. This was the last time I acknowledged the metal and they became Llica cause metal disappeared.
Megadeth-Killing is my business. Should have killed producer of this album
Exodus-Impact is imminent - so was a 10yr absence
Death Angel-Frolic through the park.....shoulda kept walking
Anthrax-anything after Sound of white noise
22.07.2012 - 06:09
helofloki

Well, I've never actually sold or given stuff away immediately. Sometimes I think, 'maybe I'll come around to enjoying this' because it's happened to me before. One of the best examples being De Mysteris Dom Satanas by Mayhem. When I got it innitially I just wasn't ready for it, but when I'm in the mood it's great. There plenty of albums I've bought that were just duds and never did anything for me, particularly when I went through this Inside Out records phase. Most notably I remember getting a Sieges Even album and trying really hard to like it. It remained incredibly bland. Got an acclaimed Ayreon album as well, there were a couple cool parts, I liked the idea of such an epic concept, but in the end it all made me feel more awkward than excited.
22.07.2012 - 10:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by moribun on 22.07.2012 at 04:20

Apparently "Lulu" - Metallica

I appreciate your "inner extraordinary" guts to buy that CD and later claiming to sold or throw that away. Well done.
22.07.2012 - 13:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Timelord on 22.07.2012 at 04:58

My list goes back quite a bit. Lets begin:

Exxplorer-don't even remember album title but it was back when you thought album covers meant good music. It got rubbed by magnet in the car causing cassete to fuck up
Exciter Violence and Force was the replacement for Exxplorer wasn't much better

why would that be the replacement for Exxplorer? The artwork is one of the worst ever. But thank God the album itself is really good.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.07.2012 - 02:41
I_Die_Often

I got rid of most of my Alternative music from the 90's, just don't need that crap around.
As far as metal, I've held on to it all.
Got a list called "Biggest Pieces Of Crap In My CD Collection", can't say I've gotten anything lately to add to that list.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
01.08.2012 - 10:10
erikwithafro81

Userper's album Twilight Dominion is the the only album I've ever gotten rid of. I was 15 and had never heard any black metal before, and didn't like it. I listened to it again years later, and still didn't like it (I have a far greater understanding of black metal now than 10 years ago).
22.10.2012 - 06:17
chronic-headache

Sepulturas Chaos A.D.
25.10.2012 - 01:39
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel...For An Iron Age

Utter tripe. Misguided lyrics. Less than memorable music. My recommendation: AVOID.
----